2014 Forum Knife

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
bh49

Post by bh49 »

timlara wrote:That's a good point...maybe we should be hassling KnifeWorks instead of Sal! :D
I am not sure, if Roger would want to go for this after all harassment by Spydernuts he and his people received due to delay of green Para. May be his buddy Mark want to ask him nicely?
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
malice

Post by malice »

Hhhmmmm, a solution to one day members who buy and then flip, would be to only allow one knife per member.

Alternatively the forum administrators or the people from Spyderco could always send a PM to member with more than a certain number of posts (I would say 500+) a week in advance to the official release.

Oh, and a dark blue spyderco M4 would be awesome.
But what are your thoughts on a blue carbon fiber one ? I just read they still have a stock of that...
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

RadioactiveSpyder wrote:A diamond texture forest green G10 S110V Millie to match the forum Native would be most desirable!! :D
I believe that the issue with that is that the existing stock of that diamond textured green G10 is thinner than what they typically use on the millie. That is what I was told when I inquired with halpern about getting some mule scales made out of it so that my S110V mule would match my Forum Native5.
PayneTrain

Post by PayneTrain »

I remember someone mentioning how cool arctic camo G10 would look. Just want to throw that out there, though something about arctic camo and M4 doesn't seem right. I'd suggest a different steel but I'm afraid of being beaten. I too have noticed a demand for an M4 PM2.
Fred Sanford

Post by Fred Sanford »

I would love to see a Native III resurrected with something like ZDP for a forum knife. That would rock.

Unlined FRN, Wire clip.....what's not to like?
"I'm calling YOU ugly, I could push your face in some dough and make gorilla cookies." - Fred Sanford
bh49

Post by bh49 »

David Lowry wrote:I would love to see a Native III resurrected with something like ZDP for a forum knife. That would rock.

Unlined FRN, Wire clip.....what's not to like?
David,
Sorry I do not like swedge and grind. Handle and wire clip are nice. Make the blade FFG like 2009 Forum Native and I will start to love it.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
RadioactiveSpyder

Post by RadioactiveSpyder »

PayneTrain wrote:I remember someone mentioning how cool arctic camo G10 would look. Just want to throw that out there, though something about arctic camo and M4 doesn't seem right. I'd suggest a different steel but I'm afraid of being beaten. I too have noticed a demand for an M4 PM2.
Here's the arctic camo discussion: :)

http://www.spyderco.com/forums/showthre ... esert-camo

I'll certainly be OK with them using the light tan G10 for a M4 PM2, a la the Manix 2 sprint. I'm also partial to a nice dark blue or burgundy/maroon G10. I dressed up my M4 Mule in some burgundy Halpern scales (dyed from the coyote brown version).

It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

Military with foliage green G-10 and K390, M-4, or D2... or 2nd G-10 choice, dark green.

If the Millie is unacceptable because of its size, how about a Sage 3 with K390 or another super steel and foliage green or dark green G-10, or CF. I think the forum knives should be more mutually unique instead of matching. A Taichung knife would not add to Golden production load. I know some might think a steel like this is inappropriate for a small knife, but it wouldn't bother me.
K-390 on hand: Mule Team 17, Police 4 G-10, Endela (burlap micarta), Endela backup, Endura (canvas micarta), Straight Stretch (now blade-swapped with G-10 Stretch), Delica Wharncliffe, Dragonfly Wharncliffe, & Dragonfly Wharncliffe shorty mod
Note to self: Less is more.
RadioactiveSpyder

They've already made a foliage green D2 Millie...
It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

RadioactiveSpyder wrote:They've already made a foliage green D2 Millie...
true... I was just thinking of looking for one earlier today... :o
K-390 on hand: Mule Team 17, Police 4 G-10, Endela (burlap micarta), Endela backup, Endura (canvas micarta), Straight Stretch (now blade-swapped with G-10 Stretch), Delica Wharncliffe, Dragonfly Wharncliffe, & Dragonfly Wharncliffe shorty mod
PayneTrain

Post by PayneTrain »

RadioactiveSpyder wrote:Here's the arctic camo discussion: :)

http://www.spyderco.com/forums/showthre ... esert-camo
Nice, and thank you for that. It really needs to happen eventually. It could be on a hawkbill butter knife and I'd still buy one.
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

PayneTrain wrote:Nice, and thank you for that. It really needs to happen eventually. It could be on a hawkbill butter knife and I'd still buy one.
I'm not a fan of camo, but I'd take two of these... IF... they're spyderedge... but glow-in-the-dark camo would be nice...
bh49 wrote:I am not sure, if Roger would want to go for this after all harassment by Spydernuts he and his people received due to delay of green Para. May be his buddy Mark want to ask him nicely?
(about an M4 exclusive)

He was willing to do the second run of 400 green Paras after all that, so maybe there's hope. There seems to be enough harassment available around here that we could afford to be equal opportunity harassers :D We could harass for a forum knife and an M4 exclusive at the same time... maybe we could even harass the Taichung factory itself for an M4 Sage 3... light tan, foliage green or dark green scales... anybody know their contact info? :rolleyes:
bearfacedkiller

A foliage green M4 Sage 3 would have my wallet spread wide open.
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

bearfacedkiller wrote:A foliage green M4 Sage 3 would have my wallet spread wide open.
Me too, forum knife or exclusive, whichever's quicker. I've always wanted a Sage 3 but didn't like the blue G-10 and never pulled the trigger on the CF.
Tony18

Post by Tony18 »

To prevent flippers and all the other nonsense that comes with the forum knives, How about the forum knife is only for the forum members that have truly contributed to the forum and make this forum possible.(IMO would be easy to determine) Which would exclude members as myself and even tho by the time it's released I'll have been a member for quite awhile, I don't see why I would deserve a FORUM knife when I've yet to contribute to the FORUM. I'm just happy with the privilege of having this forum & learning so much from the contributions of members that actually make this a FORUM. I think that's Fair and a very simple solution..
bearfacedkiller

This is all wishful thinking about a forum knife that could be years away. Why are we talking about flippers already. Lets keep the thread to a discussion about what we would like to see in a knife and save the flipper talk for when the knife becomes a reality.
RadioactiveSpyder

Perhaps a forum knife for the 10K+ posters.

Not too many of those out there (the Deacon is the only one I'm familiar with, anyone else? what's Sal count up to post-wise?). It could be the ultimate Stretch made to Paul's specifications, materials, etc. (or perhaps another model of the 10K club's choosing). Then we'll know exactly who gets them! ;)

For me, it's just nice to think of new combinations and possibilities, but then someone else usually more clever and creative than myself knocks my socks off with some crazy prototype pic. Forum knife or not, I love them all!
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

RadioactiveSpyder wrote:Perhaps a forum knife for the 10K+ posters.

Not too many of those out there (the Deacon is the only one I'm familiar with, anyone else? what's Sal count up to post-wise?). It could be the ultimate Stretch made to Paul's specifications, materials, etc. (or perhaps another model of the 10K club's choosing). Then we'll know exactly who gets them! ;)

For me, it's just nice to think of new combinations and possibilities, but then someone else usually more clever and creative than myself knocks my socks off with some crazy prototype pic. Forum knife or not, I love them all!
I would think 1K would be enough to sort out the "short term members". Care to reply and secure your fate? :D
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*
JNewell

Post by JNewell »

bearfacedkiller wrote:This is all wishful thinking about a forum knife that could be years away. Why are we talking about flippers already. Lets keep the thread to a discussion about what we would like to see in a knife and save the flipper talk for when the knife becomes a reality.
Thank you. I completely agree. :spyder:
ohcyclist

Post by ohcyclist »

M4 Para2 would be absolutely awesome. Even better with dark blue G10.