Best place to purchase the Gayle Bradley folder?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Paddy B

Best place to purchase the Gayle Bradley folder?

Post by Paddy B »

I'm ready to pull the trigger on my first non stainless knife. Gayle Bradley it is. I'm looking for suggestions as to the best place to purchase from. Amazon? Or other online sellers? Your help is greatly appreciated!
Paddy B

Post by Paddy B »

That's where I've been leaning. 144 bucks. Just worry about getting someone else's returned knife.
Paddy B

Post by Paddy B »

I just ordered from amazon. 156 after tax. Fair price. Swiggert, how can you tell if it's been opened? Every spyderco I've ever bought is in a unsealed box with the knife in bubble wrap.
Spydersense

Post by Spydersense »

Congrats on the purchase. The GB is definitely on my "to buy" list. I would have gotten one already if it weren't for the limited edition stuff that has popped up lately. :)
Time for another :spyder:!

-Matt
Holland

Post by Holland »

Congrats on the purchase! amazing knife, you wont be disappointed
-Spencer

Rotation:
Gayle Bradley 2 | Mantra 1 | Watu | Chaparral 1 | Dragonfly 2 Salt SE
Paddy B

Post by Paddy B »

I've been hemming and hawing over the GB or going a different route and getting a ZT 0801. I've wanted the bradley for so long, I knew I had to get it first. I'm sure within a couple months I'll end up with the ZT also. It's the only model they make I like.
Holland

Post by Holland »

Good choice getting the GB first. The 0801 looks like an awesome knife, but the GB offers a better steel and overall more refined model. You'll love the bank vault feel it gives. The only knives ive had that felt so tight and smooth were the GB, techno, and umnumzaan, with the GB feeling the best
-Spencer

Rotation:
Gayle Bradley 2 | Mantra 1 | Watu | Chaparral 1 | Dragonfly 2 Salt SE
Paddy B

Post by Paddy B »

That's great to hear! A ford truck in a Ferrari chassis! Tough and elegant at the same time! Can't WAIT till it's in my grubby little hands!
Deal4

Post by Deal4 »

Paddy B wrote:I've been hemming and hawing over the GB or going a different route and getting a ZT 0801. I've wanted the bradley for so long, I knew I had to get it first. I'm sure within a couple months I'll end up with the ZT also. It's the only model they make I like.
Hey Paddy, just out of curiosity, which ZT do you actually like? No offense in any way shape or form, but they always seemed like sharpened pry bars to me instead of a specialized cutting tool like Spyderco. At the same time I have wanted to like ZT!
FCM415

Post by FCM415 »

I have owned a total of three GB's and I got them all from the BF exchange for $105 or less. LNIB condition, all were perfect save for a little patina. If you are patient, the secondary market is an excellent option for the GB....They usually average around $115, but you can get lucky like me!

As far as dealers go, shop around... CS, KW, and National are good places to start.
A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory.
-Leonard Nimoy
Paddy B

Post by Paddy B »

No offense taken. I have a few other brands of knives, and try to find others to my liking to broaden my little collection. I don't have a ZT, never really interested in any till a friend of mine got the 0801 Rexford. It's about as "classy" as you can get in a ZT, in my opinion. Won't out slice most spydercos, but the blade is thinner and more conventially shaped than the fat recurves that are typical of ZT. Its the only model of that brand I like.
MachSchnell

Post by MachSchnell »

[deleted]
Last edited by MachSchnell on Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
senorsquare

Post by senorsquare »

The 801 is the only ZT that I found appealing enough to own and it's a great knife but the GB is far and away a better cutting tool. Excellent choice.
Paddy B

Post by Paddy B »

Can't wait till Tuesday!