Endura? Jandura? Ripoff? Regrind!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Liquid Cobra

Endura? Jandura? Ripoff? Regrind!

Post by Liquid Cobra »

So I went to town on my Endura with some sandpaper in an attempt to recreate the Jandura look. I'm pretty happy with the results. It took a while to remove all that metal by hand so I took short breaks. I'd still say it needs to be cleaned up a bit but I'm happy overall. It's taken my old Endura which I honestly don't have much interest in and breathed new life into it. My Endura/Delica just can't compete for pocket time up against the rest of my lineup.

Easy fun mod if you're bored. That said, I'd still prefer to get my hands on one of the Kahr Delicas when they become available.

Queue the crappy cell phone pics!

[
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
SolidState

Post by SolidState »

Nice work! Good work maintaining the flat. That's pretty hard to do by hand.
"Nothing is so fatal to the progress of the human mind as to suppose that our views of science are ultimate; that there are no mysteries in nature; that our triumphs are complete, and that there are no new worlds to conquer."
Sir Humphry Davy
DedRok

Post by DedRok »

How does the spine look?

I love the blade shape!
Spyderco please make a wire clip version of the Manbug/Ladybug!
Clip

Post by Clip »

That looks nice! Post a pic when closed please.
Click here to zoom: Under the Microscope

Manix2, Elmax MT13, M4 Manix2, ZDP Caly Jr, SB Caly3.5, Cruwear MT12, XHP MT16, South Fork, SB Caly3, 20CP Para2, Military Left Hand, Perrin PPT, Squeak, Manix 83mm, Swick3, Lil' Temperance, VG10 Jester, Dfly2 Salt, Tasman Salt

Chris
bornagainprimative

Post by bornagainprimative »

That's sick!
Own: C81GPBN2 x 2
Wanted: FB30GP, FB37GGRP, C180GP, C10FPBN x 2, C11FPBN & FB35PBK and a C204MF most of all!
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

Double post
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390

@liquid_cobra
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

Very tricky to photograph the spine with a cell phone camera. But I think you were wondering how rough it looks. It doesn't look tough at all, I work my way up the grits to get the finish I want.

@liquid_cobra
Ned

Post by Ned »

That is really cool! Nice mod!
:spyder: C101PBL2, C54GPBN, C154PBK, MGREP, JGGYP, C75P3, C36TIP, C113GPGY, C127GPOR, C85GPBL, C11SBK, C10SBK, C11TR, C10TR, C28S (Wharncliffe mod), C11TIPD, C12GS, FB15P, C110GPBL, C85GP2, C141CFP, FB14P3Z, C123GPBL, C88PYL, KO4PBK, C105BMP

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places...Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God." Ephesians 6:12-13
Officer Gigglez
Location: Originally out of Arizona, currently live in Missouri.

Post by Officer Gigglez »

SolidState wrote:Nice work! Good work maintaining the flat. That's pretty hard to do by hand.
Indeed. I have a **** of a time doing that when I'm sanding bolsters and guards. Takes me a long time to get them to satisfactory.
Spyderco Knives (in order of obtainment):
-Tenacious, Combo edge
-Tasman Salt, PE
-Persistence Blue, PE
-Pacific Salt, Black, PE
-Delica 4, Emerson Grey
-DiAlex Junior
-Byrd SS Crossbill, PE
-Endura 4 Emerson Grey
-Byrd Meadowlark 2 FRN, PE
-Resilience
ZL1