super blue dragonfly

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Donut

Post by Donut »

I haven't seen my shipping notice from bladehq yet.
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
Waiting on a Squeak and Pingo with a Split Spring!
jackknifeh

Post by jackknifeh »

WireEdge Roger wrote:That's the SB Ladybug

Ok. FFG through me off. Just looked at the catalog on-line.
Donut

Post by Donut »

Update, I got my shipping notice. Maybe I'll see it on Monday.
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
Waiting on a Squeak and Pingo with a Split Spring!
RadioactiveSpyder

Post by RadioactiveSpyder »

8 up at NGK, go get 'em!!

Thanks Annie and the NGK crew!
It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

That didn't last long
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*
WireEdge Roger

Post by WireEdge Roger »

Hopefully the preorder at KW comes through pretty quick. I don't need another D'Fly, but I want one :D
RadioactiveSpyder

Post by RadioactiveSpyder »

xceptnl wrote:That didn't last long
Hi xceptnl, what do you mean? I still see all 8 available:

http://newgraham.com/Dragonfly-2-Gray-S ... C28FPGYE2/
It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King
setldown

Post by setldown »

Thanks. I just snagged one.
Focus is just distraction from distraction, so I take my moderation in moderation.
opusxpn

Post by opusxpn »

Just got one myself
Keep'em sharp :spyder: 9 Enduras, 4 Manix, Manix XL DLC, 3 Delicas, 5 Ladybug, 2 Manbug, 4 Dragonfly, Pingo, Cat, 3 Salt1, Pacific salt, Tasman, 3 stretch, 2 Tenacious, Resiliance, Robyn2 G10, 2byrd hawkbill, 4Para2, 2Military, native5 frn, Bradley folder, SpyDK, Kiwi, MT19, salt saver, Street bowie, Roadie,Squeak, 5 UKPK, k05 SE, k04 SE & PE
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

RadioactiveSpyder wrote:Hi xceptnl, what do you mean? I still see all 8 available:

http://newgraham.com/Dragonfly-2-Gray-S ... C28FPGYE2/
For some reason earlier today is was saying 0 in stock. Thanks for the link.
*Landon*
mehhhhhhhh

Post by mehhhhhhhh »

Anybody else planning a g-10 superblue frankenspydie blade swap? I've never taken a dragonfly apart, but can't imagine to much trouble.
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

mehhhhhhhh wrote:Anybody else planning a g-10 superblue frankenspydie blade swap? I've never taken a dragonfly apart, but can't imagine to much trouble.
I have thought about it, still on the fence.
*Landon*
JerryIsAlive

Post by JerryIsAlive »

Ordered one through KW. It's listed as pre-order so I hope I made the cut
Spydersense

Post by Spydersense »

Mine is supposed to be in stock at Howe's tomorrow. I hope they ship it quickly! :)
Time for another :spyder:!

-Matt
jackknifeh

Post by jackknifeh »

mehhhhhhhh wrote:Anybody else planning a g-10 superblue frankenspydie blade swap? I've never taken a dragonfly apart, but can't imagine to much trouble.
xceptnl wrote:I have thought about it, still on the fence.
It's not much trouble. Takes a bit of getting used to though. For disassembly just take the screws out and remove parts. To reassemble put the lock spring into the slot. Then put the lockbar in and the pin through it and install screw. Then insert the pivot pin in one side of the handle and have a book or something in front of you to shove the pin through in a sec. While pushing down on the lock bar enough to insert the blade, line the pivot pin up with the hole in the blade tang and push the pin down on the book forcing it up through the tang and other side of the handle. I went through that for anyone who hasn't swapped blades in the one piece FRN handles before. Not hard but after fighting with it a bit, I feel this is the easiest way. BTW, I'm probably going to put my SB blade in an ironwood handle I made and am using now with the VG-10 blade. Putting the blade in my handle is harder because I needed to use washers. So I have to get the pivot pin through one washer, then the blade, then the other washer then that side of the handle. That's really tricky but I've gotten pretty good at that as well. If Ihad the G-10 D'fly I would consider doing this. I did it with my ZDP blade and G-10 handle Manbugs. I plan on doing it again on the manbugs. also so I'll have a blue steel blade in my G-10 handle (which is now my "red bone" handle). :)

Jack
jackknifeh

Post by jackknifeh »

I emailed KC over the weekend and as of a little while ago they don't have any word from Spyderco. Other's are getting shipping notices and other sites seem to have them now. Wonder what's up? Maybe tomorrow.

Jack
Spydersense

Post by Spydersense »

I got my tracking number this morning from Jim Howe. Won't be long now! :D
Time for another :spyder:!

-Matt
jackknifeh

Post by jackknifeh »

Spydersense wrote:I got my tracking number this morning from Jim Howe. Won't be long now! :D
That's great. They are in the world. Hope to hear from knife center any time.
JerryIsAlive

Post by JerryIsAlive »

I spoke with KW yesterday and they said they have no time frame and just because I have a preorder, I am not guaranteed one. Not the greatest news ever lol. Hope i find out soon so I can hunt one down if I'm not getting one thru KW
jackknifeh

Post by jackknifeh »

JerryIsAlive wrote:I spoke with KW yesterday and they said they have no time frame and just because I have a preorder, I am not guaranteed one. Not the greatest news ever lol. Hope i find out soon so I can hunt one down if I'm not getting one thru KW
I'm in the same boat with knife center. They have had the SB D'fly up for pre-order for 4 months and that is how long I've had mine in my cart. Now it is listed as no longer available. Still no word though. I am planning on buying the pre-ordered knife from them even though it is a few dollars more. But if I don't hear from them in the next couple days I'm going to buy the next one I see. I really don't want to miss out on this knife. I don't expect the entire run to sell out in a few days but you never know. I got the Stretch a month or two after it was released so maybe the D'fly and Manbug will be around long enough to get both. I actually owe my son a SB Manbug but that's another story. So my fingers are crossed counting on KC but my eyes are open for other sites as well.

Jack