Fully Serrated Native LTWT

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
zhyla

Post by zhyla »

I carried a GIN-1 SE Native for nearly a decade without sharpening it. The S30V version I have hasn't seen much use but honestly it's not something to worry about, SE S30V will cut about as long as anything will.

The clips on the FRN Natives are (IMHO) terrible, they snag on things too easily. However recently the clips have been modified. I would make sure you get the latest style clip.
All God's critters have knives.
Knivesinedc

Post by Knivesinedc »

I have had mine for more than a year and I love it! It holds an edge for a REALLY long time, it feels great in hand, the jimping is fantastic, the clip is great(just don't clip it in your back pocket). it cuts really nice and it's really easy to sharpen. The only gripe I have about it, is that it's really hard to clean. Mine is pretty stiff right now and I can't get it to loosen up so I'm gonna send it in to the spydie spa the get cleaned and sharpened. I also think they could have put bronze washers in it, that would have made for alot smoother action.
Relentless Perseverance in the Face of a Lightless Sky.

Joshua 1:9b "Be strong and courageous, do not be terrified, do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go"
Invective

Post by Invective »

I haven't got the S30V model, but I do have it in 440V and it is a beast. It just keeps cutting and cutting when I'm doing outdoors work, and I have subjected it to far more abuse and use than I would a plain edge because I know the serrations can take it.

Deal4

Post by Deal4 »

Wow Invective, that is some rough work you are putting it through! Good to know it will take it though!
araneae

Post by araneae »

I also have a 440v se native and it is a very good workhorse.
So many knives, so few pockets... :)
-Nick

Last in: N5 Magnacut
The "Spirit" of the design does not come through unless used. -Sal
Invective

Post by Invective »

Deal4 wrote:Wow Invective, that is some rough work you are putting it through! Good to know it will take it though!
Yup, it is probably one of my hardest used knives, the other being a 440V SE Millie (hmmm I think I see a pattern here :p ). And they both take the work just fine, the Native has some up and down play but it had that when I got it and I have tried my darndest to get it to fail but no luck. Guess I'll have to keep using it!