S110V Manix 2 1st Impressions

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Ankerson

Post by Ankerson »

bh49 wrote:I hope that you will get significantly better fairly soon. G-d bless you.
Thanks. :)
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

Ankerson wrote:Just finished the rope cutting.... 720 Cuts on 5/8" manila.
A few HRc points appear to make a difference Jim. Good results and we all appreciate the efforts!
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*
WorkingEdge

Post by WorkingEdge »

Making it so hard to resist! Must...not...give...in!

Thanks for the effort, as usual, Jim.
TheFactor

Post by TheFactor »

Give in you won't be sorry I love mine . The only testing I've done though is stared at it and held it more times then I care to Admit . It's like staring at ocean waves breaking on the shore it's very therapeutic :D
Ankerson

Post by Ankerson »

This is after the rope. :)

Philo Beddoe

Post by Philo Beddoe »

Still waiting on that Cruwear Millie test :D
Johnnie1801

Post by Johnnie1801 »

Thx Jim for your pics. Great looking knife. How does the S110V rank alongside other production knives that you have tested in rope cutting?

get well soon

Jon
Ankerson

Post by Ankerson »

Johnnie1801 wrote:Thx Jim for your pics. Great looking knife. How does the S110V rank alongside other production knives that you have tested in rope cutting?

get well soon

Jon

Well the only thing that beats it is the K390 Mule Team.... :)
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Ankerson wrote:Well the only thing that beats it is the K390 Mule Team.... :)
K390 lightweight Manix 2!!! :eek:
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
Ankerson

Post by Ankerson »

Evil D wrote:K390 lightweight Manix 2!!! :eek:
I doubt there would be a noticeable difference in real use between them, now if it was K294 or CPM 10V at high hardness...... Maybe.....
MCM

Post by MCM »

Great job Jim! Keep up the good work!
:spyder: :eek: :spyder: :eek: :spyder: :eek: :spyder:
More S90v & CF please.......
sal

Post by sal »

Thanx much Jim.

sal
Vegas Blade

Post by Vegas Blade »

Oh my goodness, I would flip over a 10V Manix. BUT, I'd do back flip handsprings over a K390 or a 10V Millie. Oh man, I need a moment just to think on that.........ok, I'm back. The beauty of the FFG Millie and the insane slicing ability of a 4" FFG blade of a Millie. That would be pure, unadulterated Millie heaven. Heck, a S110V Millie. I could go on and on.

I just think the design of the Millie blade is slicing heaven. Give that bad Fred a super HCV steel like any of those?? My, my!!!

Back to reality, Mr. Ankerson, I know I said I bought on of these on the other Forum, but the more I look at this, and read more, I'm really getting excited. It's coming shorts weather here in Vegas. One of these clipped in my Dickies shorts should be really cool. The more I study, the happier I am that I pulled the trigger. I'm a nut for my Wicked Edge, so the S110 should be no problem at all. I'm thinking 15 DPS?? That seems about right. Thoughts?
WireEdge Roger

Post by WireEdge Roger »

That's crazy! It makes me feel really good about the one sitting in my pocket right now :D
Laethageal

Post by Laethageal »

Grats on your 2000th post Ankerson. Always great to read about your experimentation!
If it's not polished, call it a saw, not an edge!
Ankerson

Post by Ankerson »

Vegas Blade wrote:Oh my goodness, I would flip over a 10V Manix. BUT, I'd do back flip handsprings over a K390 or a 10V Millie. Oh man, I need a moment just to think on that.........ok, I'm back. The beauty of the FFG Millie and the insane slicing ability of a 4" FFG blade of a Millie. That would be pure, unadulterated Millie heaven. Heck, a S110V Millie. I could go on and on.

I just think the design of the Millie blade is slicing heaven. Give that bad Fred a super HCV steel like any of those?? My, my!!!

Back to reality, Mr. Ankerson, I know I said I bought on of these on the other Forum, but the more I look at this, and read more, I'm really getting excited. It's coming shorts weather here in Vegas. One of these clipped in my Dickies shorts should be really cool. The more I study, the happier I am that I pulled the trigger. I'm a nut for my Wicked Edge, so the S110 should be no problem at all. I'm thinking 15 DPS?? That seems about right. Thoughts?
It can handle 15 DPS easy, that what I tested it with. :)
Laethageal wrote:Grats on your 2000th post Ankerson. Always great to read about your experimentation!
Thanks. :)
elena86

Post by elena86 »

I am about to order one.Does it have adjustable pivot ? It seems from the pictures that it has.....but just to be sure.
nccole

Post by nccole »

elena86 wrote:I am about to order one.Does it have adjustable pivot ? It seems from the pictures that it has.....but just to be sure.
It does. I would recommend carrying it a few days and let it break in before you mess with it though. Almost everyone has reported it being stiff but loosening up quickly.
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Mine did loosen up but not enough for my liking. It took a very tiny amount of adjustment to dial it in.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
Josh623

Post by Josh623 »

I got 6 of these in between two customers... They all looked like they had a nice fit and finish. The only thing I did notice between them all was that 1. they didn't all center perfectly and 2. they had variable amounts of ease of opening/closing. The centering could be fixed easily if it could be taken apart (which it can't).

That being said, for the price point and quality you can't beat em! This is an insane deal. I have mine on pre-order :D bladehq seems to be taking positively forever!! i ordered it about 3 weeks ago! I plan on drilling out the rivets and replacing them with screws (hope all goes well) in addition to regrinding it like this one below. Then sharpened at 15 dps on my WEPS it should be an insane slicer!!