Confused about the dice...

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Kylems11

Confused about the dice...

Post by Kylems11 »

So i am seeing on websites the handles of the dice being called glass woven cf in like a silver color and then i am seeing other pictures of the handles looking just like the domino. This will be a deal breaker for me as i will only buy if the handles will look like the dominos cf. Can someone clarify this for me please? Sal maybe...

My :spyder:'s
Pm2(1), salt 1, dragonfly 2 salt(2), dragonfly 2(1), delica 4(2), tenacious(2), persistence(2), kiwi 3(2), grasshopper, honeybee, bug, native 5 g10, manbug, ladybug, sage 3, southard(turned mini) kiwi 4 g10, manix 2 LW s110v

:spyder:Kyle:spyder:
gbelleh

Post by gbelleh »

The catalog says "cubic check" cf. Same as the Domino. I think the GPK pic has some glare on the scales making it look like that.
:bug-red-white
Kylems11

Post by Kylems11 »

gbelleh wrote:The catalog says "cubic check" cf. Same as the Domino. I think the GPK pic has some glare on the scales making it look like that.
Ive seen two websites saying glass woven cf with that same picture.
My :spyder:'s
Pm2(1), salt 1, dragonfly 2 salt(2), dragonfly 2(1), delica 4(2), tenacious(2), persistence(2), kiwi 3(2), grasshopper, honeybee, bug, native 5 g10, manbug, ladybug, sage 3, southard(turned mini) kiwi 4 g10, manix 2 LW s110v

:spyder:Kyle:spyder:
3rdGenRigger

Post by 3rdGenRigger »

I think they're shipping in a couple days from certain retailers...we'll likely have real pictures soon enough. I thought they were going to be the same as on the Domino/Sage3. That second picture looks really washed out (Look at how indistinguishable the Spyder and blade markings are).
All Glory To The Hypno-Toad

---> Branden
RadioactiveSpyder

Post by RadioactiveSpyder »

Just check out Mr. Blonde's pictures of the Dice on his website:

http://spydercollector.wordpress.com/20 ... type-dice/

And posted here on the forum:

http://www.spyderco.com/forums/showthre ... post923616

Hope that clears up the fact that the Dice's scale is identical to that of the Domino and the second gen versions of the Sage 3 and Szabo folder! Cheers, Radioactive :)
It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

Ive seen it in person. Its the same as the domino.
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
CarbonFiberNut

Post by CarbonFiberNut »

You're just seeing bad photography, don't worry about it.
◊ Manix 2 XL ◊ Manix 2 lightweight blue ◊ Caly 3 carbon fiber ◊ Caly 3 damascus / CF ◊ Lum Chinese Nishijin ◊ Sage 1 ◊ Superleaf
◊ Dragonfly FRN serrated ◊ Endura Gen 1 ◊ Rescue Gen 1 ◊ Endura 4 FFG ◊ Delica 4 half serrated ◊ Mule Team ◊ Spin ◊ Bushcraft UK
◊ S110V Forum Native 5 ◊ Black Nishijin Cricket

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Top 5 most wanted: Domino, Dice, CF Para-2, CF Cricket. Seeing a theme here?