Which spyderco is in the mail?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Raylas

Re: Which spyderco is in the mail?

Post by Raylas »

vivi wrote:
Thu Sep 02, 2021 10:25 pm
Raylas wrote:
Thu Sep 02, 2021 9:26 pm
Ordered a Street Bowie, it should be here tomorrow.

Coming with it are CBN rods, a UF rod, and a classic medium-fine DoubleStuff stone.

Fingers crossed the grommets on the sheath won't be rattly. I've heard that's a minor issue with the Street Bowie. That said I also own a mallet.
Nice. Don't see many people posting those. I like mine enough I've bought it twice.

I finally figured out which one I'm ordering this weekend.

Yeah, I love the way it looks! I heard pretty much all good things about the design, doesn't cost too much, and I was in the market for a medium-sized fixed blade. I was gonna use the CBN rods to re-profile it to 15 DPS on my sharpmaker and turn it into a personal defense lightsaber. Assuming I even have to, it looks like it's not far off that to begin with.

I'll try to throw some pictures up here if I get a chance.

What are you ordering this weekend?
skeeg11

Post by skeeg11 »

Serrated UKPK Salt on the way. Had to tack on a K390 Ladybug to make free freight. I'm a happy camper. :smlling-eyes
vivi

Post by vivi »

Raylas wrote:
Thu Sep 02, 2021 10:37 pm
vivi wrote:
Raylas wrote:

Coming with it are CBN rods, a UF rod, and a classic medium-fine DoubleStuff stone.

Fingers crossed the grommets on the sheath won't be rattly. I've heard that's a minor issue with the Street Bowie. That said I also own a mallet.
Nice. Don't see many people posting those. I like mine enough I've bought it twice.

Yeah, I love the way it looks! I heard pretty much all good things about the design, doesn't cost too much, and I was in the market for a medium-sized fixed blade. I was gonna use the CBN rods to re-profile it to 15 DPS on my sharpmaker and turn it into a personal defense lightsaber. Assuming I even have to, it looks like it's not far off that to begin with.

The Perrins come thicker than that, so taking it to 15dps would be a good idea. I took mine to around 12-15 dps and gave it a coarse edge, cuts great now.

:cheap-sunglasses
:unicorn
Raylas

Post by Raylas »

vivi wrote:
Fri Sep 03, 2021 5:55 pm
Raylas wrote:
Thu Sep 02, 2021 10:37 pm
vivi wrote:
Raylas wrote:

The Perrins come thicker than that, so taking it to 15dps would be a good idea. I took mine to around 12-15 dps and gave it a coarse edge, cuts great now.

:cheap-sunglasses
Nice, a yojimbo!

I got my perrin, and it actually came out of the box at 16DPS, according to my angle gauge. Thing was shaving sharp out of the box, and I took a UF stone to it, and now it's just the most aggressively sharp edge I've ever seen on a spyderco.

As to the sheath.... well, it fits nice, as expected of the fact it's plastic it doesn't dull the edge...... but 3 of the grommets are jinglebells. I'll be fixing that issue, as I said: I own a mallet.
vivi

Post by vivi »

Nice! That's a little thinner than my two.
:unicorn
Raylas

Post by Raylas »

Yeah, she's got a very thin grind, and after the UF stone, I'd bet I could shave my face with it if I wanted to. Got the clip positioned how I like it, just need to fix those grommets on the sheath, everything else is perfect!

Honestly I could probably just ask Spyderco for a sheath to replace the one I got, but I'm not wasting a perfectly good sheath if I think I can fix it by smacking it.
JRinFL

Post by JRinFL »

Raylas wrote:
Fri Sep 03, 2021 11:29 pm
Yeah, she's got a very thin grind, and after the UF stone, I'd bet I could shave my face with it if I wanted to. Got the clip positioned how I like it, just need to fix those grommets on the sheath, everything else is perfect!

Honestly I could probably just ask Spyderco for a sheath to replace the one I got, but I'm not wasting a perfectly good sheath if I think I can fix it by smacking it.
That’s a philosophy I can understand! :cheap-sunglasses
"...it costs nothing to be polite." - Winston Churchill
“Maybe the cheese in the mousetrap is an artificially created cheaper price?” -Sal
Friends call me Jim. As do my foes.
M.N.O.S.D. 0001
islandpar

Post by islandpar »

PM2 with Wharncliffe Blade...I got stop saying "it'll be my very last purchase..."
"Remember, it is never the knife's fault." - Daniel Boulud

18 Spyders and counting...
KnotTheory

Post by KnotTheory »

After discovering I had a significant amount of rewards points about to expire at a retailer, I opted for a Police 4 in K390. It was agonizing between that and the Stretch 2, but the Police just called to me. I was nearly responsible, but then I went and bought two MXG clips (one for the knife yet to come and one for my Yojimbo 2, which I think would benefit a great deal from a deeper carry clip in a matte black).
⟨ x , y ∣ x 2 = y 3
mikey177

Post by mikey177 »

Stretch 2 in ZDP-189 (the one with green FRN)
SpyderLine

Post by SpyderLine »

A SE Sheepshoove Caribbean
Current Top 3
Kapara, Native 5, Pacific Salt 2
M.N.O.S.D #0034

"If you could kick the person in the pants responsible for most of your trouble, you wouldn't sit for a month."
-Theodore Roosevelt
JuPaul

Post by JuPaul »

JRinFL wrote:
Thu Aug 26, 2021 7:59 am
JuPaul wrote:
Wed Aug 25, 2021 9:42 pm
Well this actually just arrived in the mail, but I've wanted a Lum Chinese as long as I've been on the forum! Finally got one, so very happy mail call!

It looks giant in your hands!
That's because it is giant in my hands! I didn't realize they were so big. I still love it, but I'm looking more at the Lil Lums now.
- Julia

"Be excellent to each other." - Bill S. Preston, Esq.
AverageKCGuy

Post by AverageKCGuy »

Two Delica 4 FRNs PE for my two oldest sons. They will be their first "good" knives.
Jim Malone

Post by Jim Malone »

Black manbug in VG10
Airlsee

Post by Airlsee »

Jim Malone wrote:
Mon Sep 06, 2021 3:38 pm
Black manbug in VG10

Glad you were able to find one.
So it goes.
lilshaver

Post by lilshaver »

Dragonfly in ZDP- 189. For my wife to replace her ladybug EDC. We will see how that works out????
Bdubs808

Post by Bdubs808 »

Been seriously itching to try out the Spyopera so I finally have one on the way thanks to a Labor Day sale, heck yes.
Senfkarte

Post by Senfkarte »

Endela Blue K390. Wanted to try K390 and giving the Seki fit and finish a second chance.
MFlovejp

Post by MFlovejp »

ZDP Stretch 2. They've seemed rare-ish lately and I have not yet owned a Stretch model. As I have a good bit of K390 already I opted for the ZDP and older blade shape.
Current Carries: Military 4V, Stretch XL Cruwear, Sage 1 CF, Siren Sprint S90V, ZDP Delica
Wishlist: Cruwear Military, Super Blue Caly 3.5
Favorite Steels: CTS-XHP, Cruwear, ZDP-189, LC200N
SG89

Post by SG89 »

Another para 3
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb