Which spyderco is in the mail?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
User avatar
JuPaul
Member
Posts: 391
Joined: Thu Jun 27, 2019 7:06 am

Re: Which spyderco is in the mail?

Postby JuPaul » Tue Sep 03, 2019 4:11 pm

Monty wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 3:35 pm
I completely forgot I had a Dragonfly Hawkbill Salt enroute, so it surpised me in the mailbox today. First impressions...I'm a bit disappointed with the ergos. The choil is both smaller and unjimped vs the the leaf blade models I carry so much.
Good to know. I've thought about getting one of these, but have heen hesitant to pull the trigger.
Be excellent to each other. - Bill S. Preston, Esq.

User avatar
JonLeBlanc
Member
Posts: 822
Joined: Sun May 13, 2018 8:00 am
Location: Louisiana

Re: Which spyderco is in the mail?

Postby JonLeBlanc » Tue Sep 03, 2019 5:08 pm

JuPaul wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 4:11 pm
Monty wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 3:35 pm
I completely forgot I had a Dragonfly Hawkbill Salt enroute, so it surpised me in the mailbox today. First impressions...I'm a bit disappointed with the ergos. The choil is both smaller and unjimped vs the the leaf blade models I carry so much.
Good to know. I've thought about getting one of these, but have heen hesitant to pull the trigger.
You know, I always thought the Dfly was such a cool design, and I still do (I mean the design hasn't changed), but after having had one in hand a year or so ago, it just seemed a little too small. I think if there were a XL version or whatever I would be highly enthused, because there are larger knives with similar ergos/design that really work for me, but then I'm a fan of larger blades so... But I'm glad the Dfly exists as it is for those it works for. And of course it's yet another awesome platform for Spyderco to work with!
Now I'm not even sure where I was going with this haha, I ramble.
My collection so far: 52100 Military (2); 52100 PM2 (2); 52100 Para3; Stretch2 V-Toku; KnifeWorks M4 PM2; BentoBox M390 PM2; BentoBox S90V Military; Police4 K390; S110V PM2; SS Delica AUS-6; Wayne Goddard Sprint VG-10
Wish list: Hundred Pacer; Sliverax; Mantra; 52100 PM2 SE; Kapara

Monty
Member
Posts: 74
Joined: Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:49 am

Re: Which spyderco is in the mail?

Postby Monty » Tue Sep 03, 2019 5:14 pm

I carry the dragonfly a lot in the summer... because it's hot and I'm wearing lightweight board shorts. It works for me only because of the choil, I never grip it by the handle only. Caveat to my initial comments, I've only had the knife about 2 hours. I just was not anticipating the smaller choil and it was immediately noticable.

User avatar
JuPaul
Member
Posts: 391
Joined: Thu Jun 27, 2019 7:06 am

Re: Which spyderco is in the mail?

Postby JuPaul » Tue Sep 03, 2019 5:36 pm

Monty wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 5:14 pm
I carry the dragonfly a lot in the summer... because it's hot and I'm wearing lightweight board shorts. It works for me only because of the choil, I never grip it by the handle only. Caveat to my initial comments, I've only had the knife about 2 hours. I just was not anticipating the smaller choil and it was immediately noticable.
Yeah I also carry a dragonfly in lw shorts a lot, and I really like it. But after your post I looked up the hawkbill again and you're right, the choil is noticeably smaller and the finger ramp is rounded off, too. I was going back and forth btw the df hawkbill and the tasman salt, so you may have made the choice easier for me when I do decide to drop the bucks. Thx!
Be excellent to each other. - Bill S. Preston, Esq.

VashHash
Member
Posts: 3439
Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2009 2:49 pm
Location: Louisiana

Re: Which spyderco is in the mail?

Postby VashHash » Tue Sep 03, 2019 6:42 pm

JonLeBlanc wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 3:39 pm
VashHash wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 10:49 am
Got 3 Z cuts coming
1 black pointed pe
1 black pointed SE
1 yellow rounded SE
Man PLEASE let us know how you like those Z-Cuts, even a quick line, I've been excited over those more than anything else this year :D Partly just to give them as gifts, but also because they just look awesome! Louisiana here too btw haha
When I saw LeBlanc I figured that. I'll be sure to update when I get them.

User avatar
SC_PATRIOT
Member
Posts: 263
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:43 am
Location: piedmont of SC

Re: Which spyderco is in the mail?

Postby SC_PATRIOT » Tue Sep 03, 2019 6:46 pm

Almost new in box...

Hossum Forager
Instagram: @my_blade_life
Spyderco only EDC... :D

User avatar
JonLeBlanc
Member
Posts: 822
Joined: Sun May 13, 2018 8:00 am
Location: Louisiana

Re: Which spyderco is in the mail?

Postby JonLeBlanc » Tue Sep 03, 2019 7:40 pm

VashHash wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 6:42 pm
JonLeBlanc wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 3:39 pm
VashHash wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 10:49 am
Got 3 Z cuts coming
1 black pointed pe
1 black pointed SE
1 yellow rounded SE
Man PLEASE let us know how you like those Z-Cuts, even a quick line, I've been excited over those more than anything else this year :D Partly just to give them as gifts, but also because they just look awesome! Louisiana here too btw haha
When I saw LeBlanc I figured that. I'll be sure to update when I get them.
Have you heard that KnifeWorks is moving to a new showroom? They may already have, or be in the process, but at any rate it’s gonna be in the city of Monroe proper, some nice big facility :cool: I really want to check it out, but I think I’m gonna have to wait a paycheck cycle lol
My collection so far: 52100 Military (2); 52100 PM2 (2); 52100 Para3; Stretch2 V-Toku; KnifeWorks M4 PM2; BentoBox M390 PM2; BentoBox S90V Military; Police4 K390; S110V PM2; SS Delica AUS-6; Wayne Goddard Sprint VG-10
Wish list: Hundred Pacer; Sliverax; Mantra; 52100 PM2 SE; Kapara

VashHash
Member
Posts: 3439
Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2009 2:49 pm
Location: Louisiana

Re: Which spyderco is in the mail?

Postby VashHash » Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:58 am

JonLeBlanc wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 7:40 pm
VashHash wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 6:42 pm
JonLeBlanc wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 3:39 pm
VashHash wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 10:49 am
Got 3 Z cuts coming
1 black pointed pe
1 black pointed SE
1 yellow rounded SE
Man PLEASE let us know how you like those Z-Cuts, even a quick line, I've been excited over those more than anything else this year :D Partly just to give them as gifts, but also because they just look awesome! Louisiana here too btw haha
When I saw LeBlanc I figured that. I'll be sure to update when I get them.
Have you heard that KnifeWorks is moving to a new showroom? They may already have, or be in the process, but at any rate it’s gonna be in the city of Monroe proper, some nice big facility :cool: I really want to check it out, but I think I’m gonna have to wait a paycheck cycle lol
I haven't made it there yet. I'm in the very southern part of the state. Really close to grand isle. I spoke with the owner a few years ago and he said if I gave him notice he would meet with me on a Saturday and let me check it out.

User avatar
JonLeBlanc
Member
Posts: 822
Joined: Sun May 13, 2018 8:00 am
Location: Louisiana

Re: Which spyderco is in the mail?

Postby JonLeBlanc » Wed Sep 04, 2019 1:56 pm

VashHash wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:58 am
JonLeBlanc wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 7:40 pm
VashHash wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 6:42 pm
JonLeBlanc wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 3:39 pm


Man PLEASE let us know how you like those Z-Cuts, even a quick line, I've been excited over those more than anything else this year :D Partly just to give them as gifts, but also because they just look awesome! Louisiana here too btw haha
When I saw LeBlanc I figured that. I'll be sure to update when I get them.
Have you heard that KnifeWorks is moving to a new showroom? They may already have, or be in the process, but at any rate it’s gonna be in the city of Monroe proper, some nice big facility :cool: I really want to check it out, but I think I’m gonna have to wait a paycheck cycle lol
I haven't made it there yet. I'm in the very southern part of the state. Really close to grand isle. I spoke with the owner a few years ago and he said if I gave him notice he would meet with me on a Saturday and let me check it out.
That’s cool man!
My collection so far: 52100 Military (2); 52100 PM2 (2); 52100 Para3; Stretch2 V-Toku; KnifeWorks M4 PM2; BentoBox M390 PM2; BentoBox S90V Military; Police4 K390; S110V PM2; SS Delica AUS-6; Wayne Goddard Sprint VG-10
Wish list: Hundred Pacer; Sliverax; Mantra; 52100 PM2 SE; Kapara

sn75
Member
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Sep 04, 2019 4:44 pm

Re: Which spyderco is in the mail?

Postby sn75 » Wed Sep 04, 2019 4:57 pm

Carbon Fiber Yojimbo & Farid K2 (both NIB). Looking forward to getting both of them. Near future will be a CF Mamba (still on the fence with this one, based on some reviews of it). The Lion Spy also is interesting to me (I know, I know, some hate the look/design).

The Meat man
Member
Posts: 2542
Joined: Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:01 pm
Location: Missouri, USA

Re: Which spyderco is in the mail?

Postby The Meat man » Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:03 pm

Image
- Connor

Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me." (John 14:6)

dRommer
Member
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Sep 08, 2019 11:49 pm

Re: Which spyderco is in the mail?

Postby dRommer » Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:46 pm

sn75 wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 4:57 pm
Carbon Fiber Yojimbo & Farid K2 (both NIB). Looking forward to getting both of them. Near future will be a CF Mamba (still on the fence with this one, based on some reviews of it). The Lion Spy also is interesting to me (I know, I know, some hate the look/design).
The Lion Spy doesn't look too bad for me either.

User avatar
Cambertree
Member
Posts: 390
Joined: Tue Sep 09, 2014 6:48 am
Location: Victoria, Australia

Re: Which spyderco is in the mail?

Postby Cambertree » Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:58 am

The Meat man wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:03 pm
Image
Lucky to have that choice in your jurisdiction. Very nice.

After seeing Evil D's RIT dye job on his Caribbean, I finally pulled the trigger on a leaf blade PE. That LC200N gets wicked sharp on my Waterway.

The Meat man
Member
Posts: 2542
Joined: Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:01 pm
Location: Missouri, USA

Re: Which spyderco is in the mail?

Postby The Meat man » Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:18 am

Cambertree wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:58 am
The Meat man wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:03 pm
Lucky to have that choice in your jurisdiction. Very nice.

After seeing Evil D's RIT dye job on his Caribbean, I finally pulled the trigger on a leaf blade PE. That LC200N gets wicked sharp on my Waterway.
Yeah it was a choice between the Autonomy 2 and Caribbean. This will be my first auto, and my first LC200N. I'm looking forward to it!
- Connor

Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me." (John 14:6)

User avatar
Pancake
Member
Posts: 132
Joined: Sat Jun 01, 2019 4:52 am

Re: Which spyderco is in the mail?

Postby Pancake » Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:40 am

I ordered Police 4. And I blaime Vivi for that!

jacala
Member
Posts: 138
Joined: Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:33 am
Location: Ipswich,Queensland,Australia

Re: Which spyderco is in the mail?

Postby jacala » Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:50 am

Another Smock !
Just received it today.
Now has a Lynch clip on it.
Pleassse don't ask me how many I have.

User avatar
jpm2
Member
Posts: 632
Joined: Sat Apr 15, 2017 7:40 pm
Location: TX

Re: Which spyderco is in the mail?

Postby jpm2 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:07 pm

1 bow river
1 z-cut pointed pe
1 z-cut pointed se
1 z-cut round pe
1 z-cut round se
all different color handles

Sumdumguy
Member
Posts: 1148
Joined: Sun Dec 03, 2017 3:51 pm

Re: Which spyderco is in the mail?

Postby Sumdumguy » Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:13 pm

The Meat man wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:18 am
Cambertree wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:58 am
The Meat man wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:03 pm
Lucky to have that choice in your jurisdiction. Very nice.

After seeing Evil D's RIT dye job on his Caribbean, I finally pulled the trigger on a leaf blade PE. That LC200N gets wicked sharp on my Waterway.
Yeah it was a choice between the Autonomy 2 and Caribbean. This will be my first auto, and my first LC200N. I'm looking forward to it!
You will enjoy it, it's a heck if a knife. Definitely get a Caribbean aswell, it is a pinnacle of knife design.

I bought one after my Caribbean. Eventually the Autonomy 2 found a new home, the Caribbean was a better fit for me. Honestly, the only slight fault it had was the weight relative to it's size.

The Meat man
Member
Posts: 2542
Joined: Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:01 pm
Location: Missouri, USA

Re: Which spyderco is in the mail?

Postby The Meat man » Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:48 pm

Sumdumguy wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:13 pm
The Meat man wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:18 am
Cambertree wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:58 am
The Meat man wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:03 pm
Lucky to have that choice in your jurisdiction. Very nice.

After seeing Evil D's RIT dye job on his Caribbean, I finally pulled the trigger on a leaf blade PE. That LC200N gets wicked sharp on my Waterway.
Yeah it was a choice between the Autonomy 2 and Caribbean. This will be my first auto, and my first LC200N. I'm looking forward to it!
You will enjoy it, it's a heck if a knife. Definitely get a Caribbean aswell, it is a pinnacle of knife design.

I bought one after my Caribbean. Eventually the Autonomy 2 found a new home, the Caribbean was a better fit for me. Honestly, the only slight fault it had was the weight relative to it's size.
Yeah it is a heavy knife all right, but I don't mind weight; and I actually kinda like the solidity and heft of a heavier knife. Anyway we'll see. It's supposed to come tomorrow. Can't wait to get it in hand.

The Caribbean was a tough pass and I might get one eventually anyway. I got to handle one awhile back at Country Knives and it felt and looked like a top design. (As might be expected from Sal.) Also it seems that everyone who gets one really loves it.
- Connor

Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me." (John 14:6)

Marulaghost
Member
Posts: 276
Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2019 8:02 pm

Re: Which spyderco is in the mail?

Postby Marulaghost » Fri Sep 13, 2019 3:51 pm

3 Z cuts. A plain poiny tip and 2 different serration patterns
Can't wait


Return to “Spyderco General Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: bearfacedkiller, Bing [Bot], Elshauno, setldown, Spydergirl88, SteveMidwest and 37 guests