Manbug or ladybug?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Kylems11

Manbug or ladybug?

Post by Kylems11 »

Yea i know im late and havnt bought one of these yet. But i want to buy one now but cant decide which one. Dont feel like i need both, which one would you choose?
My :spyder:'s
Pm2(1), salt 1, dragonfly 2 salt(2), dragonfly 2(1), delica 4(2), tenacious(2), persistence(2), kiwi 3(2), grasshopper, honeybee, bug, native 5 g10, manbug, ladybug, sage 3, southard(turned mini) kiwi 4 g10, manix 2 LW s110v

:spyder:Kyle:spyder:
araneae

Post by araneae »

Manbug.
So many knives, so few pockets... :)
-Nick

Last in: N5 Magnacut
The "Spirit" of the design does not come through unless used. -Sal
paladin

Post by paladin »

Manbug...grab one & don't look back
What is truth? Pontius Pilate
yablanowitz

Post by yablanowitz »

Frankly, I don't find enough difference between them to matter. Close your eyes and throw a dart at the catalog.
I don't believe in safe queens, only in pre-need replacements.
gph

Post by gph »

LB because it's the only one that comes in hawkbill SE. Great little knife for odd ball cuts.
opusxpn

Post by opusxpn »

If you want hawkbill, H1 or hollow grind ladybug. If you want a larger handle thicker spine full flat grind manbug
Keep'em sharp :spyder: 9 Enduras, 4 Manix, Manix XL DLC, 3 Delicas, 5 Ladybug, 2 Manbug, 4 Dragonfly, Pingo, Cat, 3 Salt1, Pacific salt, Tasman, 3 stretch, 2 Tenacious, Resiliance, Robyn2 G10, 2byrd hawkbill, 4Para2, 2Military, native5 frn, Bradley folder, SpyDK, Kiwi, MT19, salt saver, Street bowie, Roadie,Squeak, 5 UKPK, k05 SE, k04 SE & PE
LC Kid

Post by LC Kid »

Hi Mr Kylems11!

LadyBug hands down.
:spyder: Way more colors to choose from, awesome cutting power and amazing blade/handle ratio.

Is the only with Hawkbill blade or H1 steel. And it also comes in Super Blue.

And since it has a better price you're gonna save your hard earned money on this.
Stay Sharp!
DeathBySnooSnoo

Post by DeathBySnooSnoo »

LB....because it has a more useful pointy tip. And in a tiny knife, I really want a good pointy tip.
On the hunt for...
Blue Possum

Post by Blue Possum »

How about the Byrd Finch2 instead ?
Blue Possum
LC Kid

Post by LC Kid »

^^^ :rolleyes: I do have one. Two actually, since I gave the other to the wife.

Very well done, nice strong G10 handles with skeletonized steel liners. And a very hard to beat price

Only two complains:

1. Not really smooth when compared to the LadyBug.

2. Doesn't really hold an edge as good as the LadyBug or the ManBug.
Stay Sharp!
Kylems11

Post by Kylems11 »

Never really gotten into the byrd knives. Like to stick with spydies. They give me more reassurance.
My :spyder:'s
Pm2(1), salt 1, dragonfly 2 salt(2), dragonfly 2(1), delica 4(2), tenacious(2), persistence(2), kiwi 3(2), grasshopper, honeybee, bug, native 5 g10, manbug, ladybug, sage 3, southard(turned mini) kiwi 4 g10, manix 2 LW s110v

:spyder:Kyle:spyder:
Nick Herrera

Post by Nick Herrera »

I received a super blue LB for my birthday and it's been fantastic for both daily small tasks and as a "Snacktical" blade too. Cutting all my fruits with ease. I keep it on my keys. Great size.

However, I've never had the chance to play with an MB so I can't say much about them.
:spyder: Proud creator of the HerreraEdge :spyder:
Nick Herrera

Post by Nick Herrera »

I received a super blue LB for my birthday and it's been fantastic for both daily small tasks and as a "Snacktical" blade too. Cutting all my fruits with ease. I keep it on my keys. Great size.

However, I've never had the chance to play with an MB so I can't say much about them.
:spyder: Proud creator of the HerreraEdge :spyder:
Laethageal

Post by Laethageal »

I'd recommand the lady in ZDP or superblue if you like crazy sharp little knife. I find the added handle size in the manbug way too big compare to the gain in blade lenght. Ladybug on your keyring isn't bothering and is enough for small on the fly task. The manbug did feel like my pocket was getting too crowed for almost no blade utility gain.
If it's not polished, call it a saw, not an edge!
this_is_nascar

Post by this_is_nascar »

For me, the Ladybug. I could never get past the looks of the blade on the Manbug. I have such a small collection of knives, the ones I decide to keep must be pleasing to the eye to me, regardless of how well it may perform.
"The only way to stop a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun". --- Wayne LaPierre 12/21/2012
jackknifeh

Post by jackknifeh »

I like the Manbug. Had a Ladybug salt but never really warmed up to it. It is a good little knife though.

The SB Manbug is available for pre-order on knife center if you can wait.

Jack
Holland

Post by Holland »

I'd suggest the SB ladybug. It is extremely thin and slices like a demon. Plus for a knife that size (especially if u plan to put it on your keychain) the smaller the better for me
-Spencer

Rotation:
Gayle Bradley 2 | Mantra 1 | Watu | Chaparral 1 | Dragonfly 2 Salt SE
Scorpion

Post by Scorpion »

Manbug. FFG seals the deal, as well as its slightly stronger and more confidence inspiring build. Yes slightly, but if you can afford the G10 version, which isn't THAT expensive, especially on Amazon, it's worlds apart. http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/ ... dition=new
ohcyclist

Post by ohcyclist »

I would go ladybug. The super blue model out right now is very nice, and you get similar cutting performance out of a smaller size.
Screwdriver

Post by Screwdriver »

If the SB Ladybug did not exist, I'd say Manbug.
PM2(Camo/Satin) Military (Safety Orange, Camo), Endura (Wave, ZDP-189, Super Blue), Gayle Bradley, Techno, Pacific Salt PE, Tasman Salt SE, Harpy, Manbug ZDP-189, Dragonfly Aus 8, Ladybug (Red with CE...1990ish), Cricket SE, Civilian.