Which spyderco is in the mail?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Omlin

Re: Which spyderco is in the mail?

Post by Omlin »

Sharp Guy wrote:
Omlin wrote:Manix 2 LW s110v - it will be my largest folder. Any advice on how to fluff & buff it to make it smoother?
What are you trying to make smoother? The action? If so, all my Manix 2 LWs were pretty smooth from the start.
Thanks Sharp. I've read some owners complain about stiff locks. The only knife I've owned with a ball bearing lock is a Mini Griptillian - gave it away one Christmas after I got a Delica.
gingerninja

Post by gingerninja »

Just ordered a sage 3 to replace the 1 I misplaced.
phurgawtin

Post by phurgawtin »

Maxamet Manix 2.

Never owned a ball-bearing lock
Never owned Maxamet
Never owned a Manix.
Never owned an FRCP knife (although plenty of FRN)

4 birds with 1 stone.
SC_PATRIOT

Post by SC_PATRIOT »

Maxamet PM2 from an Amazon vendor. Only place I could still find one.
Carlito555

Post by Carlito555 »

steelcity16 wrote:
Carlito555 wrote:Vtoku dragonfly and stretch, para 2 od green, and bento para 3....man I feel guilty :) ;)
I presume you mean "pre-ordered", rather than actually in the mail, otherwise I will need to know your connections! :eek:
Hahaha, Yes pre ordered of course, now I do have sage 5 coming tomorrow and still anxiously awaiting the other releases
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

So...... I have a Temperance 1 on the way to my house. I was torn as the Temp 2 was also an option, but I wanted the original. Hoping it is what I'm looking for.
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*
Spydersense

Post by Spydersense »

Just pulled a KW Millie from the mailbox.
Time for another :spyder:!

-Matt
Jpd0144

Post by Jpd0144 »

Well ... I’m a late bloomer on knives breaking the $100 mark. Not necessarily to Spyderco as I have purchased quiet a few H1 models and a few Delica/Endura’s since 1996. Today I ordered my first pm2 standard model in digi/s30v. We’ll see how it goes ! LoL
mjdragonfly

Post by mjdragonfly »

Oh no order number three in only a months time. This time both are for me (as opposed to gifts) an Endura 4 in ZDP 189 (C10PGRE) and a Manix 2 in fine texture thick black G10 (no liners) with CPM S30V steel with a mid back lock (C101MBGP2). Oh boy can't wait.
Attachments
Spyderco Endura 4 in ZDP 189.jpg
Spyderco Manix 2 with back lock.jpg
Calgary on the Bow
MichaelScott

Post by MichaelScott »

Polestar from the Spyderco online store. Reports to follow now and then
Overheard at the end of the ice age, “We’ve been having such unnatural weather.”

http://acehotel.blog

Team Innovation
SG89

Post by SG89 »

para 3 cf s90v
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
Sjucaveman

Post by Sjucaveman »

Manix xl and shaman dlc
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13
Adam
Bdubs808

Post by Bdubs808 »

Been a while since I posted in this thread. I'm happy to report that a Para 3 S90V carbon fiber Sprint is en route to my PO Box right now :)
FWR132

Post by FWR132 »

mjdragonfly wrote:Oh no order number three in only a months time. This time both are for me (as opposed to gifts) an Endura 4 in ZDP 189 (C10PGRE) and a Manix 2 in fine texture thick black G10 (no liners) with CPM S30V steel with a mid back lock (C101MBGP2). Oh boy can't wait.

Man let me know how that endura 4 fares, interested in that one myself
From my heart to yours,
Nigel
Brunei Darussalam

Current
Tenacious
Para Military 2

On the way
Endura 4
mjdragonfly

Post by mjdragonfly »

FWR132 wrote:
mjdragonfly wrote:Oh no order number three in only a months time. This time both are for me (as opposed to gifts) an Endura 4 in ZDP 189 (C10PGRE) and a Manix 2 in fine texture thick black G10 (no liners) with CPM S30V steel with a mid back lock (C101MBGP2). Oh boy can't wait.

Man let me know how that endura 4 fares, interested in that one myself
I have a Delica 4 in ZDP-189 and a Delica 4 in VG10, the ZDP is a much harder edge and holds that edge much longer compare to the VG10. I can hand sharpen the VG10 steel with not much issue for a beginner but the ZDP is not so easy. I do have a fixed angle sharpening system and I may have to get handy with that to use on the ZDP. The ZDP gets every bit as sharp as the VG10 in fact my ZDP knives (the other a Dragonfly 2 and a second ZDP Delica 4 I gifted) all came sharper than any of the VG10 knives I have purchased though they were quite sharp out of the box. The ZDP seems to just stay sharp a lot longer. It can be stropped back up to very sharp when the edge starts to seem a little less sharp. I can push cut through a fat leak making very fine slices of less than a 1/16" thick. Don't get me wrong I very much like the Delica 4 and Dragonfly 2 in VG10 and I won't part with them they get very sharp real fast and it's not hard to do. The VG10 holds an edge longer than any of the previous knives I ever owned so they are a treat for me.
I got the Endura 4 to use mainly as a food prep knife and for times when I need a longer blade. I don't need to carry a long knife in my pocket. I feel like the Manix 2 is a big blade for me to walk around with and most of the time I forget that I have the Dragonfly in my other pocket. The Delica 4 is a very comfortable knife size for me. I would like to try other steels in eithe a Dragonfly 2 or in a Delica 4 asthat saves money and know that I will use those knives more than my larger more expensive knives. Might try a V-toku 2 steel but not sure how it is different than the ZDP 189?
I am starting to think that between the ZDP and the Maxamet they are probably some of the very best steel out there. Not sure what I could buy that would make either of these two steels pale by comparison? My main interest is in a steel that has great edge retention and stability so I can go a long time between sharpening.
I just got gifted a couple of century old German straight razors, a Crown Sword and Wester Bros. Both razors made in Solingen just after the turn of the century. Have to find a couple of decent stones now to learn to sharpen them to shave with. Razors are a whole other level of sharp. Wonder if I could bet a 52100 knife to sub as a razor? It's the right kind of steel for the job. Any razor guys who could make some stone suggestions? I am getting stretched with my recent spyder binge and I am learning that fine stones do not come cheap. Thinking maybe a two sided 2000/8000 I really don't know. Thanks for any suggestions.
Last edited by mjdragonfly on Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Calgary on the Bow
mjdragonfly

Post by mjdragonfly »

Sjucaveman wrote:A lc200n mule and CPM-20CV mule along with 3-d halpern scales. This spyderco addiction is costly but fun.
looking forward to your impressions of the CPM 20cv mule. Looks like a very nice steel for not a lot of money. It should compare to other well regarded steels. What other steels will you be making direct comparison to?
Calgary on the Bow
jacala

Post by jacala »

Two "Safe Queens" and one "User" .
A Spyderco Delica all black- User.
Safe Queens: A Spyderco Manix 2 all black and a Spyderco Para 3 serrated. :-)
toocool006

Post by toocool006 »

Techno!!!
~andrew
Rhodie

Post by Rhodie »

Just got my 'Pre-Shipment Notice' this morning from PayPal, in route is a PM3 Blue m390.
Bdubs808

Post by Bdubs808 »

Only a few days ago I received a Para 3 CF Sprint in the mail, later today I get to pickup a Para 3 M390 Sprint, hurray!