Which spyderco is in the mail?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
TkoK83Spy

Re: Which spyderco is in the mail?

Post by TkoK83Spy »

JRinFL wrote:
Wed Apr 13, 2022 8:58 am
In a moment of weakness, I ordered a YoJumbo black on black and a new Polestar. I had to check out the Polestar after Sal's explanation of the design.
Sometimes those turn out to be the best purchases! My SE Dragonfly Salt is in my mailbox right now...talk about a moment of weakness/looking for a reason to buy a knife/successfully justified to the wife...purchase :zany
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
RevMike

Post by RevMike »

OD Green Bow River, PS 52100 PM2, XHP Manix LW are all in the mail right now.
404 :bug-red-white s in 81 steel flavors.
JRinFL

Post by JRinFL »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Wed Apr 13, 2022 9:12 am
JRinFL wrote:
Wed Apr 13, 2022 8:58 am
In a moment of weakness, I ordered a YoJumbo black on black and a new Polestar. I had to check out the Polestar after Sal's explanation of the design.
Sometimes those turn out to be the best purchases! My SE Dragonfly Salt is in my mailbox right now...talk about a moment of weakness/looking for a reason to buy a knife/successfully justified to the wife...purchase :zany
That D'fly Salt might just be the perfect pocketknife, if we are honest with ourselves. However, you never heard that from me! :discguised
"...it costs nothing to be polite." - Winston Churchill
“Maybe the cheese in the mousetrap is an artificially created cheaper price?” -Sal
Friends call me Jim. As do my foes.
M.N.O.S.D. 0001
Ramonade

Post by Ramonade »

I received my new N5 LW and i'm stocked ! It's stonewashed ! Didn't even know that, just knew I had to have this one :

:respect In the collection :respect : Lots of different steels, in lots of different (and same) Spydercos.

Robin. Finally made an IG : ramo_knives

MNOSD member 004* aka Mr. N5s :face-clouds
z1r

Post by z1r »

Ramonade wrote:
Thu Apr 14, 2022 1:09 pm
I received my new N5 LW and i'm stocked ! It's stonewashed ! Didn't even know that, just knew I had to have this one :

Color?
Ramonade

Post by Ramonade »

z1r wrote:
Thu Apr 14, 2022 1:23 pm
Ramonade wrote:
Thu Apr 14, 2022 1:09 pm

Color?
More of an iteration situation. At first, I'm trying to have every PE variant of the N5 LW in standard production . Then I'll try to have discontinued one, the contoured Ti being my grail and the older Natives being bonus.
If the MagnaCut gets out in both PE and SE, I'll certainly buy both for the sake of trying MC's serrations.
:respect In the collection :respect : Lots of different steels, in lots of different (and same) Spydercos.

z1r

Post by z1r »

Sorry, I asked about color because the pic wasn't showing before. My first was a black S35VN. As far as collectability goes, the N5 is my favorite. Really looking forward to the MagnaCut version.
Ramonade

Post by Ramonade »

Oh okay ! imgur is down so I did try this image host, I do not like this one !
I'm looking forward to the GPKNives Rex45 exclusive (hoping they ship internationally) and the MC version as well.

PocketShredder

Post by PocketShredder »

Lil' Sub-Hilt and SpydieChef.
Image:bug-red-white
"All God's critters have knives."
Ramonade

Post by Ramonade »

Found a Native Chief Rex 45 in burnt orange still new at a belgian dealer.
Talked with them on the phone, they had one left yesterday and it was written out of stock today !
I wanted to buy it on the 28th but I immediately called and they actually still had one left, very nice people at the Coutellerie Marcin.

SchoonerBum

Post by SchoonerBum »

Delica Wharncliffe in 20CV, my favorite steel that's not a salt!
Fireman

Post by Fireman »

Spydie Chef
:winking-tongue Mule Team Army 001
MNOSD 008 :usflag
Image Stable Mules; Z-Max, Z-Wear, Magna Cut, SRS13, Rex 76, Rex T15.
Rymanz

Post by Rymanz »

Snagged a used St. Nick's 4V PM2 on ebay for a decent price. Excited to have a beater PM2 and some beater 4V. :smlling-eyes

Only problem is now I can't realistically justify purchasing the DLT Cruwear PM2 that comes out on Tuesday like I planned. They would effectively fill the same role, and the St. Nick's colorway gets my juices pumping more. Plus, I already have a Z-Wear mule for comparison purposes; I am curious how 4V and Cruwear differ. I imagine they are very similar with the 4V having slightly better edge retention due to the higher hardness Spyderco runs theirs at.

Decisions, decisions... :thinking
:bug-red
Models: PM2, Endura 4, Chaparral, Para 3 LW, Rescue 3, Para 3, Shaman, Manix 2, Native 5
Steels: Elmax, S30V, XHP, 4V, VG-10, CPM CRU-WEAR, K390, Z-WEAR, S45VN, 204P, REX 45
Ramonade

Post by Ramonade »

Finally found someone that might be able to sell me a Mule, a B70P Mule \o/
The Native Chief Rex45 is coming very soon, certainly tomorrow or Wednesday max.

Ramonade

Post by Ramonade »

I've received my brand new Chief Rex45. Except it's been stored since they got it. I've got some really minor spots of rust on the blade, and around/inside the thumb hole.
My theory is that they took it out to make the product pictures and it is somehow the one that is left.

Is Flitz the best way to get this out or since it is Rex45 I can remove it with something like the green side of a sponge going parallel to the satin lines ? As for the thumb hole no problem I'll polish it a bit.

Eyesac

Post by Eyesac »

DLT purple Cruware incoming
attila

Post by attila »

A sad few days due to thinning the herd...

DLT DLC Cruwear Manix, Rex 45 Lil’Native, Rex 45 Para 3 LW, and a Crucarta PM2 are all headed to new homes. DLT 20CV Manix will be in the mail today as well. If it sells, a Rex 45 Chief will also be leaving.

That’s 6 knives that I didn’t get a chance to enjoy due to excessive accumulation ☹️
Have: old S30V Native, HAP40 Endura, ZDP DF2, S110V Manix LW, Cru-wear Para 3, SE H1 DF2, S90V Native 5, K390 Urban, SE Pac Salt, P.I.T.S., XHP Manix LW, SB Caly 3, B70P, PMA11, K03, Kapara, REX 45 Military, 154CM Manix LW, Swick, AEB-L Urban, KC Cruwear Manix, M390 PM2, Mantra 2, CruCarta Shaman, M390 Manix, K390 Police 4, S90V Manix LW, Rex 45 Manix LW, 20CV Manix, Rex 45 Lil’Native, Shaman, C208GP, Cruwear Manix, Cruwear Manix, M4 Chief, Z-max!!!

Want: SPY27, K490, Swick 5
Coastal

Post by Coastal »

Stretch 2 XL -- Decided I couldn't wait for SE and/or Salt.

Matriarch 2 -- I liked carrying the Matriarch 2 I bought for gardening so much that I decided to buy a dedicated carry Matriarch 2. If I truly believed a Matriarch 2 Salt was in the works, I would have waited.
JSumm

Post by JSumm »

Coastal wrote:
Fri Apr 29, 2022 10:25 am
Stretch 2 XL -- Decided I couldn't wait for SE and/or Salt.

Matriarch 2 -- I liked carrying the Matriarch 2 I bought for gardening so much that I decided to buy a dedicated carry Matriarch 2. If I truly believed a Matriarch 2 Salt was in the works, I would have waited.
Post up in the Stretch XL discussion thread when you get it. I would like to hear as many thoughts about it as possible.
- Jeff
May your feet be warm and dry and your throat warm with whiskey. A knife in hand or in the sock band.
MNOSD Member #0005
MFlovejp

Post by MFlovejp »

Finally ordered a Siren. Excited to be getting another Golden model and I’ve always loved the looks of this one.

Edit: first new knife/Spyderco of 2022!
Current Carries: Military 4V, Stretch XL Cruwear, Sage 1 CF, Siren Sprint S90V, ZDP Delica
Wishlist: Cruwear Military, Super Blue Caly 3.5
Favorite Steels: CTS-XHP, Cruwear, ZDP-189, LC200N