Strange kind of buyer's remorse

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
DRKBC

Post by DRKBC »

For the last few months, for what ever reason, I have felt satisfied with my collection. I don't own a lot of knives compared to many of you, but nothing that I have seen lately really makes me feel that it will fill a gap that exists. If I am honest with myself ... there really is no gap. I have a lot of great knives and I carry one every day often a different one andI really do enjoy having a few to choose from but like many of you, I to have knives that don't see the light of day for months at a time. This leads me to conclude that I should just enjoy what I have and not be to concerned about what I don't. Maybe it's just a phase :)
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

I was feeling pretty content until this Manix dropped. My only for sure buys this year were the s90v Yojimbo 2 and the Kiwi 4. I typically keep new purchases limited to new models so there's at least variety, but when old favorites get new steel it's hard to not end up with duplicates.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
Clip

Post by Clip »

I'd rather have buyer's remorse than seller's remorse. Just sayin'.
Click here to zoom: Under the Microscope

Manix2, Elmax MT13, M4 Manix2, ZDP Caly Jr, SB Caly3.5, Cruwear MT12, XHP MT16, South Fork, SB Caly3, 20CP Para2, Military Left Hand, Perrin PPT, Squeak, Manix 83mm, Swick3, Lil' Temperance, VG10 Jester, Dfly2 Salt, Tasman Salt

Chris
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Yeah remorse is a harsh word to use and probably not really fitting. It's the struggle man...you don't know the struggle...lol
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
Brock O Lee

Post by Brock O Lee »

I'm fortunate that my collection is now complete enough, with enough variety that I feel I have all my basis covered, so its really difficult to justify anything new. The only remorse I have is that I could have, but chose not to buy a M4 Manix while they were still available! :)

I enjoy all my Spydies, but only carry one at a time, depending on my mood on the day. Its rare that I carry the same one 2 days in a row. So all of them see some action every month at least.
Hans

Favourite Spydies: Military, PM2, Shaman, UKPK
Others: Victorinox Pioneer, CRK L Sebenza 31, CRK L Inkosi
Clip

Post by Clip »

Evil D wrote:Yeah remorse is a harsh word to use and probably not really fitting. It's the struggle man...you don't know the struggle...lol
Hah the struggle and I are old pals too. My poor Lil Temp has seen zero pocket time due to the rest of my lineup. Usually when I'm on travel (sometimes for months) three or four knives show up at the house and get tucked away ready to use, but when I get home Ill grab the trusty old (fill in the blank) and that's how I still have two brand new Cruwear Militaries among other things.
Click here to zoom: Under the Microscope

Manix2, Elmax MT13, M4 Manix2, ZDP Caly Jr, SB Caly3.5, Cruwear MT12, XHP MT16, South Fork, SB Caly3, 20CP Para2, Military Left Hand, Perrin PPT, Squeak, Manix 83mm, Swick3, Lil' Temperance, VG10 Jester, Dfly2 Salt, Tasman Salt

Chris
ChapmanPreferred

Post by ChapmanPreferred »

I normally find a model/version that I really like and then lament that I didn't get three or four when they were in stock and available.
SFO Alumni/Authorized Spyderco Dealer (Startup)
Work EDC List
FRP: Nisjin Cricket PE, Manbug PE, Dragonfly PE
FLP: SS Cricket SE, byrd Flatbyrd CE
BRP: CF Military S90V
BLP: Forum S110V Native
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
All-R-Crazy

Post by All-R-Crazy »

Every day I try to carry two different knives one for details like any knive I have in super blue or is sub three inches and a bigger blade with a high carbide steel for my rougher tasks. So now I generally have to choose between my mili and my para as my bigger blade( really hard choice for me) and then try to find room for all the rest of my knives as the other rotational knife (seem to be dominated by my sb delica or my sbcaly3 I just love them both and once the sb dragonfly comes it'll get worse)
:spyder: delica ffg,endura ffg,pm2 black/black,delica sb,caly3.5 g10,caly3 sb,S90V military:spyder:
JAfromMN wrote:My favorite Spyderco is the one that I used the most Today
senorsquare

Post by senorsquare »

Surfingringo wrote:I can completely relate. I try not to even own more than five or six at a time. I feel like I just don't have enough love to spread around. :D That sounds ridiculous but it's kind of how I feel. So when one isn't in the top half dozen I feel better if I just sell it off rather than stick it in a drawer. And yeah, I can relate to worrying about a new one making old favorites obsolete before I've even gotten the new one. :rolleyes: But I'm slightly insane so I don't know if my understanding should make you feel any better. :eek:
I've felt this way for a long time, where anytime I had more than five or six folders then I would start selling some off because it just felt weird to have knives that never got carried. If it wasn't getting used then it got sold. I have nine right now with the S110V Manix being the 10th on the way. I'm in a strange spot now because I still have the same old urge to sell some knives off but there is not a single one I want to let go. I'm eyeballing my knife drawer these days wondering which ones will stay or go while also trying to decide if I want to just keep them all. Definitely a first world problem and one that I'm very fortunate to have.

Right now the southard is the perfect EDC for me and I carry it just about every single day, but on paper the S110V Manix checks off a lot of boxes for me. It will be interesting to me to see who will win the battle royale for pocket time between these two knives.
bornagainprimative

Post by bornagainprimative »

Hard use work knife, food knife and small detail knife. Of which I only have two.
Own: C81GPBN2 x 2
Wanted: FB30GP, FB37GGRP, C180GP, C10FPBN x 2, C11FPBN & FB35PBK and a C204MF most of all!