super blue dragonfly

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
3rdGenRigger

Post by 3rdGenRigger »

I was tempted to do similar with my Nishijin Dragonfly, but I sold it before the SB Dragonfly came out. It never got carried as much as my Chaparral 1 because I preferred the ergos, though I've recently sold that too in lieu of my Techno booting the Chaparral out of my pocket most times. G-10 with SB looks to be pure win as a combination.
All Glory To The Hypno-Toad

---> Branden
jackknifeh

Post by jackknifeh »

devine1 wrote:Dragonfly SuperBlue/G10 blade swap...
Imagehttps://flic.kr/p/nqDexb by cal4pal, on FlickrImageUntitled by cal4pal, on Flickr
Good job. Did you have to keep the blades and lockbars paired together? I'm going to do something similar probably and was wondering. I made a D'fly handle and am thinking I may put the SB blade in it.

Jack
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

devine1 wrote:Dragonfly SuperBlue/G10 blade swap...
Alright, that's it. I am ordering one now and a spare G-10 for the donor. Sometimes peer pressure sucks. Thanks devine1
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*
RadioactiveSpyder

Post by RadioactiveSpyder »

Nice work Jack, glad to see you got it in finally! What kind of scales are you going to put on that one? :)
It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King
devine1

Post by devine1 »

I left the original lockbars in place but now I'm wondering if I should go back and swap them as well. It was relatively easy to swap the blades.
devine1

Post by devine1 »

xceptnl wrote:Alright, that's it. I am ordering one now and a spare G-10 for the donor. Sometimes peer pressure sucks. Thanks devine1
You should get one. I've been wanting one for ~9months. I got mine cheap, however I was unaware that I would be getting a collector version. Any way to remove the collector #?
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

devine1 wrote:Any way to remove the collector #?
Sure. 220 or 325 grit sandpaper. Benchstones will also work.
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*
adancingmonkey

Post by adancingmonkey »

I managed to snag one from Warriors and Wonders, I was hoping to grab one from them because I wanted to buy canadian. It was hard resisting the urge to go south for the blade.
Current favorite: Manix 2 with carbon fiber scales and cru-ware.
jackknifeh

Post by jackknifeh »

RadioactiveSpyder wrote:Nice work Jack, glad to see you got it in finally! What kind of scales are you going to put on that one? :)
devine1 wrote:I left the original lockbars in place but now I'm wondering if I should go back and swap them as well. It was relatively easy to swap the blades.
I made this hadle a few months ago and have been carrying it with the VG-10 blade. I think the handle needs SB. :)

AZ ironwood

Ivory backspacer

Swapping the lockbar as well as the blade is only needed when a different lockbar doesn't fit just right into the notch in the blade tang. If it looks good, nice and even with the top of the handle, and the lockup is good there isn't any need to swap the lockbars I don't think. I swapped the ZDP and VG-10 blades in my Manbugs and the lockbar on the G-10 handle with the ZDP blade didn't line up flush with the top of the handle. So I put the lockbar that was originally on the ZDP manbug on the G-10 handle and it was perfect. That along with a good lockup is all that is effected that I know of.

Jack
JerryIsAlive

Post by JerryIsAlive »

Still patiently waiting word on my preorder from KW. Not like these are in stock really anywhere so waiting I will have to do lol
jackknifeh

Post by jackknifeh »

I decided to call the places that had them already and ran out. The girl on the first site I called said "wait a sec.". She came back and said "I have one". I said "I want that one". She shipped it that day (yesterday). So, a phone call may get lucky. I emailed and cancelled my pre-order at KC.

Jack
Spydersense

Post by Spydersense »

It's here!

:D
Time for another :spyder:!

-Matt
TSchloz

Post by TSchloz »

Showing in stock at National Knives.

Tom
jackknifeh

Post by jackknifeh »

Spydersense wrote:It's here!

:D
There is only one most beautiful knife in the world. It's the one you just got. :)

Or is it the one that's in the mail? I never can decide. :)

Jack
M80

Post by M80 »

And W&W is sold out :eek:
adancingmonkey

Post by adancingmonkey »

M80 wrote:And W&W is sold out :eek:
They only had a shipment of 10. I snagged on a few moments after it was uploaded on their website and when my order was finalized they only had 6 left. The following morning I think they wee wall gone. I don't think they lasted more than 24 hours.
Current favorite: Manix 2 with carbon fiber scales and cru-ware.
opusxpn

Post by opusxpn »

National knives still has some dragonfly2, endura in super blue, they also have the black/satin g10 Para2
Keep'em sharp :spyder: 9 Enduras, 4 Manix, Manix XL DLC, 3 Delicas, 5 Ladybug, 2 Manbug, 4 Dragonfly, Pingo, Cat, 3 Salt1, Pacific salt, Tasman, 3 stretch, 2 Tenacious, Resiliance, Robyn2 G10, 2byrd hawkbill, 4Para2, 2Military, native5 frn, Bradley folder, SpyDK, Kiwi, MT19, salt saver, Street bowie, Roadie,Squeak, 5 UKPK, k05 SE, k04 SE & PE
TheFactor

Post by TheFactor »

opusxpn wrote:National knives still has some dragonfly2, endura in super blue, they also have the black/satin g10 Para2
Thanks for the heads up ! I just ordered a Super Blue Endura sprint run :D
I just got my Endura 4 VG-10 today and liked it so much I couldn't help getting one in Super Blue .
bpahk

Post by bpahk »

im amazed at how difficult its been to find the dfly sb since its release. i got one of the last in stock from omaha last week but ever since then ive been looking at retailers sites religiously trying to find another to gift my bro, until it popped up last night at national. only other places ive seen are oso grande and ebay, both selling pretty close to msrp.
Paul10

Post by Paul10 »

Seems like BentoBox has some. A little higher price than others tho.
http://www.bentoboxshop.com