Which spyderco is in the mail?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
User avatar
xceptnl
Member
Posts: 8585
Joined: Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:48 pm
Location: Tobacco Country, Virginia
Contact:

Postby xceptnl » Fri Jun 13, 2014 6:52 am

Kylems11 wrote:Got a plain edge spyderco embassy on the way thanks to BF. Now i finally have both the plain edge embassy & citadel. Took me a longggg time.
Congrats on completing a sector of your collection, but I am skeptical so ........pics or it didn't happen! :)
Image
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*

User avatar
bearfacedkiller
Member
Posts: 9905
Joined: Sat Jan 04, 2014 1:22 pm
Location: hiding in the woods...

Postby bearfacedkiller » Fri Jun 13, 2014 7:09 am

Scored a Carbon Fiber Balance. :-)
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?

User avatar
Kylems11
Member
Posts: 207
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2014 2:13 pm
Location: MA

Postby Kylems11 » Fri Jun 13, 2014 7:43 am

xceptnl wrote:Congrats on completing a sector of your collection, but I am skeptical so ........pics or it didn't happen! :)

Image


Theres my citadel ebassy should be here saturday. Ill post a pic when i get it in.
My :spyder:'s
Pm2(1), salt 1, dragonfly 2 salt(2), dragonfly 2(1), delica 4(2), tenacious(2), persistence(2), kiwi 3(2), grasshopper, honeybee, bug, native 5 g10, manbug, ladybug, sage 3, southard(turned mini) kiwi 4 g10, manix 2 LW s110v


:spyder:Kyle:spyder:

User avatar
i am travvy
Member
Posts: 743
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:51 pm

Postby i am travvy » Fri Jun 13, 2014 8:13 am

i have a urban and a sharpmaker on the way. also just got in my elmax pm2 last night.

User avatar
xceptnl
Member
Posts: 8585
Joined: Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:48 pm
Location: Tobacco Country, Virginia
Contact:

Postby xceptnl » Fri Jun 13, 2014 9:18 am

Kylems11 wrote:Theres my citadel ebassy should be here saturday. Ill post a pic when i get it in.
Looking forward to the group shot
Image
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*

jmh58
Member
Posts: 1945
Joined: Thu May 23, 2013 7:57 pm
Location: Pgh, Pa

Postby jmh58 » Fri Jun 13, 2014 11:17 am

Got the Kahr Denim Blue Delica coming!! Early B-Day gift to me!!! John
A great rabbit chase ends with a.. BANG!!!

Son.. You need to get off the front porch once n a while!!!

Not all who wander are lost!!!

User avatar
GoldenSpydie
Member
Posts: 2136
Joined: Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:56 am
Location: CO and WY

Postby GoldenSpydie » Fri Jun 13, 2014 11:33 am

Chinook 2. I'm doing the series backwards...the 3, then the 2, then hopefully the 1!

User avatar
xceptnl
Member
Posts: 8585
Joined: Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:48 pm
Location: Tobacco Country, Virginia
Contact:

Postby xceptnl » Fri Jun 13, 2014 11:53 am

GoldenSpydie wrote:Chinook 2. I'm doing the series backwards...the 3, then the 2, then hopefully the 1!
Very nice, I love my Chinook II and wish I had kept my hands on the III that I had in my temporary possession last year. The Chinook I interests me less, but that's just because I prefer the thumb ramp.
Image
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*

User avatar
GoldenSpydie
Member
Posts: 2136
Joined: Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:56 am
Location: CO and WY

Postby GoldenSpydie » Fri Jun 13, 2014 12:40 pm

xceptnl wrote:Very nice, I love my Chinook II and wish I had kept my hands on the III that I had in my temporary possession last year. The Chinook I interests me less, but that's just because I prefer the thumb ramp.
The Chinook 3 was actually my first "collector"/"rare" Spydie. I got it last summer, and that is when my dream of getting a full set of Goldens came about.

Has anyone noticed that the Blackhawk is basically a smaller Chinook 1? Just and interesting thought.

PSquared
Member
Posts: 522
Joined: Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:44 am
Location: Cape Town, South Africa

Postby PSquared » Fri Jun 13, 2014 9:04 pm

Picked up a Calypso, Blackhawk, Jess Horn lightweight, vg10 Caly 3 and a JD Smith on the South African knife site. They have been delivered to my office in South Africa and I don't get there until Thursday so I guess they are still "in the mail".

Deal4
Member
Posts: 104
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2011 2:38 am

Postby Deal4 » Sat Jun 14, 2014 1:42 am

Waiting on my Manix 2 Black LW! Can't wait to start flipping it and driving my wife and friends insane!

User avatar
GoldenSpydie
Member
Posts: 2136
Joined: Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:56 am
Location: CO and WY

Postby GoldenSpydie » Sat Jun 14, 2014 7:30 am

PSquared wrote:Picked up a Calypso, Blackhawk, Jess Horn lightweight, vg10 Caly 3 and a JD Smith on the South African knife site. They have been delivered to my office in South Africa and I don't get there until Thursday so I guess they are still "in the mail".
:eek: What site is this? Do they ship to the US? If I could just order a Blackhawk, you bet I would!

User avatar
bearfacedkiller
Member
Posts: 9905
Joined: Sat Jan 04, 2014 1:22 pm
Location: hiding in the woods...

Postby bearfacedkiller » Sat Jun 14, 2014 8:48 am

PSquared wrote:Picked up a Calypso, Blackhawk, Jess Horn lightweight, vg10 Caly 3 and a JD Smith on the South African knife site. They have been delivered to my office in South Africa and I don't get there until Thursday so I guess they are still "in the mail".
Wow. Very nice.
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?

User avatar
Kylems11
Member
Posts: 207
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2014 2:13 pm
Location: MA

Postby Kylems11 » Sat Jun 14, 2014 12:00 pm

xceptnl wrote:Congrats on completing a sector of your collection, but I am skeptical so ........pics or it didn't happen! :)
Image


Hows that for a picture. Hope i turned you from a skeptic into a believer.
My :spyder:'s
Pm2(1), salt 1, dragonfly 2 salt(2), dragonfly 2(1), delica 4(2), tenacious(2), persistence(2), kiwi 3(2), grasshopper, honeybee, bug, native 5 g10, manbug, ladybug, sage 3, southard(turned mini) kiwi 4 g10, manix 2 LW s110v


:spyder:Kyle:spyder:

User avatar
DougC-3
Member
Posts: 3554
Joined: Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:22 pm
Location: Southeastern USA

Postby DougC-3 » Sat Jun 14, 2014 12:23 pm

My Para2 Elmax came yesterday, the postman botched the (Friday the 13th) delivery, and I picked it up at the P.O. this morning. All is well :) I posted quicky pics on the Elmax Para 2 thread.
:spyder: :cool:

User avatar
xceptnl
Member
Posts: 8585
Joined: Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:48 pm
Location: Tobacco Country, Virginia
Contact:

Postby xceptnl » Sat Jun 14, 2014 8:03 pm

Kylems11 wrote:Image


Hows that for a picture. Hope i turned you from a skeptic into a believer.
*sings* Well I saw those Blades..... now I'm a believer, not a trace of doubt in my mind. I' in love!......
Image
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*

User avatar
GoldenSpydie
Member
Posts: 2136
Joined: Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:56 am
Location: CO and WY

Postby GoldenSpydie » Sat Jun 14, 2014 8:28 pm

Just scored a Squash Bone Kopa for $100 off the 'bay. Gotta love when you "Buy It Now" less than 30 seconds after it is listed! :D

User avatar
Kylems11
Member
Posts: 207
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2014 2:13 pm
Location: MA

Postby Kylems11 » Sat Jun 14, 2014 9:06 pm

xceptnl wrote:*sings* Well I saw those Blades..... now I'm a believer, not a trace of doubt in my mind. I' in love!......

I love them too, the embassy is so much better than the citadel in my opinion. Thanks to blade forums i was lucky to find both of these gems.
My :spyder:'s
Pm2(1), salt 1, dragonfly 2 salt(2), dragonfly 2(1), delica 4(2), tenacious(2), persistence(2), kiwi 3(2), grasshopper, honeybee, bug, native 5 g10, manbug, ladybug, sage 3, southard(turned mini) kiwi 4 g10, manix 2 LW s110v


:spyder:Kyle:spyder:

PSquared
Member
Posts: 522
Joined: Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:44 am
Location: Cape Town, South Africa

Postby PSquared » Sat Jun 14, 2014 10:14 pm

GoldenSpydie wrote: :eek: What site is this? Do they ship to the US? If I could just order a Blackhawk, you bet I would!

It's a private seller on sablade.com The combo edge renegade is still there at $160 ($1=R10.68), international shipping on top of that (welcome to our world). He has indicated South African sales only but is, by the looks of things, considering shipping everything left to the US in a few days.

opusxpn
Member
Posts: 600
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:59 am
Location: South Texas

Postby opusxpn » Thu Jun 19, 2014 8:12 pm

I like the salt 1 and only had it on plain edge I ordered a black one in SE
Keep'em sharp :spyder: 9 Enduras, 4 Manix, Manix XL DLC, 3 Delicas, 5 Ladybug, 2 Manbug, 4 Dragonfly, Pingo, Cat, 3 Salt1, Pacific salt, Tasman, 3 stretch, 2 Tenacious, Resiliance, Robyn2 G10, 2byrd hawkbill, 4Para2, 2Military, native5 frn, Bradley folder, SpyDK, Kiwi, MT19, salt saver, Street bowie, Roadie,Squeak, 5 UKPK, k05 SE, k04 SE & PE


Return to “Spyderco General Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], Hobnob, I_like_knives, jdw, JMM, Monty, nerdlock and 71 guests