Which spyderco is in the mail?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Milkman

Post by Milkman »

I ordered a Karahawk as a belated birthday present for myself. Howe's had a few overstocked for a price too good to pass up.
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

My user foliage green Paramilitary1 D2 came yesterday. The D-fly is not new -- it just likes to hang out with the FG big boys and mug the camera.

K-390 on hand: Mule Team 17, Police 4 G-10, Endela (burlap micarta), Endela backup, Endura (canvas micarta), Straight Stretch (now blade-swapped with G-10 Stretch), Delica Wharncliffe, Dragonfly Wharncliffe, & Dragonfly Wharncliffe shorty mod
Note to self: Less is more.
Spydersense

Post by Spydersense »

xceptnl wrote:Excellent trade IMO. You got the better of that deal. VG-10, H1 and Superblue will make such a well rounded EDC package. Not everyone carries 3 knives at once, but those would barely be noticeable. I would bet the weight of those 3 equals the 300-1.
Thanks. I thought I made out pretty well. I get to try out the different steels without spending any extra money right now. :)
Time for another :spyder:!

-Matt
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

FCM415 wrote:Flitz is AWESOME Doug. It's a polish, protectant, even a mild scratch remover. It can remove rust, corrosion such as a patina... Can even use it as a strop compound. I use it to treat my blades which keeps it looking polished and protected from corrosion i.e. water beads off of it, I polish the pivot area such as the tang and bronze washers for a smoother action, treat the metal liners to prevent rust. It works on a lot of stuff around the house too. I also have a modest watch collection and I polish the watch and bracelet with it.

No I dont work for Flitz haha, I just think its an excellent product that everyone should try.
I know, and you don't even play a Flitz salesman on TV I'm sure :D But thanks for the information. I've seen it mentioned dozens of times on the forums, but there were several kinds at Amazon and I was a little confused. I got the one labeled "Metal, Plastic, & Fiberglass Polish, Anti-Tarnish Formula. Lasts up to 6 months!" They didn't seem to have one just for metal. It mentions practically all metals but non-stainless steal. Says it protects yet says "Do not let dry." Polish and buff before it drys... does this sound like the type all the Knife Knuts use? I may use it to buff out some very fine longitudinal scratches on my "new" D2 blade. I'll try Scotch Brite and 0000 steel wool first. Apparently somebody at some point removed the patina and left scratches. They're so fine they're hardly noticeable, but I'd like to see what happens.

Do you just polish and leave it as is, or do you wash off any leftover residue? (This is not a Spyderco, but I did get it in the mail, so maybe it's only half off topic, sorry)
K-390 on hand: Mule Team 17, Police 4 G-10, Endela (burlap micarta), Endela backup, Endura (canvas micarta), Straight Stretch (now blade-swapped with G-10 Stretch), Delica Wharncliffe, Dragonfly Wharncliffe, & Dragonfly Wharncliffe shorty mod
Note to self: Less is more.
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

DougC-3 wrote:I know, and you don't even play a Flitz salesman on TV I'm sure :D But thanks for the information. I've seen it mentioned dozens of times on the forums, but there were several kinds at Amazon and I was a little confused. I got the one labeled "Metal, Plastic, & Fiberglass Polish, Anti-Tarnish Formula. Lasts up to 6 months!" They didn't seem to have one just for metal. It mentions practically all metals but non-stainless steal. Says it protects yet says "Do not let dry." Polish and buff before it drys... does this sound like the type all the Knife Knuts use? I may use it to buff out some very fine longitudinal scratches on my "new" D2 blade. I'll try Scotch Brite and 0000 steel wool first. Apparently somebody at some point removed the patina and left scratches. They're so fine they're hardly noticeable, but I'd like to see what happens.

Do you just polish and leave it as is, or do you wash off any leftover residue? (This is not a Spyderco, but I did get it in the mail, so maybe it's only half off topic, sorry)
I have lots of experience with Flitz. I have even seen it prevent the patina on Superblue after the first treatment. I used flitz and a green scotchbrite pad to polish out the scratches from my D2 Para. The trick wit Flitz is to use a small amount, work in a small area, and do not let it dry (don't stop moving the cloth or pad). As soon as you are done polishing, wipe it off. I have even found the polish alone to be abrasive enough for some steels with just my finger doing the scrubbing duty. When it no longer turns black, you are really getting it clean and polished.
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*
opusxpn

Post by opusxpn »

still waiting on my pacific salt one more day and then its mine all mine
Keep'em sharp :spyder: 9 Enduras, 4 Manix, Manix XL DLC, 3 Delicas, 5 Ladybug, 2 Manbug, 4 Dragonfly, Pingo, Cat, 3 Salt1, Pacific salt, Tasman, 3 stretch, 2 Tenacious, Resiliance, Robyn2 G10, 2byrd hawkbill, 4Para2, 2Military, native5 frn, Bradley folder, SpyDK, Kiwi, MT19, salt saver, Street bowie, Roadie,Squeak, 5 UKPK, k05 SE, k04 SE & PE
Tom.Y

Post by Tom.Y »

Just received my Orange Endura 4 FFG.
It's my first Spyderco, but definitely not the last, thinking of Salt or maybe PM.
Heaven!!

cheers,
tom
The_Marshall

Post by The_Marshall »

Just ordered the Ed Schempp Equilibrium in stainless and the Cricket Nishijin in black glass fiber. need some more small gentleman knives for my collection.
Kylems11

Post by Kylems11 »

Very exciting day for me managed to find and just ordered 2 native 5s from 2 different sites got the last one on each. And my super blue stretch is also in the mail.
tk59194

Post by tk59194 »

Bradley Folder & Super Blue Stretch
mark jeneson

Post by mark jeneson »

Scooped up one of the last Zulus sittin on the shelves. She'll be here Saturday! Pretty pumped! #6 in the Spydie realm, and no signs of stopping...
tvenuto

Post by tvenuto »

It would appear I'm not alone in this, but I now have a Green P2 on the way. It's surprise-knife-Thursday apparently.
LC Kid

Post by LC Kid »

^^ Ditto ^^ :D
Stay Sharp!
Mjc1973

Post by Mjc1973 »

Waiting on my 2nd Spyderco and 1st PM2. It's killing me.
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

LC Kid wrote:^^ Ditto ^^ :D
What he said
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*
opusxpn

Post by opusxpn »

Finally got my Pacific Salt cool knife, I need to slow down a bit I got kind of excited this month and spent more than I was supposed to, so my wallet needs a break unless is a super deal. If Manbug or Dragonfly super blue become available.[ATTACH]23425[/ATTACH]
Attachments
pacificsalt.jpg
Keep'em sharp :spyder: 9 Enduras, 4 Manix, Manix XL DLC, 3 Delicas, 5 Ladybug, 2 Manbug, 4 Dragonfly, Pingo, Cat, 3 Salt1, Pacific salt, Tasman, 3 stretch, 2 Tenacious, Resiliance, Robyn2 G10, 2byrd hawkbill, 4Para2, 2Military, native5 frn, Bradley folder, SpyDK, Kiwi, MT19, salt saver, Street bowie, Roadie,Squeak, 5 UKPK, k05 SE, k04 SE & PE
Spydersense

Post by Spydersense »

My trade trio came in today. :D I'm digging the D4 wave. :cool:

Time for another :spyder:!

-Matt
rodloos

Post by rodloos »

This week I should be receiving 2 SB Stretch's (from 2 different vendors), a SB Ladybug, and another PM2. Already this week I received a Battle Horse Knives Bushcrafter in orange/black from Howe's.
Which Knife, A or B? get Both! (and C, D and E) :)
762cal

Post by 762cal »

2 Clipitools w/ scissors
a Military in ATS34
Holland

Post by Holland »

2 orange dragonflys, and 2 superblue ladybugs :D
-Spencer

Rotation:
Gayle Bradley 2 | Mantra 1 | Watu | Chaparral 1 | Dragonfly 2 Salt SE