New guy introduction

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
kenspen

New guy introduction

Post by kenspen »

Hello everyone. After about a year of lurking and being a registered member since January, I thought it was time to introduce myself and share my story. I've collected knives for about as long as I can remember - mostly traditional slippies. I've accumulated about 60 or so Case knives, another dozen SAKs, various and sorted others and a hand full of Kershaws. Last year, we relocated for employment and in the process of packing up my knife chest, I found a 1st generation Spyderco Delica in it's original box. I don't remember buying it or trading for it but there it was. I took it out and thought, "Man, that is the ugliest knife I've ever seen." So I stuck it in my pocket and used it for the next couple of days for packing duties since I didn't care if I destroyed. Well, you guys know the rest of the story. To use a Spyderco is to fall in love with a Spyderco. That knife handled everything I threw at and molded itself to my hand. Well next thing I knew, I was cruising this forum and beginning to lust for more. I have learned so much from all of you but shame on all of you... you are enablers! :) To date, I've acquired a Delica 4 FFG, Caly 3 CFP, Caly 3.5 CFP, DF2 Salt and I just ordered a DF2 ZDP-189. Next on the list, Chaparral CFP. Ahhh....such a magnificent obsession!
Ken
aquaman67

Post by aquaman67 »

Hello,

I think you'll love the Chaparral. I have one in my pocket right now. I looked through my knives and that's the one I picked today.
RadioactiveSpyder

Post by RadioactiveSpyder »

Ahhh, another well-bitten victim! Welcome to the forum! Hold on to your wallet if you keep hanging out here, these people are awful in terms of being Spyderco enablers! Cheers, Radioactive
It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King
All-R-Crazy

Post by All-R-Crazy »

Welcome to the forum, if u don't want to be enabled turn around and walk away
All of my spydies I have except for my delica 4 blue I've gotten within the past three months but I love them all :D so I know how u feel I think we, on this forum, all have the "bite" and I don't mind that much
:spyder: delica ffg,endura ffg,pm2 black/black,delica sb,caly3.5 g10,caly3 sb,S90V military:spyder:
JAfromMN wrote:My favorite Spyderco is the one that I used the most Today
jmh58

Post by jmh58 »

Welcome!! Hang out and post often!! Great people and info to be found here!! John
Not all who wander are lost!!!

Of all the paths you take in life...
Make sure some of them are Dirt!!! ;)
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Welcome. I just joined yesterday and my first Spydey is a Vallotton. I'm in trouble.....
sal

Post by sal »

Hi Ken,

Welcome to our forum. Thanx much for the interest and support.

sal
Blerv

Post by Blerv »

Welcome to the forums =)!
Spydersense

Post by Spydersense »

Welcome!
Time for another :spyder:!

-Matt
SolidState

Post by SolidState »

Welcome aboard. There's a lot of good info on here.
"Nothing is so fatal to the progress of the human mind as to suppose that our views of science are ultimate; that there are no mysteries in nature; that our triumphs are complete, and that there are no new worlds to conquer."
Sir Humphry Davy
Holland

Post by Holland »

Welcome to the forums! Great choice on the chaparral being your next purchase, it is my favourite knife. I would I highly recommend looking at more Taiwan models, the f&f stands out more I find
-Spencer

Rotation:
Gayle Bradley 2 | Mantra 1 | Watu | Chaparral 1 | Dragonfly 2 Salt SE
Laethageal

Post by Laethageal »

Welcome to the forum Kenspen! Chaparral is to be one my next move unless Sal make a K390 folder sprint. In the mean time, if you can afford it, a ladybug either in superblue or zdp-189 would be a great asset to your kit. You'll grow loving it pretty quickly!
If it's not polished, call it a saw, not an edge!
ChapmanPreferred

Post by ChapmanPreferred »

Welcome to the forum!
SFO Alumni/Authorized Spyderco Dealer (Startup)
Work EDC List
FRP: Nisjin Cricket PE, Manbug PE, Dragonfly PE
FLP: SS Cricket SE, byrd Flatbyrd CE
BRP: CF Military S90V
BLP: Forum S110V Native
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]