Fluted Ti Militaries are available!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
CarbonFiberNut

Fluted Ti Militaries are available!

Post by CarbonFiberNut »

I just found out that Cutlery Shoppe has some of the fluted titanium millies in stock, and I'm guessing some other dealers will get them too. They are limiting purchases to one per customer so I'm guessing stock is pretty limited.

If it was fluted CARBON FIBER (hint hint), I would be jumping at this one!
◊ Manix 2 XL ◊ Manix 2 lightweight blue ◊ Caly 3 carbon fiber ◊ Caly 3 damascus / CF ◊ Lum Chinese Nishijin ◊ Sage 1 ◊ Superleaf
◊ Dragonfly FRN serrated ◊ Endura Gen 1 ◊ Rescue Gen 1 ◊ Endura 4 FFG ◊ Delica 4 half serrated ◊ Mule Team ◊ Spin ◊ Bushcraft UK
◊ S110V Forum Native 5 ◊ Black Nishijin Cricket

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Top 5 most wanted: Domino, Dice, CF Para-2, CF Cricket. Seeing a theme here?
Holland

Post by Holland »

Thanks for the heads up! wish i had the cash
-Spencer

Rotation:
Gayle Bradley 2 | Mantra 1 | Watu | Chaparral 1 | Dragonfly 2 Salt SE
LampRanch

Post by LampRanch »

Thank you!!! Been looking for this one at a fair price for over a year. Can't wait first millie
rodloos

Post by rodloos »

I saw that when CS posted on their FB page, and actually went to the link while they were still available, but decided I really don't need to buy a 4th one at this time :) . It's just a gut reaction to reach for the wallet when I see one available, I was searching for them for so long. I have one "blue anodized", a plain silver, and a "backup" plain one now.

I'm glad to see that Spyderco is getting more of these produced now, even if it is at a slow pace. I also have 3 fluted Ti Native 5's, which are becoming more available now.

I too am looking forward to seeing some of that fabled fluted CF.
Which Knife, A or B? get Both! (and C, D and E) :)
CarbonFiberNut

Post by CarbonFiberNut »

They sure sold out fast, better luck next time!
◊ Manix 2 XL ◊ Manix 2 lightweight blue ◊ Caly 3 carbon fiber ◊ Caly 3 damascus / CF ◊ Lum Chinese Nishijin ◊ Sage 1 ◊ Superleaf
◊ Dragonfly FRN serrated ◊ Endura Gen 1 ◊ Rescue Gen 1 ◊ Endura 4 FFG ◊ Delica 4 half serrated ◊ Mule Team ◊ Spin ◊ Bushcraft UK
◊ S110V Forum Native 5 ◊ Black Nishijin Cricket

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Top 5 most wanted: Domino, Dice, CF Para-2, CF Cricket. Seeing a theme here?
RadioactiveSpyder

Post by RadioactiveSpyder »

rodloos wrote:I saw that when CS posted on their FB page, and actually went to the link while they were still available, but decided I really don't need to buy a 4th one at this time :) . It's just a gut reaction to reach for the wallet when I see one available, I was searching for them for so long. I have one "blue anodized", a plain silver, and a "backup" plain one now.

I'm glad to see that Spyderco is getting more of these produced now, even if it is at a slow pace. I also have 3 fluted Ti Native 5's, which are becoming more available now.

I too am looking forward to seeing some of that fabled fluted CF.
Wow! That's so much fluting, it's an entire wind section! ;)
It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King
Surfingringo

Post by Surfingringo »

Fwiw, I have spent a good deal of time handling the fluted version, and I prefer the regular ti model that I own. Many prefer the fluted and I'm not trying to contend that either one is better than the other, but for anyone that wants a titanium military, don't just assume that the fluted version must be "better" because it's more expensive. You might find that you prefer the regular version like me. I love how solid the ti Millie feels...especially for such a slim knife!
senorsquare

Post by senorsquare »

I don't think I've ever had a framelock knife lock up with the same authoritative THWACK!! as the Ti Military. It's impressive.
Clip

Post by Clip »

The Techno makes a **** of a noise too.

I agree with the Surfer. On the two blue fluted Tis I owned, the thin width at the edge of the handle bothered me so on the market they went.
Click here to zoom: Under the Microscope

Manix2, Elmax MT13, M4 Manix2, ZDP Caly Jr, SB Caly3.5, Cruwear MT12, XHP MT16, South Fork, SB Caly3, 20CP Para2, Military Left Hand, Perrin PPT, Squeak, Manix 83mm, Swick3, Lil' Temperance, VG10 Jester, Dfly2 Salt, Tasman Salt

Chris
JNewell

Post by JNewell »

Surfingringo wrote:Fwiw, I have spent a good deal of time handling the fluted version, and I prefer the regular ti model that I own. Many prefer the fluted and I'm not trying to contend that either one is better than the other, but for anyone that wants a titanium military, don't just assume that the fluted version must be "better" because it's more expensive. You might find that you prefer the regular version like me. I love how solid the ti Millie feels...especially for such a slim knife!
The thing that has always intrigued me about the fluted version is how much lighter it is that the standard full-slab model.
RadioactiveSpyder

The new gray fluted ones have slightly thicker scales than the older blue ones and weigh just a titch more too. I don't know if if shows up very well in this pic, but it's very noticeable in hand. The new fluted ones feel more "solid" like the standard Ti Millies.

It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King
Coulro

Post by Coulro »

RadioactiveSpyder wrote:The new gray fluted ones have slightly thicker scales than the older blue ones and weigh just a titch more too. I don't know if if shows up very well in this pic, but it's very noticeable in hand. The new fluted ones feel more "solid" like the standard Ti Millies.
Just when I had convinced myself I didn't need one! Thanks a lot :p
RadioactiveSpyder

Coulro wrote:Just when I had convinced myself I didn't need one! Thanks a lot :p
That's what I am here for! Here's a few others of the same trio to get you salivating!

Coulro

Post by Coulro »

Mmmmm Militarys!

I was so proud of myself for getting down to only six! (S90v, M4, Ats-55 SE and 3 X M390)

But I don't have any in Ti right now... That might soon chance thanks to Mr. RadioactiveSpyder the perpetual enabler!
gbelleh

Post by gbelleh »

I enjoy the curvature of the fluted scales very much! Even more on the fluted Ti Native 5.

:bug-red-white
MCM

Post by MCM »

Am in the same boat... Held off, but now that they are around at a good price its hard not to jump...

Coulro wrote:Just when I had convinced myself I didn't need one! Thanks a lot :p
:spyder: :eek: :spyder: :eek: :spyder: :eek: :spyder:
More S90v & CF please.......