Green Para2's are back

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
FCM415

Post by FCM415 »

JNewell wrote:Yes, more green! :D I succumbed... :)
I was ultra tempted to do so but I already have three. One from my friend coming from the original preorder, and two from the subsequent small batches that they received. It's ok, I don't want to reach RevDevil numbers lol. Gotta give it up to the color green though, one of my faves and well repped in my collection. 204P takes me long to reprofile... But boy is it worthit. In all, to me it's the best user PM2 package. Most carried version.
A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory.
-Leonard Nimoy
jalcon

Post by jalcon »

Under order status mine says "ready to be shipped" and already has a tracking number link. The link has no info though, and I suspect won't until April 1st.
Donut

Post by Donut »

Brock O Lee wrote:This is a great price for a sprint Para2, but my blue M390 will have to suffice
With a username like yours, I would think it would be against the law for you to pass this one up. :p
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
Waiting on a Squeak and Pingo with a Split Spring!
muckypops

Post by muckypops »

jalcon wrote:Under order status mine says "ready to be shipped" and already has a tracking number link. The link has no info though, and I suspect won't until April 1st.
!! mine says ready to ship too. Maybe they will ship early!
Military, Paramilitary 2 (green, black/black, black/satin, camo/black, camo/satin), Manix 2 XL, Manix 2 Lightweight, Tenacious (black/black, black/satin), Kiwi 3, Endura 4, Delica 4, a few Kershaws, a few Becker Ka-Bars, a couple of Benchmades and a whole rainbow of Rat 1's and 2's. I like carrying the Rats at work. I rotate my other folders on my days off.
JerryIsAlive

Post by JerryIsAlive »

My guess is they are preparing the tracking and packages so they will be ready to go out on time on Tuesday
Brock O Lee

Post by Brock O Lee »

Donut wrote:With a username like yours, I would think it would be against the law for you to pass this one up. :p
I agree with you, but my knife budget is currently on life support :)
Hans

Favourite Spydies: Military, PM2, Shaman, UKPK
Others: Victorinox Pioneer, CRK L Sebenza 31, CRK L Inkosi
Philo Beddoe

Post by Philo Beddoe »

Talked to KW this morning and they said that "no more will be made and no new runs will be ordered". So these were the last ones. It will be all secondary markets for these from now on.

With 1200 total made these will probably be fairly easy to score for awhile.
FCM415

Post by FCM415 »

Brock O Lee wrote:I agree with you, but my knife budget is currently on life support :)
Lol, I know that situation all too well. Hooray college wife who doesn't work, at least my tax return because of it is going to save me this year.
A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory.
-Leonard Nimoy
FCM415

Post by FCM415 »

KW comes out with very desirable sprints, I wonder why they don't commit to more runs on such knives as the G10/Ti Millie and this one. They sell very well.
-Leonard Nimoy
tvenuto

Post by tvenuto »

Indeed they do. Love the CF XL, and I'm sure the CF Yojimbo will sell out in record time. Considering you can barely find a production PM2 for $100 this was a phenomenal deal!
juneau92

Post by juneau92 »

Sold out. :(
JNewell

Post by JNewell »

FCM415 wrote:I was ultra tempted to do so but I already have three. One from my friend coming from the original preorder, and two from the subsequent small batches that they received. It's ok, I don't want to reach RevDevil numbers lol. Gotta give it up to the color green though, one of my faves and well repped in my collection. 204P takes me long to reprofile... But boy is it worthit. In all, to me it's the best user PM2 package. Most carried version.
That makes three of the green for me also, but I feel about the same. It's a great balance between a color I like and a steel that's uber.
bh49

Post by bh49 »

FCM415 wrote:KW comes out with very desirable sprints, I wonder why they don't commit to more runs on such knives as the G10/Ti Millie and this one. They sell very well.
G10/Ti frame-lock is the great combination. I can only wish that they would have more models with stainless available
FCM415 wrote:I was ultra tempted to do so but I already have three. 204P takes me long to reprofile.
three is a good number. As we talk about reprofiling, I found a good solution- diamonds :) I love my WE.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
RadioactiveSpyder

Post by RadioactiveSpyder »

Congrats to those that picked one up this go around, and good luck to those still trying. I was lucky to be on the backup list for one last year and it's my EDC PM2 (with low rider clip of course). It is a great steel that holds its edge very well in my experience, bit tougher to sharpen though but thankfully doesn't need it too often!
It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King
macatac

Post by macatac »

I made the pre-order list. I called them and they said that I am on the "second" batch, but they don't know when it will be delivered by Spyderco. Let the waiting game begin.
macatac
hawaiihunter

Post by hawaiihunter »

Anyone selling any extra ones? :D
Looking for: Grey Cts-20cp Paramilitary 2
Green Cts-204p Paramilitary 2
S110v Mule

Currently own: Tenacious, Green Cts-204P Paramiitary 2
Cujobob

Post by Cujobob »

Can't believe I missed this. Oh well.
cmichael

Post by cmichael »

Miss that one by min, anyone willing to sell, My son Birthday coming up, It will be nice to give to him. Green is his favor.
tvenuto

Post by tvenuto »

Sorry guys, buy/sell/trade posts are not allowed here. As others have said, this was a relatively large and recent sprint run. You should have no trouble finding one on the secondary market for a while.
Commendatore

Post by Commendatore »

Wow! They did come and go without me noticing. A pre-need replacement would have been great but knife budget is too low anyway (too many super blue knives up for sale :rolleyes: ).