Which spyderco is in the mail?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Ramonade

Re: Which spyderco is in the mail?

Post by Ramonade »

Manixguy@1994 wrote:
Fri Jan 07, 2022 12:09 pm
Imagejust picked up number 2 . Waiting for Sharpener to begin the challenge. MG2
Noice ! I don't really know why but I love the clip on the Native 5 LWs (and the one on the S110V looks the best).
Congrats :)
:respect In the collection :respect : Lots of different steels, in lots of different (and same) Spydercos.

Robin. Finally made an IG : ramo_knives

MNOSD member 004* aka Mr. N5s :face-clouds
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

Ramonade wrote:
Fri Jan 07, 2022 12:53 pm
Manixguy@1994 wrote:
Fri Jan 07, 2022 12:09 pm
Imagejust picked up number 2 . Waiting for Sharpener to begin the challenge. MG2
Noice ! I don't really know why but I love the clip on the Native 5 LWs (and the one on the S110V looks the best).
Congrats :)
I think the clip is fine too . I did order a Lynch long clip for the new Pacific taking advantage of their discount. MG2
MNOSD 0002 / Do more than is required of you . Patton
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
RustyIron

Post by RustyIron »

How big is too big?

As I've said before, the Manix 2 is the Goldilocks Knife. It's nice in all respects.
But I enjoy the longer and more slender blade of the Endura.

Is it possible that the Police could be even better?
Is a pocket knife nearly a foot long totally absurd?

There's only one way to know for sure. Last night I ordered up a plain edge Police in K390. It's now in the mail, and could very well be here by the end of the week. When that giant blade shows up, I'm gonna feel like Ned Stark.

Manixguy@1994

Re:

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

RustyIron wrote:
Mon Jan 10, 2022 4:43 pm

How big is too big?

As I've said before, the Manix 2 is the Goldilocks Knife. It's nice in all respects.
But I enjoy the longer and more slender blade of the Endura.

Is it possible that the Police could be even better?
Is a pocket knife nearly a foot long totally absurd?

There's only one way to know for sure. Last night I ordered up a plain edge Police in K390. It's now in the mail, and could very well be here by the end of the week. When that giant blade shows up, I'm gonna feel like Ned Stark.

My preference is larger knives and I think you will like the Police just fine . I doubt you will be unhappy how it sits in pocket if you like the Endura. The Police has been a favorite for a long time and looking forward to the SS scale upgrade release in the future . Let us know what your impressions are after testing it out . MG2
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
vivi

Post by vivi »

I think you'll be surprised, the Police doesn't carry much different than an Endura.
:unicorn
Blnd

Post by Blnd »

Knife center was slow on getting my Para 3 shipped, and now it’s stuck in a USPS loop.

Can’t catch a break. Will find another vendor next time.
Ramonade

Post by Ramonade »

Blnd wrote:
Tue Jan 11, 2022 10:59 pm
Knife center was slow on getting my Para 3 shipped, and now it’s stuck in a USPS loop.

I empathize with ya. My MagnaCut mules are still in LA or idk know where, it's been more than a month and it's not even close to coming in the mailbox :pleading

On another note : My bro wanted to thank me for the Native 5 G10 i gifted him some time ago this last year, so he ordered me a Native 5 LW in SPY27 ! That's a good brother :rofl
I'll be able to compare notes with Jsumm!

edit : time paradox
:respect In the collection :respect : Lots of different steels, in lots of different (and same) Spydercos.

JRinFL

Post by JRinFL »

My Salt Native 5 SE order was canceled by the seller after a year of backorder. They claim they can't get the order filled. I suspect that it is due to the switch to MC and the old SKU and price are no longer valid. The gave me a "sorry about that, buddy" coupon at least.

Due the sticker shock on some models in the recent reveal, I went back to backfilling the collection. I have a Mantra 2 coming soon. I also added an all black Manbug Wharncliffe.

If you haven't started backfilling (i.e. buying older discontinued models) now is the time to start, before sellers catch wise and start jacking prices to keep pace with new Spyidies.
"...it costs nothing to be polite." - Winston Churchill
“Maybe the cheese in the mousetrap is an artificially created cheaper price?” -Sal
Friends call me Jim. As do my foes.
M.N.O.S.D. 0001
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

Ramonade wrote:
Wed Jan 12, 2022 7:56 am
Blnd wrote:

I empathize with ya. My MagnaCut mules are still in LA or idk know where, it's been more than a month and it's not even close to coming in the mailbox :pleading

On another note : My bro wanted to thank me for the Native 5 G10 i gifted him some time ago this last year, so he ordered me a Native 5 LW in SPY27 ! That's a good brother :rofl

Bugging JSumm is a national past time be sure to have a lot of punch lines . I keep looking at the SPY27 Native but not sure if I like the color . We have a show in our area and know two dealers that will probably have one . I will wait to see if the color works for me . MG2
Henry David Thoreau
JSumm

Post by JSumm »

Manixguy@1994 wrote:
Wed Jan 12, 2022 9:23 am
Ramonade wrote:
Wed Jan 12, 2022 7:56 am
Blnd wrote:

Bugging JSumm is a national past time be sure to have a lot of punch lines . I keep looking at the SPY27 Native but not sure if I like the color . We have a show in our area and know two dealers that will probably have one . I will wait to see if the color works for me . MG2
It is definitely blue. It is definitely not the Manix LW SPY27 blue. That is a different blue. The Manix may even be a little greenish. Unless you point a camera at it and it looks more blue. The green in it is shy.

I may be in the minority of liking the some of the unique blues like what they use for K390 and the Manix LW. The Native 5 is just blue. Maybe dark blue.
- Jeff
May your feet be warm and dry and your throat warm with whiskey. A knife in hand or in the sock band.
MNOSD Member #0005
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

I think when I go to the show in February, I will bring my Native S110V to compare . Your last picture was awesome. MG2
Henry David Thoreau
Ramonade

Post by Ramonade »

Only thing is that it might be too close to my S110V, as MG2 fears ^^.
I know from some people owning both that the S110V is darker than the SPY27.

(But eh, I'll soon have two Native 5 LW in yellow, because of the MagnaCut release lol)

TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Outgoing K390 Endela. I liked the wear resistance of the steel, never had to do anything besides a touchup. I like the knife design as well...I just couldn't do the color of the frn, or the frn itself any longer. After handling a lot of micarta and titanium lately...even G10 has lost it's luster, and frn feels/looks like a budget knife. I guess I'm turning into a true knife snob :disappointed
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
ladybug93

Post by ladybug93 »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Wed Jan 12, 2022 10:41 am
Outgoing K390 Endela. I liked the wear resistance of the steel, never had to do anything besides a touchup. I like the knife design as well...I just couldn't do the color of the frn, or the frn itself any longer. After handling a lot of micarta and titanium lately...even G10 has lost it's luster, and frn feels/looks like a budget knife. I guess I'm turning into a true knife snob :disappointed
frn isn't a problem for me, but frn + budget steel at s30v/g10 prices is a problem.
keep your knife sharp and your focus sharper.
current collection:
C253GBBK, C258GFBL, C101GBBK2, C11GYW, C11FWNB20CV, C101GBN15V2, C101GODFDE2, C60GGY, C149G, C189, C101GBN2, MT35, C211TI, C242CF, C217GSSF, C101BN2, C85G2, C91BBK, C142G, C122GBBK, LBK, LYL3HB, C193, C28YL2, C11ZPGYD, C41YL5, C252G, C130G, PLKIT1
spyderco steels:
CPM 20CV, CPM 15V, CTS 204P, CPM CRUWEAR, CPM S30V, N690Co, M390, CPM MagnaCut, LC200N, CTS XHP, H1, 8Cr13MoV, GIN-1, CTS BD1, VG-10, VG-10/Damascus, 440C
Airlsee

Post by Airlsee »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Wed Jan 12, 2022 10:41 am

I find FRN appealing in either Salt (LC200N) form or a premium steel in an extremely LW package...

I've also started valuing extremely light powerful cutting tools, i.e. UKPK Salt SE, Pac Salt 2 SE, Stretch XL SE...

They don't get carried as much as my more premium knives, but they hold a valuable place in my collection. I don't want to see the line become overpriced or to see everything FRN, but I respect its place much more than I used to.
So it goes.
Team Sick

Post by Team Sick »

Waiting on a Native Chief Sprint Run Rex 45. I know I'm late to the game, but I really like the burnt orange and Rex. Waited to see if I really wanted it and I guess I do. My first Chief! I have the Native 5 Sprint Run and love it. Can't Wait!!!
Superflex

Post by Superflex »

I bit the bullet and have a Fradon Lock Para 2 inbound.
Interested in how the Elmax reacts and the scales had me at first blush
Filoso-

Post by Filoso- »

Schempp Bowie... I've been on the fence of buying one a few times, but something else was showing up always at the same time...When I saw it in the discontinued models list, I knew it was now or never. Despite of being a bit expensive model, I could find a good deal and finally grabbed one.
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Team Sick wrote:
Wed Jan 12, 2022 9:25 pm
Waiting on a Native Chief Sprint Run Rex 45. I know I'm late to the game, but I really like the burnt orange and Rex. Waited to see if I really wanted it and I guess I do. My first Chief! I have the Native 5 Sprint Run and love it. Can't Wait!!!
Well shoot, I see you're from Syracuse as well! I could have let you handle one of mine to make sure you wanted it (which I suspect you will, because it's an AWESOME knife. Was actually carrying mine all week until today)
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
Team Sick

Post by Team Sick »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Thu Jan 13, 2022 11:25 am
Team Sick wrote:
Wed Jan 12, 2022 9:25 pm
Well shoot, I see you're from Syracuse as well! I could have let you handle one of mine to make sure you wanted it (which I suspect you will, because it's an AWESOME knife. Was actually carrying mine all week until today)
Born and Bred. And of course my favorite color is Orange! Imagine that.