How to deploy a knife using a shotgun

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Splice

How to deploy a knife using a shotgun

Post by Splice »

I was out shooting and was setting up my camera for another run. My shotgun was slung in single point configuration and was resting alongside my pocket. The sidesaddle grabbed my lanyard by the monkey's fist and off went my para 2! Such a weird occurance

twinboysdad

Post by twinboysdad »

guess you will have to buy one for yourself now that the chopper has claimed that one!
timlara

Post by timlara »

I've had a similar problem with my Waved Endura a few times when a backpack strap or something like that snagged the clip and deployed it from my RFP! Of course, the issue with that happening in the case of the Waved Endura is the knife is *literally* "deployed" when it happens! :eek:
mule skinner

Post by mule skinner »

I think I see your problem
Noah

Post by Noah »

A backpack strap caught my Endura's clip it flung it our of my pocket just this Saturday haha.
dgebler

Post by dgebler »

Only knife I have experienced this is with my Southard catching the end of the clip which is bent outwards. It actually happened one night when I was taking out the trash it caught the bag as I hoisted it up and over and luckily I heard something and checked or I could have lost that one to the trash man!
JNewell

Post by JNewell »

timlara wrote:I've had a similar problem with my Waved Endura a few times when a backpack strap or something like that snagged the clip and deployed it from my RFP! Of course, the issue with that happening in the case of the Waved Endura is the knife is *literally* "deployed" when it happens! :eek:
I had several unintended, unexpected accidental deployments with an Emerson CQC-7. :eek: is exactly right. :o
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

This is sort of why I don't use lanyards or fobs on my knifes. I don't need anything hanging off my knife that could cause it to be snatched out of my pocket and potentially lost.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
les_garten

Post by les_garten »

Mossberg 590A1 comes equipped to handle knives being it's Military issue.

Total Zombie killer.

nielsenj

Re: How to deploy a knife using a shotgun

Post by nielsenj »

I love that picture of Mossberg 590A1 you have post.