FRN Jester Sprint Input Needed

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.

What color FRN would you like to see on the FRN Jester sprint run?

British Racing Green
11%
Burgundy
13%
Navy Blue
14%
Tan
6%
Orange
12%
Yellow
2%
White
11%
Purple
6%
Gray
5%
Glow-in-the-Dark
19%

Total votes: 443

jabba359

FRN Jester Sprint Input Needed

Post by jabba359 »

In the other thread about a Jester sprint run, Sal expressed his willingness to get one made:
sal wrote:We've already produced a green Jester. In order to make a new sprint, it would have to change from previous models (so as not to hurt the value of previous models). You can agree on a color that we've not used before, agree on an edge config or both and we'll do a run.

sal
So I'm making a poll to help gauge our interest in different colors. You can select more than one (but probably be best to select just your top two or three).

I went thorough the thread and tried to find the most popular colors. I also don't know if GITD is possible, but tossed it in there as I ran out of ideas for other colors. Sal said that lime green has already been done and a color change would be required in the sprint, so I'm not including it in the poll, but feel free to ask for it in the comments.

The following colors have been used in the FRN Jester, so they are also not included in the poll:

*black
*lime green
*pink
*forest green
*blue (Japan only)
*red (Japan only)

Also, please state your interest in edge configuration.
Last edited by jabba359 on Fri Dec 24, 2021 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
-Kyle

:bug-red
Latest arrivals: Lava Flow CF DLC Para2, Magnacut Mule, GITD Jester

http://www.spydiewiki.com
gdwtvb

Post by gdwtvb »

Purple seems like a natural.

Grizz
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

Keep in mind that ZDP and serrations don't mix well so that may be a factor. We also need to figure out if flat ground will work with the jimping on the nose of the blade. I am going to suggest hollow ground blades for that reason but if flat ground will work well then I am very interested in that too. I know lime green has been used but was unsure if a coated blade would be an exception or not. Also not sure if british racing green is too close to forest green. A Jester Salt would be cool.

I like British racing green with hollow ground ZDP plain edge

or

Lime green with hollow ground ZDP plain edge with black blade

or

Yellow with hollow ground H1 serrated edge. Jester Salt.

Edit: I voted green before I saw yellow and you can't go back and add a vote. Oh well.
jabba359

Post by jabba359 »

I'd prefer one in PE, but would pick one up in SE if that were all that was available.
-Kyle

:bug-red
Latest arrivals: Lava Flow CF DLC Para2, Magnacut Mule, GITD Jester

http://www.spydiewiki.com
LC Kid

Post by LC Kid »

Hi Folks!

I would say:
:) - ZDP-189 Hollow Grind PE

- Orange FRN
- Yellow FRN
Stay Sharp!
FDE

Post by FDE »

I voted white because it can easily be turned into any color of your choosing! I would like PE in any steel (vg-10 would be fine)
ZL1

Post by ZL1 »

Could we get one in Ron Burgundy?
bh49

Post by bh49 »

British racing green and orange will be my top choices. All others will be ok, probably except yellow. Will have to die it.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
3rdGenRigger

Post by 3rdGenRigger »

Burgundy
Navy Blue
Tan
All Glory To The Hypno-Toad

---> Branden
GoldenSpydie

Post by GoldenSpydie »

Spyderco doesn't do much with moonglow/glow-in-the-dark, so that is my first choice.

Navy blue is my second choice.

Strongly prefer plain edge.

It will be great to get a new sprint!
Blerv

Post by Blerv »

I voted for Burgundy, British Racing Green, and Grey simply on the off-chance Spyderco would feel the guilt to change up the steel from VG10 :p . Of those, burgundy would be my style fave.
kbuzbee

Post by kbuzbee »

Burgundy or BRG in ZDP PE.

Ken
玉鋼
araneae

Post by araneae »

I'm sticking with Lime green until Sal states that the reasons we pointed out are not sufficient- second choice is orange. I just don't think that previously used colors have to be ruled out as the old models were pinned and did not have the steel stamped on the tang. It will be very easy to distinguish a new production from the old.
So many knives, so few pockets... :)
-Nick

Last in: N5 Magnacut
The "Spirit" of the design does not come through unless used. -Sal
ohcyclist

Post by ohcyclist »

Glow in the dark would be amazing for a key chain knife. Delighted that it was listed as an option.

Navy or BRG if that is not an option.

Plain edge is fine, VG-10 or ZDP would be great as well. I vote for hollow ground, not flat.

Per the other thread, I would be over the moon if Spyderco saw fit to make this in grey frn and super blue!!!!!
Ned

Post by Ned »

Yes, I voted glow in the dark...ZDP! :)
:spyder: C101PBL2, C54GPBN, C154PBK, MGREP, JGGYP, C75P3, C36TIP, C113GPGY, C127GPOR, C85GPBL, C11SBK, C10SBK, C11TR, C10TR, C28S (Wharncliffe mod), C11TIPD, C12GS, FB15P, C110GPBL, C85GP2, C141CFP, FB14P3Z, C123GPBL, C88PYL, KO4PBK, C105BMP

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places...Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God." Ephesians 6:12-13
Invective

Post by Invective »

I voted BRG, Purple and GITD. BRG because, y'know, ZDP :p . Purple because it's a great color and GITD because then you can put it on your keys and if you lose your keys, just turn on the lights for a few minutes turn them off and then you can find them!
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

I voted White and Navy Blue. I figured unique colors that hadn't been done before would be best. I prefer HG and any of the Japanese steels would suit me fine in either edge configuration. I would still like to put in a lonely vote for RED!
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*
araneae

Post by araneae »

Also, I hate to rain on the parade, but glow in the dark FRN is is a bit of a unicorn as far as I know. It has never been done to my knowledge.
So many knives, so few pockets... :)
-Nick

Last in: N5 Magnacut
The "Spirit" of the design does not come through unless used. -Sal
opusxpn

Post by opusxpn »

I voted Burgundy as first choice but Navy blue and tan are also good choices.
Keep'em sharp :spyder: 9 Enduras, 4 Manix, Manix XL DLC, 3 Delicas, 5 Ladybug, 2 Manbug, 4 Dragonfly, Pingo, Cat, 3 Salt1, Pacific salt, Tasman, 3 stretch, 2 Tenacious, Resiliance, Robyn2 G10, 2byrd hawkbill, 4Para2, 2Military, native5 frn, Bradley folder, SpyDK, Kiwi, MT19, salt saver, Street bowie, Roadie,Squeak, 5 UKPK, k05 SE, k04 SE & PE
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

Yellow isn't doing so well. I guess the Jester Salt isn't going to be a winner. I think a Jester Salt would go very well with the Ladybug Hawkbill Salt.