Looking info

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
3f8

Looking info

Post by 3f8 »

Any news about the new military 2 with stop lock. Is this lock similar to the Tatanka lock? I'm thinking the Tatanka will be a bit heavy for me. The new Milli might just be the one.
ginsuwarrior

Post by ginsuwarrior »

My 11 year old boy asks me if the Military 2 is out...EVERY month! Patience I tell him. :)
Military // PM 2 // Endura // Delica // Stretch // SE Tasman // SE Hawkbill Ladybug
Scorpion

Post by Scorpion »

Yeah umm, I wouldn't give an 11 y.o. a Military. Just saying.
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

I think I was 10 or 11 when I was given my first pocket knife.
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
dgebler

Post by dgebler »

I want one too...so I can feel like an 11 year old boy with a new knife again. :D
hawaiihunter

Post by hawaiihunter »

Had my first spyderco when I was 12
Looking for: Grey Cts-20cp Paramilitary 2
Green Cts-204p Paramilitary 2
S110v Mule

Currently own: Tenacious, Green Cts-204P Paramiitary 2
yablanowitz

Post by yablanowitz »

Spyderco wasn't making knives when I was 12. I found my first pocketknife when I was 6 or 7, and I still have it.
I don't believe in safe queens, only in pre-need replacements.
Ned

Post by Ned »

When I was 12 I had a whole box full of knives. I've had knives for as long as I can remember. I bought my son a Delica 4 in blue FRN when he turned 12; I'll probably buy him a Manix 2 this year. He's a good and responsible kid, I would trust him with a Military or a Schemp Rock or any edged tool in existence.
:spyder: C101PBL2, C54GPBN, C154PBK, MGREP, JGGYP, C75P3, C36TIP, C113GPGY, C127GPOR, C85GPBL, C11SBK, C10SBK, C11TR, C10TR, C28S (Wharncliffe mod), C11TIPD, C12GS, FB15P, C110GPBL, C85GP2, C141CFP, FB14P3Z, C123GPBL, C88PYL, KO4PBK, C105BMP

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places...Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God." Ephesians 6:12-13
Scorpion

Post by Scorpion »

I just meant that the Military is a huge knife. I would give an 11 year old a Delica at most, though probably a Manbug or dragonfly.
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

I don't recall seeing he Military 2 in Mr Blonde's photo spreads from Amsterdam and IWA. While that's no guarantee it won't be out soon, I'd say it tilts the odds heavily against it being released this year.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
ginsuwarrior

Post by ginsuwarrior »

Scorpion wrote:I just meant that the Military is a huge knife. I would give an 11 year old a Delica at most, though probably a Manbug or dragonfly.
HA! Oh he can handle a military all right. We country folk aren't scared of big knives, even in the hands of our fully capable children!! ;)

EDIT: I'm looking at him now and he has a Becker BK14 hanging from his neck, a Kershaw field knife on his belt, and an Endura clipped to his pocket!!
Military // PM 2 // Endura // Delica // Stretch // SE Tasman // SE Hawkbill Ladybug
3rdGenRigger

Post by 3rdGenRigger »

I had my first pocket knife when I was 6 or 7 (I grew up on an acreage). It was a smaller Swiss Army knife of some sort, but I don't remember it very well because my Grandmother (On my mom's side) took it away from me because she thought I was too young...even though my Mom and Dad had bought it expressly for the purpose of giving it to me. I got mad and told them and they bought me another slightly larger one and I made sure my Grandmother didn't find it...for about 2 years, and she then confiscated THAT one from me. I then got yet ANOTHER Swiss Army knife (And again a slightly larger one), which I still have to this day, though I never did see the first two again. At about 10 I bought a few smallish knives, traditional style lockbacks with the lock right at the butt of the handle, and a nail nick opener. They all dulled fast (Like the Swiss army knives), and I would stop using them but they only ever cost about $10 each so it wasnèt a big deal. The first brand name knife (Not Swiss Army multi tool) that I bought was a Gerber that I still have, but it doesn't even have a nail nick to open and was a little tedious to use, but better than the no name brands I'd bought before. It all changed a little over a decade ago when I bought a FRN Native, and I've never look back from Spyderco. As long as the kid is responsible and intelligent, there's no reason not to let them have a pocket knife...but it all depends on the individual kid. And the parents making sure that the kid knows when it's appropriate to have and use a knife.

Edit: Forgot to mention I'm also super stoked for the improved version of the Military when it does come out. The biggest complaint I have with the current Military is that you're forced to carry it tip down (Pretty decent compliment to a knife if that's my biggest gripe with the design).
All Glory To The Hypno-Toad

---> Branden