Anticipation for Military 2 poll

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.

What is your MOST ANTICIPATED feature on the proposed Military 2 Model?

Poll ended at Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:44 am

Lock
54%
Blade dimensions
2%
Blade shape / grind
2%
Exclusive Super Steel
14%
Scale dimensions / ergonomics
11%
Pocket Clip
7%
Other Hardware ( liners, standoffs, pivots, fasteners, etc.)
7%
Other
4%

Total votes: 56

paladin

Anticipation for Military 2 poll

Post by paladin »

The details on the Military 2 are top secret, so far, with just a few clues being leaked ( Stoplock )...

Vote for your ONE most longed for detail which ( possibly ) may be featured on the proposed Military 2 :D

These can be "confirmed" features or "hoped for" features...

I've kept the categories broad & general...

Please flesh out your vote with more details in the comments section, if needed :spyder:
What is truth? Pontius Pilate
Spydersense

Post by Spydersense »

Voted for ergos. I recently gave a Military a try, but don't dig the ergos. Hopefully the 2 will change that for me.
Time for another :spyder:!

-Matt
paladin

Post by paladin »

voted LOCK...really intrigued by Stoplock

for lock innovation Spyderco has set the bar high, and I have 100% confidence it will be a Home Run :spyder:
Leif

Post by Leif »

Can't decide until I actually know what the features will be like.
Two historical figures, outlaws and desperadoes if that, the villainous pair of really nice boys who just happened to be on the wrong side of the law.

:spyder: Current EDC: Paramilitary 2 :spyder:
Ray Allen

Post by Ray Allen »

Voted lock since the limit is one selection, but in reality I am really interested in the combined package, especially 4 way clip and hopefully a upgraded baseline blade steel.
yablanowitz

Post by yablanowitz »

I love the Military just the way it is. If I could visualize how the Stop Lock works from the drawings, I'd have no interest in the Military2 at all.
I don't believe in safe queens, only in pre-need replacements.
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Well I'm a steel hound but I figure that will likely come no matter what the rest of the features turn out to be so I vote for lock design. If I could have one wish it would be to have more blade to match the length of the handle and maybe a slightly beefier tip, and I stress slightly.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
Blackhawk30

Post by Blackhawk30 »

I'd like to see a 4 position clip.VG10 as a steel option.I can't think of much else.
gbelleh

Post by gbelleh »

New lock, and tip-up option are what I'm looking forward to. But I'm happy enough with the Millie 1 to wait until it's ready.
:bug-red-white
paladin

Post by paladin »

I'm assuming one (or more) of all the features I've listed will "evolve" from the Military 1, otherwise there would be no talk of a future Milie 2...

I likewise assume that there will some elements from Mil 1 retained or else it would have a different model designation...

The "confirmed" details are few...our wishes & imaginations fill in the blanks in the meantime....

I guess this poll would have been better titled "Military 2 Wishlist"
ZL1

Post by ZL1 »

Pocket clip. I just want to be able to carry the Military comfortably. It's a great knife already
Laethageal

Post by Laethageal »

I say K390 would be the highly wished for feature. Slight blade shape change could also do something, but overall it's a great design. Dunno how they could improve it more then by giving it the craziest steel out there!
If it's not polished, call it a saw, not an edge!
Clip

Post by Clip »

Blade dimensions, the Military packs an impressive and capable blade in a very slim, light package. I hope this doesn't change.
Click here to zoom: Under the Microscope

Manix2, Elmax MT13, M4 Manix2, ZDP Caly Jr, SB Caly3.5, Cruwear MT12, XHP MT16, South Fork, SB Caly3, 20CP Para2, Military Left Hand, Perrin PPT, Squeak, Manix 83mm, Swick3, Lil' Temperance, VG10 Jester, Dfly2 Salt, Tasman Salt

Chris
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

I like Evil D's suggestion to upsize the blade to fill the handle more. I would not have any interest in shrinking the handle to fit the current Military blade length. I really can't say I am anticipating anything other than a pillar construction and upgraded T8 torx fasteners.
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*
TomAiello

Post by TomAiello »

Comp lock (or power lock) and 4 position clip definitely top my list.

I really like the ergonomics as they stand, and the blade shape is great for me. I just have a lot of trouble getting past the liner lock and the fixed position clip. I understand that the lightness is related to the liner lock, though, and I do appreciate the lightness.
nccole

Post by nccole »

I voted clip. Mainly because it was the thing I couldn't live with on the current model. Second would be hardware. Larger lanyard tube, larger standoffs, at least t8 screws t10 would be good. While the Stoplock looks intriguing, the liner lock on the current Mili is pretty good. I would want some more info on the stop lock before I got more excited. A video showing it might do the trick since the other two things I mentioned were modded by me, but you can't modify the lock really.
Woodsman

Post by Woodsman »

I voted Lock but honestly I love the Military as it is. With that said, I would not mind seeing a tip up/tip down carry option and pillar construction on the Military 2. One thing I love about the Military is it is a lightweight/slim package for its size. The Military does carry more like a medium sized knife when compared to other folders in its size range IMO. Like Clip already stated, I also hope this does not change with the Military 2.
robot37

Post by robot37 »

I voted for the lock, but the more I look at the old patent drawings for the Stop Lock the more it looks like the new Power Lock, except that the Power Lock has a stop pin, whereas the Stop Lock does not. However, the principle means of locking the blade is very similar. I wonder if Sal and crew won't try to roll out a new Military model with the Power Lock instead. It would be the total package: Strength, Reliability, Ergonomics, and Ambidextrous set up. What's not to like?

I motion for a Power Lock Military 2 !!

-nate
LC Kid

Post by LC Kid »

Hi Folks!

My vote goes for the Lock - Compression Lock Mili!
:D And I'd love to see a 4 way Pocket Clip. :rolleyes:
Stay Sharp!
paladin

Post by paladin »

nccole wrote: Second would be hardware. Larger lanyard tube, larger standoffs, at least t8 screws t10 would be good. A video showing it might do the trick since the other two things I mentioned were modded by me, but you can't modify the lock really.
are the 2 things you're referring to the lanyard tube & standoffs? Pics please!! :D