Fun with fakers

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
cckw

Fun with fakers

Post by cckw »

Here is the childish part of me. There is a fake Spyderco on ebay with a buy it now or best offer. Lets all do best offer of $1. or even one cent. Not only to be childish but may discourage the seller from continuing this particular fraud http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... SS:US:1123
Officer Gigglez
Location: Originally out of Arizona, currently live in Missouri.

Post by Officer Gigglez »

These guys are getting good at making these fakes harder and harder to spot.
Spyderco Knives (in order of obtainment):
-Tenacious, Combo edge
-Tasman Salt, PE
-Persistence Blue, PE
-Pacific Salt, Black, PE
-Delica 4, Emerson Grey
-DiAlex Junior
-Byrd SS Crossbill, PE
-Endura 4 Emerson Grey
-Byrd Meadowlark 2 FRN, PE
-Resilience
78lilred

Post by 78lilred »

but what happens when he accepts the 1 dollar...
M390 Para2, CTS-XHP Para2, CTS-204P Para2, Gayle Bradley, Techno, Bob T Slipit, M390 Mule, Southard, Southfork, Air, Tuff, ZDP Caly 3.5.
RealKnifeUser

Post by RealKnifeUser »

Why are you buying Spyderco's off Ebay anyway? A reputable dealer solves this problem. And I'm pretty sure you'd have much better luck on the Exchange on another forum if you're looking for used ones.
"The skeptic does not mean he who doubts, but he who investigates or researches, as opposed to he who asserts and thinks that he has found."
- Miguel de Unamuno

Military Black G-10 DLC, Byrd Meadowlark 2 G-10, Lil Matriarch, Pacific Salt SE yellow, Endura 4 ffg brown, Native FRN PE, Dragonfly 2 Orange, Ulize, Sharpmaker and UF rods. Also, Cold Steel Voyager XL Clip PE, Kershaw Volt II (on loan), many fixed blades, and a KP strop block.
tvenuto

Post by tvenuto »

RealKnifeUser wrote:Why are you buying Spyderco's off Ebay anyway? A reputable dealer solves this problem. And I'm pretty sure you'd have much better luck on the Exchange on another forum if you're looking for used ones.
Not all disco'd models pop up on the exchange forums if you're looking for something particular. I def peruse ebay from time to time to see what's out there. I'm sure the OP was doing the same. I'm the first to say support our small business dealers when looking for current models.
Jeremy_A_Neel

Post by Jeremy_A_Neel »

Just offered 99 cents hahaha. I should probably report him too.
"If you have a difficult task, give it to a lazy person - they will find an easier way to do it." -Hlade's Law