Should I keep Spyderco boxes?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
SpyderEdgeForever

Should I keep Spyderco boxes?

Post by SpyderEdgeForever »

I was doing some "Spring cleaning" and don't want clutter around, and I was wondering: Should I keep the Spyderco boxes I have that came with knives, or, recycle them?
I guess if I want to sell some of the knives in the future or trade them, it is probably a good idea to keep the original boxes and as much of the warranty sheets as I can?
jalcon

Post by jalcon »

I always keep all of mine.
tvenuto

Post by tvenuto »

All of mine are in one of those plastic bins you can buy that have the snap on lid. It's in the basement, and it's nice to know they're there if I ever end up needing one. There's plenty of other clutter to clean before I get to those. Plus, you never know what those boxes might contain!
phillipsted

Post by phillipsted »

I recycle most of mine - they are a fire hazard. :rolleyes:

TedP
WMR

Post by WMR »

I guess if I want to sell some of the knives in the future or trade them, it is probably a good idea to keep the original boxes and as much of the warranty sheets as I can?
I think you have answered your own question correctly. I don't have room or I would probably keep all mine. I haven't sold one yet so the few boxes I have kept are taking up too much space. I gave one away to someone who was going to make it a present so I gave him the box too. Other than that it has been a waste of space. I just keep boxes for the most expensive ones though.
Surfingringo

Post by Surfingringo »

Only the ones with $100 bills under the foam! ;)
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Absolutely. The only ones I don't have are my Native which was my first and I lost the box years ago and my Stretch because it was gifted to me.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
elrond18

Post by elrond18 »

I keep my boxes too!
Auxiliaryjohn

Post by Auxiliaryjohn »

IF you don't want them...I would be happy to dispose of them for you. :D
Joshua J.

Post by Joshua J. »

If you buy more than one knife a year I would keep them, especially if you tend to go for knives over $100.
JNewell

Post by JNewell »

SpyderEdgeForever wrote:I was doing some "Spring cleaning" and don't want clutter around, and I was wondering: Should I keep the Spyderco boxes I have that came with knives, or, recycle them?
Yes...resales are faster and often at higher prices if you have the box.
MatthewSB

Post by MatthewSB »

I used to keep my knives in a big pile. At the advice of a friend, I now keep them in the boxes, stacked nicely and in order.

If I only owned one, I wouldn't bother, but the "pile of knives" was getting out of hand.
rodloos

Post by rodloos »

I still have most of mine, but I don't store the knives in them, because it's too much trouble to always be swapping them in and out of boxes, I'm always switching up which knives I'm carrying. But with over 200 boxes, they are getting to where they take up a lot of space, and I would have extreme difficulty finding the right box to match up with a knife if I did want to sell it or something. A few of the boxes either arrived damaged (thanks USPS! :( ) or I accidentally tore the tab in my haste to get to my Next New Spydie :D .
Which Knife, A or B? get Both! (and C, D and E) :)
Strong-Dog

Post by Strong-Dog »

Definitely keep them
"For a second, I thought I was dead, but when I heard all the noise I knew they were cops. Only cops talk that way. If they had been wiseguys, I wouldn't have heard a thing. I would've been dead."

-Henry Hill
chuck_roxas45

Post by chuck_roxas45 »

Surfingringo wrote:Only the ones with $100 bills under the foam! ;)
Haha...
Scottie3000

Post by Scottie3000 »

I keep all mine and they are sorted into new knives, used knives, and empty boxes for knives currently in the rotation.
On order: Maxamet Native 5
Current pocket hog: S90V Para2
Next up: Something Blurple
Holland

Post by Holland »

I keep all the boxes for knives I think I might sell in the future or if they are replacements for knives I currently use
-Spencer

Rotation:
Gayle Bradley 2 | Mantra 1 | Watu | Chaparral 1 | Dragonfly 2 Salt SE
toomzz

Post by toomzz »

Well, if let them sign by Eric or Sal you WILL keep them....
Tom
NoFair

Post by NoFair »

I usually give mine to a friend who is a collector, but I keep the ones that still have knives in them (spares, trade bait, knives I haven't started using yet)
acer

Post by acer »

If you got the space Keep them . Once there gone there gone . I thrown some out before and regretted it. Mine you I dont keep TV , washing machine , Hoover boxes :D Simple Keep them.