Wharnie Mule Team

A place to share your experience with our Mule Team knives.
v8r

Wharnie Mule Team

Post by v8r »

Hey Mr. Sal how about a wharnie bladed mule? I absolutely love using/carrying my Chinese mule (9Cr18Mo) Mule, and was thinking today a wharnie bladed version would be really cool. I feel it wouldn't be a huge program change(keep the handle design as is) and just change the blade shape.
I'm not really picky about steel, you could use whatever you had laying around as long as edge retention is decent CTS-XHP or S30V would be fine by me. You could run a 1000 of them and I be they would sell ;)
By keeping the handle the same those who wanted could order handles from Halpern Titanium if they chose.
V8R

Opinions are like belly buttons most people have one:p
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

v8r wrote:Hey Mr. Sal how about a wharnie bladed mule? I absolutely love using/carrying my Chinese mule (9Cr18Mo) Mule, and was thinking today a wharnie bladed version would be really cool. I feel it wouldn't be a huge program change(keep the handle design as is) and just change the blade shape.
I'm not really picky about steel, you could use whatever you had laying around as long as edge retention is decent CTS-XHP or S30V would be fine by me. You could run a 1000 of them and I be they would sell ;)
By keeping the handle the same those who wanted could order handles from Halpern Titanium if they chose.
Have you tried the swick?
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*
boonedawg

Post by boonedawg »

I'd be all over that. I do have a swick but a wharnie mule would be trick.
FCM415

Post by FCM415 »

By intoducing another variable in the Mule line, it will make it more of a featured product rather than a testbed/sample model. Not against it at all, Id be interested but it would be a totally different thing of course and not a Mule. Unless they come out with wharnie versions of all the Mules movin forward.
A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory.
-Leonard Nimoy
yablanowitz

Post by yablanowitz »

Believe it or not, the Mule Team was originally going to be wharncliffe blade, but it got changed to leaf blade by popular demand.
I don't believe in safe queens, only in pre-need replacements.
ChapmanPreferred

Post by ChapmanPreferred »

I'm pleased with the current design. I plan to modify a Mule to better suit my "wants".
SFO Alumni/Authorized Spyderco Dealer (Startup)
Work EDC List
FRP: Nisjin Cricket PE, Manbug PE, Dragonfly PE
FLP: SS Cricket SE, byrd Flatbyrd CE
BRP: CF Military S90V
BLP: Forum S110V Native
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

They need to stay consistent in order to stay true to their purpose which is to compare various steels with a consistent platform.
v8r

Post by v8r »

Yes I own a Swick already and use it quite often when doing leather work.
It doesn't have to be called a Mule, I would just like it to have the same handle profile to make it easy for people to buy grips. They made the Woodcrafter Mule, so why not a Wharnie version?
V8R

JNewell

Post by JNewell »

v8r wrote:Hey Mr. Sal how about a wharnie bladed mule? I absolutely love using/carrying my Chinese mule (9Cr18Mo) Mule, and was thinking today a wharnie bladed version would be really cool. I feel it wouldn't be a huge program change(keep the handle design as is) and just change the blade shape.
But it wouldn't be a Mule. :D At least it wouldn't be an MT-series Mule. How 'bout an Enuff?
phillipsted

Post by phillipsted »

The Sheepsfoot Enuff might be close to what you are looking for...

TedP
sal

Post by sal »

v8r wrote:Yes I own a Swick already and use it quite often when doing leather work.
It doesn't have to be called a Mule, I would just like it to have the same handle profile to make it easy for people to buy grips. They made the Woodcrafter Mule, so why not a Wharnie version?
Hi V8r,

The woodcrafter model wasn't a mule. They incorrectly call it that. Our Mule Team really has to maintian a single pattern to service the function of the project. Farid's Mule wasn't a mule, even though he chose to call it that.

It seems what you are asking for is a warnie that has the Mule handle that will accomodate a Halpern sscale?

sal
v8r

Post by v8r »

sal wrote:Hi V8r,

The woodcrafter model wasn't a mule. They incorrectly call it that. Our Mule Team really has to maintian a single pattern to service the function of the project. Farid's Mule wasn't a mule, even though he chose to call it that.

It seems what you are asking for is a warnie that has the Mule handle that will accomodate a Halpern sscale?

sal
Yes Sir! That's what I was thinking. The size of the Mule makes it a great EDC fixed blade. The handle design is also very well designed, plus the option of choosing your own scales is also another advantage.
PS. If you decide to make a production version I would be more than happy to "field test" it for you! ;)
V8R