Sharpmaker arrival...

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
ChrisinHove

Sharpmaker arrival...

Post by ChrisinHove »

My first impressions are what a really well thought out piece of kit it is. Clear instructions, too: no dodgy translation here!

Next, a few tentative strokes by my hitherto un-sharp sg Delica 4 and it's shaving the hairs off my arm already.

Since my order, I've been watching / reading some of the advice you experts have posted, and am looking forward to getting stuck-in with the car-crash of my old but quality kitchen knives. The diamond stones are on the list already.

Why be dull?!
"Rules are for the adherence of fools, and the guidance of wise men". Except in a pandemic....
Military Kapara, Brouwer, UKPK (GIN1 CE, HH g10 & s110v), Delica IV SG, Caly 3 SE, Kiwi4, Lil Matriarch, Endura SG & SEW, Dragonfly Hap40, Manbug ZDP189 & SB, Ladybug 2, Vtoku & HB, Stretch HAP40, Squeak, Squeak Ti, Chicago440C, Ikuchi, Byrd Tern, Watu, Chaparral Stealth Ti, Manix XL & Rex45 G10, Shaman ZCarta, Wolfspyder, NC cf, N5 M4,
Holland

Post by Holland »

Congrats on the purchase!
-Spencer

Rotation:
Gayle Bradley 2 | Mantra 1 | Watu | Chaparral 1 | Dragonfly 2 Salt SE
Revival

Post by Revival »

Congrats and dont forget to watch the dvd or watch it on youtube. Another thing you might want to consider is the ultra fine rods. I have them and they are worth every penny. ;)
ChrisinHove

Post by ChrisinHove »

The diamond rods arrived today, and I couldn't resist trying them on our sad little Global wharncliffe paring knife. The blade is very short and awkward to manipulate on a stone, and to be honest a bit of a mess after years of half-arsed sharpening attempts.
10 minutes later, the edge is true and shaving sharp. Just one more such resurrection and I've saved the cost of the sharpening kit, and I've a block full to go through.
And it's Friday!!
"Rules are for the adherence of fools, and the guidance of wise men". Except in a pandemic....
Military Kapara, Brouwer, UKPK (GIN1 CE, HH g10 & s110v), Delica IV SG, Caly 3 SE, Kiwi4, Lil Matriarch, Endura SG & SEW, Dragonfly Hap40, Manbug ZDP189 & SB, Ladybug 2, Vtoku & HB, Stretch HAP40, Squeak, Squeak Ti, Chicago440C, Ikuchi, Byrd Tern, Watu, Chaparral Stealth Ti, Manix XL & Rex45 G10, Shaman ZCarta, Wolfspyder, NC cf, N5 M4,
Bill1170

Post by Bill1170 »

The Sharpmaker was my first Spyderco purchase. It's a force multiplier; for the cost of one sharp knife you can produce many sharp knives starting with your dull ones.