Spyderco 2015 Calendar Contest!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Nicole

Post by Nicole »

Spyderco posting this on behalf of Camden Davison.

Description:
The Spyderco Manbug G10 exhibits the essence of the "little big knife". Although the small size may at first fool you, the Manbug performs to the level of a much larger knife. One of the many components that makes this blade special is the fact that Spyderco's own founder, Sal Glesser, has designed and often chosen to carry this knife with him despite the vast array of knives available. The small size of the Manbug allows you to have it on you at all times, and that is where a Spyderco truly serves it's purpose. This contest submission photo features the Spyderpac as a backdrop.
Good luck everyone!

Model Name: Spyderco Manbug G10

[ATTACH]23691[/ATTACH]
Attachments
CamoBam Manbug Spyderco[1].jpg
CamoBam Manbug Spyderco.jpg
Ignaz

Post by Ignaz »

I chose the Navigator 2 for my photo because I think the pinned steel handle, the classic leaf blade and the great ergonomics make it a typical Spyderco classic. I tried to capture it’s minimalist and simple yet thought-out design in this photo. Thank you for the contest.

Forum Name: Ignaz
Model Name: C93P Navigator 2
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

Ignaz wrote:Image

I chose the Navigator 2 for my photo because I think the pinned steel handle, the classic leaf blade and the great ergonomics make it a typical Spyderco classic. I tried to capture it’s minimalist and simple yet thought-out design in this photo. Thank you for the contest.

Forum Name: Ignaz
Model Name: C93P Navigator 2
You definitely succeeded, great photo!
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
Cameron

Post by Cameron »

Manix2 Dark Blue Lightweight FRN CPM-S110V
The photo was taken on the trunk of my car in the parking lot of the Spyderco HQ in Golden. As for the knife, it is contender for knife of the decade.
Bradley Folder 2 CPM M4
Military ​​​CTS XHP​ - CPM​ ​Cru​-​wear​
Para Military 2CTS​ XHP - CTS 204P
Manix 2 CTS XHP - CPM​ ​Cru​-​wear​ - CPM​ M4
Ignaz

Post by Ignaz »

Liquid Cobra wrote:You definitely succeeded, great photo!
Thank you very much :)
Nicole

Post by Nicole »

Spyderco posting on behalf of TheArchitect

Forum Name: TheArchitect

Model Name: Spyderco Lionspy

Description:

I have started collecting and using Spyderco knives fairly recently within the last couple years and all I can say is I’m “All in” for Spyderco. One day a week I play cards out on my patio table with family or friends and ALWAYS have a Spydie with me and usually it is my Lionspy.

[ATTACH]23695[/ATTACH]
Attachments
MLA_Calendar Contest 2014.jpg
Ted

Post by Ted »

Forum name: Ted

Model name: too many ... center is the Spyderco Chaparral 3 Stepped Titanium ~ C152STI

Story: I've adopted a good tip from a Spyderco employee - toss all the EDC's in a bowl or box, and do a daily pick for the EDC of the day! These are all the 'users' I've collected over the years. It started with the Aluminum Cricket in the upper left corner.

bakergh

Post by bakergh »

Forum Name: bakergh

Model Name: Manix 2 XL S90V

Story: I am an forever tinkering with things. I frequently have an idea stuck in my mind and the only way I can get it out is to see if I can build it. It seems that the brilliant minds at Spyderco may share this trait. I love my manix 2 xl and I feel like it's s90v steel and carbon fiber scales fit in right at home next to my prototyping stuff. Very "Cutting Edge"

SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

Ted! Good to hear from you, sir! How long has it been? Very nice picture too, by the way. That Walker and Jess Horn got my attention immediately. :D
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
wec12

Post by wec12 »

Model: Spyderco Native 5 Titanium Fluted C41TIF5

Forum Name: wec12

Let’s see the detail on the eye-catching “~floating~” Titanium Fluted Native. Every single angle, every single line and every single cut make Titanium Fluted Native a fine piece of art. In order to emphasize the beauty of the Native Titanium Fluted, white (on Native) and red (background) light-painting was used and out-of-focus DIY customized bokeh effect on Spyderco logo was applied using Christmas light.
█ Copycat :mad: █
█ A.K.A. Mr.Dissector █
█ "Think before You Cut" --- Sal Glesser. █
w3tnz

Post by w3tnz »

This year I am submitting a shot of my spyderco military, this one is a cruwear sprint with a titanium RIL lock, seen here resting on a r ound of 223 before a trip to the range. It's a bit dirty, but that just show's its not afraid to work !

Model: Military, cruwear / Ti hybrid

Forum member: w3tnz
Jazz

Post by Jazz »

Knife: Caly 3.5
Forum name: Jazz

I chose the Caly 3.5 because not only is it very ergonomic - it melts into your hand - but it is also a work of art. Just look at it. Look at the lines. I chose a shot that perfectly outlines the beauty of Sal's creation.

Good luck everyone!
- best wishes, Jazz.
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

Knife: Stainless A.T.R (C70)
Forum name: xceptnl

Since discovering this marvel of the cutlery industry a while back, it still stands to me as one of the most advanced yet simple designs of any folder in the industry. This model is packed with unique features like the integral compression lock, the reverse tanto like blade and the open pillar construction that all harmonize into a slim and stout, pocketable knife. The sun is always setting through the trees on my property and I held the ATR up to the light and was inspired and the sunlight shown through the opening hole as if it was the center of all things sharp!

Great submissions by all members, I hope I get included this year as it's the first time I have had the tools to produce a calendar worthy image.
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

Beautiful shot, Landon. It's a keeper for sure (both knife and picture!) :)

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
JAfromMN

Post by JAfromMN »

My favorite Spyderco is the one I'm carrying now :p
gbelleh

Post by gbelleh »

This year, I'm entering my recreation of Leonardo da Vinci's famous drawing, "Vitruvian Man." The original drawing represents the ideal human proportions, based on geometry described by the ancient Roman architect, Vitruvius. The original drawing (along with more information about it) can be found here: Vitruvian Man

To me, the Spyderco Delica represents the ideal proportions in an EDC folding knife. So, I present... "Vitruvian Knife" :D

Model: Spyderco Delica 4 (gray, VG-10)
Forum Name: gbelleh
:bug-red-white
Surfingringo

Post by Surfingringo »

gbelleh wrote:This year, I'm entering my recreation of Leonardo da Vinci's famous drawing, "Vitruvian Man." The original drawing represents the ideal human proportions, based on geometry described by the ancient Roman architect, Vitruvius. The original drawing (along with more information about it) can be found here: Vitruvian Man

To me, the Spyderco Delica represents the ideal proportions in an EDC folding knife. So, I present... "Vitruvian Knife" :D

Model: Spyderco Delica 4 (gray, VG-10)
Forum Name: gbelleh
Gbellah, this is the most creative and intriguing entry I have seen! I will be sad if this one doesn't make the calendar. Well done!
gbelleh

Post by gbelleh »

Thanks for the nice comments.

There are many great entries so far, and I'm looking forward to seeing more as the contest wraps up. Good luck to all!
:bug-red-white
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

Very well done indeed, gbelleh! That is front-page material right there. :)

DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

Congratulations on all the great entries, everybody. I can already easily pick out 12 that I would be happy to look at for a month.
K-390 on hand: Mule Team 17, Police 4 G-10, Endela (burlap micarta), Endela backup, Endura (canvas micarta), Straight Stretch (now blade-swapped with G-10 Stretch), Delica Wharncliffe, Dragonfly Wharncliffe, & Dragonfly Wharncliffe shorty mod
Note to self: Less is more.