If you could create your own model what would it be...?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
ourgon

Post by ourgon »

Tenacious with compression lock and M390 blade, bigger and stronger screws, hidden liners like in PM2. Or another high quality materials knife with CL and without big choil.
:spyder: Street Bowie
:spyder: Street Beat
:spyder: Paramilitary 2
:spyder: Starmate 440V
:spyder: Police SS
:spyder: Endura IV FG
:spyder: ClipiTool
jackknifeh

Post by jackknifeh »

I would create a knife that is thin and in a size that is easy to carry. The handle needs to be attractive, provide a good grip and easy to maintain. I think I would want a stainless (to reduce corrosion concerns) blade with very good edge retention. M4 or other carbon steels would be a good choice but since there are very good stainless steels I'd suggest that on this knife. I would want a finger choil. The blade should be 2.75" to 3".

I gave this some thought and came up with the above. That knife would fall into my top 3 configurations and one that would fit into my favorite EDC choices. So I would order a thin handled knife with an XHP blade, titanium handle (won't rust) with ergos that provide a good grip even though titanium doesn't provide a good grip. Since the type of lock a knife has isn't that important to me, as long as it is reliable and is able to be released with one hand, any lock Spyderco uses is ok with me. I'll go with a back-lock. I could order this knife.

Or I could buy a Chaparral 2. :) Changing the blade steel might be fun but IMO and experience XHP is great and fine with me on my EDC knives. I could change different things about the Chaparral models but I don't know of any changes that would be "better". They would just be a little different. I like the Chaparral 2 more than the Chaparral (CF) mainly because while the SS liners won't rust easily they are more prone to it than titanium. Regarding corrosion I would not want H-1 because it's edge retention isn't as good based on the very little experience I've had with H-1. Still a nice steel though.

So I suppose Spyderco has already come up with a knife as "perfect" as you can get. Not to mention a couple of others I love to carry with the Chaparral 2 just for size variety. Manbug and Stretch for example.

Jack
Gunslinger

Post by Gunslinger »

Pm2 with blue anodized fluted Ti handles and Integral compression lock with s90v blade.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
hank_612

Post by hank_612 »

Military 2 110v blade OD scales
RanCoWeAla

Post by RanCoWeAla »

Something like the Des Horn Imvubu
ourgon

Post by ourgon »

- new C15 with compression lock/liner lock, G-10 and S90V blade
- Endura 5 made in Taiwan with better fit and finish, 154CM blade, Endura 3 blade shape, and handle shape like in Byrd Cara Cara, especially finger choil.
- Paramilitary 3 with compression lock, G-10, M390 blade, stronger tip, smaller spyderhole (12-13 mm), smaller finger choil/without finger choil, and blade longer ~4 mm, because in handle is some free space for that.
:spyder: Street Bowie
:spyder: Street Beat
:spyder: Paramilitary 2
:spyder: Starmate 440V
:spyder: Police SS
:spyder: Endura IV FG
:spyder: ClipiTool
thombrogan

Post by thombrogan »

Another random thought:

Bring back the A.T.R., but with the Ti scales/integral Compression Lock of the 'Merican version with a :spyder: -edged H1 blade and Ti Cobra hood.
v8r

Post by v8r »

I was thinking last night a Wharncliff bladed flipper slightly larger than a Domino would be cool. I would prefer a high hollow grind, with a hollow ground swedge at the top of the blade as well. I would like the blade stock a wee bit thicker than the Domino as well. Lock bar would have a steel insert, and
The handle scale would be some Green twill carbon fiber.
V8R

Opinions are like belly buttons most people have one:p
Holland

Post by Holland »

Caly Jr SuperBlue, M4 chaparral with plain bead-blasted Ti handles
-Spencer

Rotation:
Gayle Bradley 2 | Mantra 1 | Watu | Chaparral 1 | Dragonfly 2 Salt SE
Holland

Post by Holland »

It would be even cooler if both of those knives were <2mm
-Spencer

Rotation:
Gayle Bradley 2 | Mantra 1 | Watu | Chaparral 1 | Dragonfly 2 Salt SE
thombrogan

Post by thombrogan »

+1 on the less than 2mm at spine. Have you ever tried Blue #2? In chef knives, it's very nice.
RanCoWeAla

Post by RanCoWeAla »

RanCoWeAla wrote:Something like the Des Horn Imvubu
This one because Spyderco needs something like this with extended tang where you can roll the blade open and add another dimension or method of deployment

Also the Caly 3.75 in any combination of steel and handle to begin with.
Kylems11

Post by Kylems11 »

Sage blade. Maybe a tad less belly. With a compression lock. 3 inch blade. Wire pocket clip. Black g10 handles. Ball bearing pivot. = perfection.
My :spyder:'s
Pm2(1), salt 1, dragonfly 2 salt(2), dragonfly 2(1), delica 4(2), tenacious(2), persistence(2), kiwi 3(2), grasshopper, honeybee, bug, native 5 g10, manbug, ladybug, sage 3, southard(turned mini) kiwi 4 g10, manix 2 LW s110v

:spyder:Kyle:spyder:
RJNC

Post by RJNC »

Sheepsfoot Manbug.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Actually, I would bring back the Rock Lobster, albeit with black G10 and the EvilD mod w/ S110V.
That would be one bad mamma jamma in my book. :)
gaj999

Post by gaj999 »

Centofante 4, FFG CPM M4.