Which spyderco is in the mail?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
neuronic

Re: Which spyderco is in the mail?

Post by neuronic »

Got one of these on the way, 52100 CF. Will be my second Spyderco and my first PM2.
Really curious how I'm gonna like it...
holeshot

Post by holeshot »

Found a NIB Native5 Never Summer on BF for a good price. :)
22F290E2-E006-4EFD-B2D9-EE411996EAF1.jpeg
"No matter where you go, there you are"
toocool006

Post by toocool006 »

McBee!
~andrew
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

holeshot wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 4:21 pm
Found a NIB Native5 Never Summer on BF for a good price. :) 22F290E2-E006-4EFD-B2D9-EE411996EAF1.jpeg
What's the story behind this knife? Always found the knife itself pretty cool and interesting.
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
Joey

Post by Joey »

neuronic wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 4:11 pm
Got one of these on the way, 52100 CF. Will be my second Spyderco and my first PM2.
You can’t go wrong with that sprint! Unless you need it for river/lake/ocean use. I really enjoy mine, and have always wanted to swap in a DLC coated blade, and black hardware.
I got a sweet deal on a DLC PM2, just hoping it comes in as described so I can consider that swap some more, but I don’t know if I’ll go through with it.

CF Domino, Black/DLC PM2, and Blue S110V Manix 2 LW inbound.
holeshot

Post by holeshot »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2019 6:00 am
holeshot wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 4:21 pm
Found a NIB Native5 Never Summer on BF for a good price. :) 22F290E2-E006-4EFD-B2D9-EE411996EAF1.jpeg
What's the story behind this knife? Always found the knife itself pretty cool and interesting.
According to the Spyderco’s web site this is their description.
“Through an exclusive arrangement with the Spyderco knife company of Golden, Colorado, Never Summer is proud to offer this unique, limited edition version of their incredibly popular Native® 5 Lightweight folding knife. The blade of this remarkable knife is precision machined from LC200N steel—an extraordinary nitrogen-based alloy used by NASA in the ball bearings of high-performance aerospace equipment. Its advanced alloy composition offers exceptional toughness and edge retention and makes it extremely corrosion resistant. To further increase its resistance to the elements, the blade is cloaked in a black Diamond Like Carbon (DLC) coating that also accentuates its laser engraved Never Summer logo. Its full-flat grind and partially serrated CombinationEdge™ cutting edge ensure superior cutting performance on all types of materials and the Trademark Round Hole™ in the blade allows quick one-handed opening with either hand.

The blade is paired with an ultra-lightweight handle injection molded from tough fiberglass-reinforced nylon (FRN). The bright red handle features Spyderco’s Bi-Directional Texturing™ pattern for a secure grip in even the most demanding conditions and is home to a highly refined back lock mechanism that locks the blade securely open during use. A four-position pocket clip allows the user to configure the knife for right or left-side tip-up or tip-down carry. This feature, along with the back lock and Round Hole, makes every aspect of this knife’s carry and operation completely ambidextrous.

This extraordinary knife was produced in limited quantities and is now available exclusively through Spyderco. Sales will benefit the National Fallen Firefighters Foundation. Please visit the National Fallen Firefighters Foundation for additional information on the services and support that they provide.

Don’t miss this opportunity to show your Never Summer pride and support our nation’s fallen firefighters by owning one of the coolest knives ever made!”
"No matter where you go, there you are"
bearrowland

Post by bearrowland »

A Bug!
Barry

Bonne Journey!

For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two edged sword

Do what you can, where you are, with what you have! Theodore Roosevelt

MNOSD member 0032
SG89

Post by SG89 »

Rock and Roll IKUCHI koo!
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
Doeswhateveraspidercan

Post by Doeswhateveraspidercan »

BBS Special Bento Box Shop Exclusive Bundle 2
(Includes one (1) Spyderco Plain Edge CTS-204P Titanium RIL with Blue G-10 Domino and one (1) Spyderco Plain Edge Dark Blue Lil' Matriarch)

Under $260.00 whats not to love?
Colorodo

Post by Colorodo »

Yojimbo 2.
Maximumsmoochy

Post by Maximumsmoochy »

Got a DLC Lil' Native coming any day now, replacing one I lost
Past: Dragonfly, Air, Rhino, Lil' Native, Techno 2, Caly Jr., Brouwer, Chap LW, Para3, N5, Watu, ‘Chef, Mantra 2, SSStretch, PM2, Smock, Shaman, Advocate, GB2, Kapara, Military, Bradley Bowie, Province

Present: P4 K390 FRN

Future: Para3 Cruwear (someday)

Regrets: Most of them
Joey

Post by Joey »

Doeswhateveraspidercan wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 12:46 pm
BBS Special Bento Box Shop Exclusive Bundle 2
(Includes one (1) Spyderco Plain Edge CTS-204P Titanium RIL with Blue G-10 Domino and one (1) Spyderco Plain Edge Dark Blue Lil' Matriarch)

Under $260.00 whats not to love?
Great choice, and definitely a bundle worth owning.
I love everything about my blue Domino! I put a black(silver spyder) pocket clip on mine and it completes it.

I FINALLY got a Cutlery Shoppe Paramilitary 2 for a good price! Been actively after this knife for almost a year now.
JonLeBlanc

Post by JonLeBlanc »

neuronic wrote:

So how are you liking your new 52100 PM2 Neuronic? (I bet you are lol). I have two of them as well, and I just received my 52100 Para3, and I have to say they are my absolute favorite knives PERIOD. The jewel-like fit and finish just accentuates the pleasure of using and sharpening 52100 steel. It has drained away almost all interest I had in using stainless steels, and I really have no problem keeping them free of corrosion--although I allowed a nice patina to form on one of my PM2's through normal use. I'm so glad Spyderco doesn't shy away from experimenting with many different materials so that it's customers may do so in turn! Enjoy your new knife!
My collection so far: 52100 Military (2); 52100 PM2 (2); 52100 Para3; Stretch2 V-Toku; KnifeWorks M4 PM2; BentoBox M390 PM2; BentoBox S90V Military; Police4 K390; S110V PM2; SS Delica AUS-6; Wayne Goddard Sprint VG-10
Wish list: Hundred Pacer; Sliverax; Mantra; 52100 PM2 SE; Kapara
Bdubs808

Post by Bdubs808 »

Ikuchi gang
bearrowland

Post by bearrowland »

A Delica 4... I can hardly wait!
Barry

Bonne Journey!

For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two edged sword

Do what you can, where you are, with what you have! Theodore Roosevelt

MNOSD member 0032
DSH007

Post by DSH007 »

Spydergirl88 wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 10:32 am
Rock and Roll IKUCHI koo!
Hah, very nice Rick Derringer reference! I pre-ordered my Ikuchi from BHQ.. hopefully it comes sooner than later!

Also.. my GB2, ordered Saturday, is out for delivery today.. Shout out to DLT Trading's super fast shipping!
Rick H.

..well, that escalated quickly..
The Meat man

Post by The Meat man »

Native 5 Maxamet....outgoing, not incoming.
- Connor

"What is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?"
brumledb

Post by brumledb »

HH UKPK Exclusive
neuronic

Post by neuronic »

JonLeBlanc wrote:
Sat Mar 30, 2019 2:57 pm
neuronic wrote:

So how are you liking your new 52100 PM2 Neuronic? (I bet you are lol). I have two of them as well, and I just received my 52100 Para3, and I have to say they are my absolute favorite knives PERIOD. The jewel-like fit and finish just accentuates the pleasure of using and sharpening 52100 steel. It has drained away almost all interest I had in using stainless steels, and I really have no problem keeping them free of corrosion--although I allowed a nice patina to form on one of my PM2's through normal use. I'm so glad Spyderco doesn't shy away from experimenting with many different materials so that it's customers may do so in turn! Enjoy your new knife!

Well, actually I'm a bit torn right now... while I really like the peel ply carbon fiber scales (so grippy!) and the overall ergos, there are some minor flaws and one major one:

- on one scale the carbon fiber has chipped so you can see the steel liner. Just a tiny chip but noticable...
- all inner edges of the carbon fiber scales are very rough, sharp even, especially on the cut-out for the liner lock. You won't notice handling the knife but it's there...
- out of the box because of its weight the knife felt almost flimsy to me but I'm used to bigger, heavier blades, so that's just me and personal preference.

There one thing that's really annoying: the knife has serious lock stick. Not only there's that click when you release the lock but you have to use a good amount of force to release it. And it's gritty all the way, it's not really a single click but rather a seriesof clicks, it's really rough and unpleasant...
I flicked it some hundred times over the last days, the action got noticably smoother already (came pretty dry, oiled it up), but the lock stick hasn't changed a bit.

I will take it apart and have a closer look, I have the feeling it might be the stop pin rather than the tang causing that scratchy feeling when releasing the lock. Someone somewhere wrote he got rid of lock stick on a PM2 by turning the stop pin, so I'll try this.
If it stays, the knife goes, I'm afraid...
lowcountry

Post by lowcountry »

Native 5 Salt SE.

YAYAYAYAYAYA!