New Domino Blue

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
MacLaren

New Domino Blue

Post by MacLaren »

Came in the mail this a.m. from KW. Being a Taichung model like my Vallotton she came inside a heavy plastic bag which was unsealed. Im kinda wandering if this one was returned or not. But, I think I remember one member saying he's had knives that came from Taichung in both sealed and non sealed heavy plastic bags. Maybe y'all can tell me what ya think by looking at the pics. Also my first titanium knife. I was also wandering if the titanium was scratched up or just the color of it. So far, I think the knife is brand new-Im the first to have it. Hope so anyways. A $50-$100 knife I wouldn't mind but, a $192 knife I want it brand new- no return. Anyway- the knife itself is killer! I love it. Its fires right out and has a wonderful feel to it. It just seems very hard to go wrong with a Spyderco.....oh yeah- very,very sharp!
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Clip

Post by Clip »

My stonewashed Domino has heavier/lighter areas as well. Yours looks unused but if you can't tell in person I doubt I'd be able to from pictures. Congrats on a nice knife, the quality makes $192 a great deal for the knife.
Click here to zoom: Under the Microscope

Manix2, Elmax MT13, M4 Manix2, ZDP Caly Jr, SB Caly3.5, Cruwear MT12, XHP MT16, South Fork, SB Caly3, 20CP Para2, Military Left Hand, Perrin PPT, Squeak, Manix 83mm, Swick3, Lil' Temperance, VG10 Jester, Dfly2 Salt, Tasman Salt

Chris
RadioactiveSpyder

Post by RadioactiveSpyder »

Nice pickup MacLaren! Mine also came in an unsealed heavy plastic bag and I'm pretty sure mine's brand new and unused. Use it in good health! Cheers, Radioactive :)

It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Excellent! Thanx Clip&Radio- I was almost positive- now I have zero doubt. This is also my first flipper. Lol....I love it......very,very neat. Impeccably made as well.
Ferris Wheels

Post by Ferris Wheels »

Mine came with the bag open also, brand new. I am only guessing here but I believe the bags are probably sealed when they arrive from Taichung at Spyderco, then opened up at the factory for quality control inspection and placed back in the opened bag for shipment to dealers. Again, this is only my guess.
Current :spyder: : Para2's Brown, Blue & Orange, Etched Spin, CF Caly3 ZDP189, Gayle Bradley, UKPK Orange G10, Manix2 M4, Sage 1, Caly 3.5 in Super Blue, Urban Orange G10
gbelleh

Post by gbelleh »

Almost all of my Taichung knives have come in opened bags. I think only one has ever been sealed (and I have lots of Taichung knives). Enjoy your Domino!
:bug-red-white
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Thanx guys! Come to think of it, the only knife that ever came sealed was my first Spyderco- the Vallotton.
tvenuto

Post by tvenuto »

Looks like just variations in the stonewashing on the Ti side. Congrats on the knife and thanks for sharing the pics!
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

tvenuto wrote:Looks like just variations in the stonewashing on the Ti side. Congrats on the knife and thanks for sharing the pics!
Thank you my friend. Ive certainly enjoyed sharing them-being on this forum.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

I would also just like to say that anyone whom may be on the fence about the Domino - whether the original or Blue, go for it. Get one, as you will not be disappointed. This was a very pleasant surprise to say the least. I wasn't for sure how the knife would fit or how I would like the flipper.......well, its awesome. Alls I can say is Sal will certainly be leaving Spyderco in great hands with his son......
3rdGenRigger

Post by 3rdGenRigger »

The titanium side of mine looks just like yours, and mine was also in an unsealed heavy bag. Good to hear you're enjoying it!
All Glory To The Hypno-Toad

---> Branden
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

3rdGenRigger wrote:The titanium side of mine looks just like yours, and mine was also in an unsealed heavy bag. Good to hear you're enjoying it!
Cool. .....I see you have a Vallotton too. Very cool :)
And thank you, I truly am enjoying this Domino.
v8r

Post by v8r »

A blue Domino was also my first flipper as well. Got it this past weekend. Mine also has light and dark spots in the finish on the lock bar side. I think it is a beautiful finish.
Can't beat the Taichung models in my opinion. It's easy to see the people building knives in that factory have real pride in their work.
V8R

Opinions are like belly buttons most people have one:p
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

v8r wrote:A blue Domino was also my first flipper as well. Got it this past weekend. Mine also has light and dark spots in the finish on the lock bar side. I think it is a beautiful finish.
Can't beat the Taichung models in my opinion. It's easy to see the people building knives in that factory have real pride in their work.
No doubt. Taichung Spydey's are off the chain. My blade is centered perfect. At least it looks like it is. And my Vallotton is like a piece of jewelry IMO.....
senorsquare

Post by senorsquare »

Congrats on the lovely knife, it's a beauty! I have received brand new spyderco's in sealed and unsealed bags so I guess my results have been a mixed bag (har har) :D