FRN jester sprint

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

Why not make a grey super blue model or a British racing green zdp model to compliment those two existing product lines?
bh49

Post by bh49 »

bearfacedkiller wrote:Why not make a British racing green zdp model to compliment those to existing product lines?
This will do a trick for me, but street price probably will be up 30-40%. Still prefer original grind and VG10. Actually I would buy 1-2 ZDP for myself and 2-3 for gifts.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
Gunslinger

Post by Gunslinger »

How about the blue like the blue ZDP Stretch and Delica?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Ned

Post by Ned »

ZDP Jester would be cool..
:spyder: C101PBL2, C54GPBN, C154PBK, MGREP, JGGYP, C75P3, C36TIP, C113GPGY, C127GPOR, C85GPBL, C11SBK, C10SBK, C11TR, C10TR, C28S (Wharncliffe mod), C11TIPD, C12GS, FB15P, C110GPBL, C85GP2, C141CFP, FB14P3Z, C123GPBL, C88PYL, KO4PBK, C105BMP

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places...Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God." Ephesians 6:12-13
ohcyclist

Post by ohcyclist »

Has the jester always been sprint run only? If not then I would like to back the option of it joining the zdp line permanently.

In terms of sprints, orange or blue would be superb!
malice

Post by malice »

Anything flashy would be good.

There are already too many black knives on the planet, time for some diversity !

My top 3 would be : Salt yellow, Lime green and fire engine red !
LC Kid

ZDP Jester

Post by LC Kid »

Hi Folks!

A Spyderco Jester ZDP-189 PE/SE British Racing Green FRN sounds fantastic to me.
:cool:
Stay Sharp!
Jazz

Post by Jazz »

Ned wrote:ZDP Jester would be cool..
Yes it would - in FFG.
- best wishes, Jazz.
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

I really love the HG of the latest G-10 sprint and I think ZDP or Superblue would make for a great choice in the current grind.

sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*
timlara

Post by timlara »

I'm not sure if a flat grind would be compatible with the Jester's design, due to the jimping spot on the nose of the blade. It seems like a flat grind on such a small blade might make the nose/tip too thin to still do the jimping like it is. If it would work, I'm all for a FFG...but the nose on the Jester is my favorite feature, so I think it's just about perfect as is.
araneae

Post by araneae »

sal wrote:We've already produced a green Jester. In order to make a new sprint, it would have to change from previous models (so as not to hurt the value of previous models). You can agree on a color that we've not used before, agree on an edge config or both and we'll do a run.

sal
Sal, I would assume that a new Jester would have a blade steel marking, making it easily distinguished from the old Lime green. Its a great color and clearly popular. I would be happy with any color really, but I don't see why lime green can't make a return- just mark the blade with the steel.
So many knives, so few pockets... :)
-Nick

Last in: N5 Magnacut
The "Spirit" of the design does not come through unless used. -Sal
M80

Post by M80 »

Why not white just dye them any color you want :D
PSquared

Post by PSquared »

sal wrote:We've already produced a green Jester. In order to make a new sprint, it would have to change from previous models (so as not to hurt the value of previous models). You can agree on a color that we've not used before, agree on an edge config or both and we'll do a run.

sal
No chance of the Jester coming back as a standard production model seeing that the FRN moulds are already being used and the jig for the blade already exists - then past colours (of the old production versions) wouldn't matter?

Either way, I'm in for a few for myself and lots as gifts.

If it has to be a sprint, I'm liking the BR Green PE ZDP189 sugestion, second choice, whatever is made other than maybe black. Bright "friendly" colours I think. PE and SE are both good in this size.
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

Never thought I'd see myself typing this, but how about lime green with a black blade. Still think steel markings and the :spyder: on the blade and that it would most likely have a screw pivot, all of which are absent on the originals would be enough to prevent collector angst over a lime green Sprint, but that's not my call to make. As alternatives, the orange, brown, or grey used on the FFG Delicas would all work for me, as would white, the tan used on the "PX only" Natives, or that hi-viz sort of yellow-green (chartreuse?) used on some safety gear.

As for edge type PE would be my choice. Don't own any of the original SE Jesters, so I'd almost certainly pass on SE Sprint, regardless of color.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
bh49

Post by bh49 »

The Deacon wrote:Never thought I'd see myself typing this, but how about lime green with a black blade.
Never say never. :) , but I also never thought that you will suggest black blade. BTW, I start to like an idea. Black blade looks good with lime green handle. :) At least on USN knives
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

bh49 wrote:Never say never. :) , but I also never thought that you will suggest black blade. BTW, I start to like an idea. Black blade looks good with lime green handle. :) At least on USN knives
Just because it is related, is anyone else excited about the USN Forum Ladybug Hawkbill?
*Landon*
bh49

Post by bh49 »

xceptnl wrote:Just because it is related, is anyone else excited about the USN Forum Ladybug Hawkbill?
Yes. I hope that both PE and SE will be available.
I am wondering, if anybody carries more than one key-chain knife on a key-chain? :eek:

hiredgun

Post by hiredgun »

sal
Well, then we just need a lime green dragonfly then! :D

How about a white FRN jester?

I do like the suggestions too about still re-releasing a Lime green Jester but with an upgraded steel and screw construction. Problem solved!
You can't display a toad in a fine restaurant like this! Why, the good folks here would go right off the feed!
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

bh49 wrote:Yes. I hope that both PE and SE will be available.
I am wondering, if anybody carries more than one key-chain knife on a key-chain? :eek:
One only for me. Foliage, SE, Ladybug!
*Landon*
bh49

Post by bh49 »

xceptnl wrote:One only for me. Foliage, SE, Ladybug!
You do not carry your Jester???????????????????????