Which spyderco is in the mail?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
User avatar
SC_PATRIOT
Member
Posts: 262
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:43 am
Location: piedmont of SC

Re: Which spyderco is in the mail?

Postby SC_PATRIOT » Fri Jul 05, 2019 8:21 pm

Chief.. never thought I would get another backlock but I will use it exclusive for food prep. Hence I got it if the forums for a discounted $$$. Can't wait...
Instagram: @my_blade_life
Spyderco only EDC... :D

User avatar
Crux
Member
Posts: 1296
Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:29 pm
Location: North Carolina USA

Re: Which spyderco is in the mail?

Postby Crux » Fri Jul 05, 2019 9:01 pm

Sounds like a good move, are you close to Charlotte? Are you prepping food that is available for others such as myself to eat? Is it tasty?

Sorry, seems I've either reached the age that all I can think about is food or somehow those years of watching the Food Network have fried my brain.
Can you find it and can it cut? :eek:


SteveMidwest
Member
Posts: 67
Joined: Sat Sep 08, 2018 2:40 pm

Re: Which spyderco is in the mail?

Postby SteveMidwest » Fri Jul 05, 2019 10:42 pm

The Spyderco C101GPCW2 Manix 2 CRU-WEAR Satin Plain Blade, Smooth Black G10 Handles, Knife Center Exclusive. Is in the Mail!
Kevin has got his video up of it now >

https://youtu.be/C7E2UphAuEE

User avatar
AliasNeo07
Member
Posts: 18
Joined: Fri Jun 18, 2010 9:21 pm

Re: Which spyderco is in the mail?

Postby AliasNeo07 » Sat Jul 06, 2019 11:31 am

ihped1 wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 11:42 am
Finally got my manix 2 and s35vn para 3 in the mail. Can't wait to check them out after work. The para 3 is so smooth the blade falls shut and jumps back out.
Yeah. Is it just my PM2 or is the PM3 noticeably smoother? I almost cant flick open my pm2 without some serious wrist action. Just picked up a PM3 LW and I can flick it open like butter without moving my wrist.

User avatar
Mushroom
Member
Posts: 1412
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2015 2:45 pm
Location: Boston, Ma. U.S.A. Earth

Re: Which spyderco is in the mail?

Postby Mushroom » Sat Jul 06, 2019 12:01 pm

Ouroboros! Had to pull the trigger before it was too late. :D
Great price and I knew I would regret missing out on this one in a couple years when it's impossible to find!
- Nick

:spyder:

TkoK83Spy
Member
Posts: 2110
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:32 pm
Location: Syracuse, NY

Re: Which spyderco is in the mail?

Postby TkoK83Spy » Sat Jul 06, 2019 12:08 pm

Mushroom wrote:
Sat Jul 06, 2019 12:01 pm
Ouroboros! Had to pull the trigger before it was too late. :D
Great price and I knew I would regret missing out on this one in a couple years when it's impossible to find!
Nice! Would like see some usage/impressions. Pretty rare knife.
Currently have 17 :spyder: 's in 13 different steels.

-Rick

User avatar
Mako109
Member
Posts: 1008
Joined: Sun Nov 23, 2008 11:43 pm
Location: Seattle/San Francisco, USA

Re: Which spyderco is in the mail?

Postby Mako109 » Sat Jul 06, 2019 12:19 pm

AliasNeo07 wrote:
Sat Jul 06, 2019 11:31 am
ihped1 wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 11:42 am
Finally got my manix 2 and s35vn para 3 in the mail. Can't wait to check them out after work. The para 3 is so smooth the blade falls shut and jumps back out.
Yeah. Is it just my PM2 or is the PM3 noticeably smoother? I almost cant flick open my pm2 without some serious wrist action. Just picked up a PM3 LW and I can flick it open like butter without moving my wrist.
Sorry it's just your PM2. Probably needs a little more break-in, lube, fine tuning or all of the above. The PM2 IS smooth. Some may be tighter than others out of the box; just sample variation really.

User avatar
AliasNeo07
Member
Posts: 18
Joined: Fri Jun 18, 2010 9:21 pm

Re: Which spyderco is in the mail?

Postby AliasNeo07 » Sat Jul 06, 2019 1:06 pm

Mako109 wrote:
Sat Jul 06, 2019 12:19 pm
AliasNeo07 wrote:
Sat Jul 06, 2019 11:31 am
ihped1 wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 11:42 am
Finally got my manix 2 and s35vn para 3 in the mail. Can't wait to check them out after work. The para 3 is so smooth the blade falls shut and jumps back out.
Yeah. Is it just my PM2 or is the PM3 noticeably smoother? I almost cant flick open my pm2 without some serious wrist action. Just picked up a PM3 LW and I can flick it open like butter without moving my wrist.
Sorry it's just your PM2. Probably needs a little more break-in, lube, fine tuning or all of the above. The PM2 IS smooth. Some may be tighter than others out of the box; just sample variation really.
Thought so. Problem is I stripped out the pivot screw trying to loose it a tad. I forgot USA models used red loctite :eek:

Won't make that mistake twice.

User avatar
Mushroom
Member
Posts: 1412
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2015 2:45 pm
Location: Boston, Ma. U.S.A. Earth

Re: Which spyderco is in the mail?

Postby Mushroom » Sat Jul 06, 2019 1:20 pm

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Sat Jul 06, 2019 12:08 pm
Mushroom wrote:
Sat Jul 06, 2019 12:01 pm
Ouroboros! Had to pull the trigger before it was too late. :D
Great price and I knew I would regret missing out on this one in a couple years when it's impossible to find!
Nice! Would like see some usage/impressions. Pretty rare knife.
Sure thing, I'm excited to try it out!
- Nick

:spyder:

User avatar
emanuel
Member
Posts: 148
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:51 am

Re: Which spyderco is in the mail?

Postby emanuel » Sun Jul 07, 2019 3:17 am

Yellow Pacific Salt, serrated. Getting ready for my vacation to Greece next month :D Checked their knife laws, I'm good to go! Hopefully it gets here by Monday, it's been 2 years since I sold my first one. I regretted it, I'm very excited about owning the knife again!

amateur blacksmith
Member
Posts: 22
Joined: Wed Sep 12, 2018 1:59 am
Location: Australia

Re: Which spyderco is in the mail?

Postby amateur blacksmith » Sun Jul 07, 2019 6:36 am

I've also got a Cruwear Manix 2 coming. I'm excited to put it to use.

User avatar
z4vdBt
Member
Posts: 346
Joined: Fri Sep 12, 2014 9:42 pm
Location: U.S.A. Earth

Re: Which spyderco is in the mail?

Postby z4vdBt » Mon Jul 08, 2019 2:29 am

Endura 4 ZDP-189.

User avatar
Wartstein
Member
Posts: 2545
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:06 am
Location: Salzburg, Austria, Europe

Re: Which spyderco is in the mail?

Postby Wartstein » Mon Jul 08, 2019 4:11 am

z4vdBt wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 2:29 am
Endura 4 ZDP-189.
Great choice!! I had one, the british racing green looks really cool. At the time I had it, ZDP was a bit hard too sharpen for me. Since then my skills have improved (though not by much tbh... :o ), I´ll have to give it another try eventually!
Top three going by pocket-time: Endura 4 in VG 10/Micarta-scales; Stretch 1 in VG 10; Endura 4 in HAP 40

User avatar
gibs0n
Member
Posts: 78
Joined: Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:11 am

Re: Which spyderco is in the mail?

Postby gibs0n » Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:40 am

V-Toku 2 Meerkat. Haven’t owned a meerkat since I lost my Golden 440C one.

ihped1
Member
Posts: 102
Joined: Tue Apr 09, 2019 2:40 pm
Location: Saskatchewan, Canada

Re: Which spyderco is in the mail?

Postby ihped1 » Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:51 am

Well I said I wouldn't get the knifecenter exclusive manix 2 because I just got the knifeworks exclusive. But I placed an order so we'll see if it goes through.

User avatar
Jazz
Member
Posts: 7215
Joined: Sun Jul 01, 2007 7:46 pm
Location: Alberta, Canada

Re: Which spyderco is in the mail?

Postby Jazz » Mon Jul 08, 2019 2:35 pm

The mail woman is toting around an Endela and wharnie Dfly of mine. Hope she doesn’t get lost. 😮😦😬🤪
- best wishes, Jazz.

User avatar
Crux
Member
Posts: 1296
Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:29 pm
Location: North Carolina USA

Re: Which spyderco is in the mail?

Postby Crux » Mon Jul 08, 2019 3:28 pm

The Spyderco C223GPDGY Para 3 Maxamet satin plain blade with dark gray G10 handles.

Image
Can you find it and can it cut? :eek:

User avatar
z4vdBt
Member
Posts: 346
Joined: Fri Sep 12, 2014 9:42 pm
Location: U.S.A. Earth

Re: Which spyderco is in the mail?

Postby z4vdBt » Tue Jul 09, 2019 2:34 am

Wartstein wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 4:11 am
z4vdBt wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 2:29 am
Endura 4 ZDP-189.
Great choice!! I had one, the british racing green looks really cool. At the time I had it, ZDP was a bit hard too sharpen for me. Since then my skills have improved (though not by much tbh... :o ), I´ll have to give it another try eventually!

Thanks! The Endura 4 FFG is now my favorite Spyderco, and has taken PM2's top spot. Or, a six in one half dozen in the other type situation lol.

:)

User avatar
Wartstein
Member
Posts: 2545
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:06 am
Location: Salzburg, Austria, Europe

Re: Which spyderco is in the mail?

Postby Wartstein » Tue Jul 09, 2019 3:07 am

z4vdBt wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 2:34 am
Wartstein wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 4:11 am
z4vdBt wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 2:29 am
Endura 4 ZDP-189.
Great choice!! I had one, the british racing green looks really cool. At the time I had it, ZDP was a bit hard too sharpen for me. Since then my skills have improved (though not by much tbh... :o ), I´ll have to give it another try eventually!

Thanks! The Endura 4 FFG is now my favorite Spyderco, and has taken PM2's top spot. Or, a six in one half dozen in the other type situation lol.

:)
FFG Endura is great. In my case constantly competing with the Stretch 1 for the position "best folder ever".

Probably I'll never be able to deciseivly choose a winner... :o
Top three going by pocket-time: Endura 4 in VG 10/Micarta-scales; Stretch 1 in VG 10; Endura 4 in HAP 40


Return to “Spyderco General Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Airlsee, Ankerson, bbturbodad, Bing [Bot], dsvirsky, Evil D, FK, Google [Bot], JuPaul, Majestic-12 [Bot], mjcarp, Mushroom, Peacedivision, SLOSpyder, Spyder_Flick, Theldraskien and 36 guests