Which spyderco is in the mail?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
FWR132

Re: Which spyderco is in the mail?

Post by FWR132 »

Officially, a Blue Endura 4 plain edge is on the way from the USA to a dealer in Singapore! the dealer will then ship it to Brunei! i should have it in the middle of March.

In the same order, my good friend is ordering an Orange Endura 4 plain edge as well. We are two Spyderco enthusiasts :P
From my heart to yours,
Nigel
Brunei Darussalam

Current
Tenacious
Para Military 2

On the way
Endura 4
TriggerThumb

Post by TriggerThumb »

B&C Buck wrote:
TriggerThumb wrote:
B&C Buck wrote:Lost my old weekday/office EDC, a Kershaw Leek. Red and black Delica from Knivesplus in route as replacement.
Nice choice with knivesplus. Just learned about them yesterday, put in my first order today. On your delica, what is red and what is black? Is it dlc?
No DLC. The FRN is red and black. Not a standard Spyderco color, modified by Knives Plus. I am a sucker for red, eyeing a similar PM2 they have.
Oh sweet, kind of like the zome pattern? I love the red dragon, and the Ron Burgundy (which is the one I purchased). I guess I'm partial to red as well :D
Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake.

-Henry David Thoreau
SG89

Post by SG89 »

Caly 3.5 VG10
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

Spydergirl88 wrote:Caly 3.5 VG10
You've been hauling them in heavily lately. Stocking up before you have to buy diapers and stuff? :D
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*
SG89

Post by SG89 »

xceptnl wrote:
You've been hauling them in heavily lately. Stocking up before you have to buy diapers and stuff? :D
the secret is have other people buy the baby stuff... ;) :cool:
Spydergirl88
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

Spydergirl88 wrote:
xceptnl wrote:
the secret is have other people buy the baby stuff... ;) :cool:
#facepalm.... so many years of Spydies missed while buying diapers and formula. Lol

Seriously, I can relate. Because of diaper parties and generous friends... we didn't buy my son diapers until he we 3 and my daughter made it to her 2nd birthday....
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*
i am travvy

Post by i am travvy »

Foliage green jd smith from the bay
SG89

Post by SG89 »

i am travvy wrote:Foliage green jd smith from the bay
nice!
Spydergirl88
TriggerThumb

Post by TriggerThumb »

Spydergirl88 wrote:
TriggerThumb wrote:Para 3 cruwear, para 3 s30v dlc+ signet ring/ Emerson "fang" because everyone needs one tacticool knife.
be sure and post a pic of those when you get them!
:spyder:
Still waiting on signet ring, fang, and deep carry clip for the dlc para.Image
An interesting quote happened to be on the page I took the picture on...
:spyder:
Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake.

-Henry David Thoreau
polyhexamethyl

Post by polyhexamethyl »

a LC200N Mule
dodgie02

Post by dodgie02 »

mjdragonfly wrote:
FWR132 wrote:
mjdragonfly wrote:
FWR132 wrote:a friend and i may be buying VG-10 Endura 4's soon.

Should i pick up a Delica as well?
The Spyderco Trinity - the Dragonfly2, the Delica 4 and the Endura 4 Each one is as special as the others in its own way. In VG10 they are very good in ZDP-189 they are exceptional. If you carry those three knives you will have a bade appropriate for any task and never have to draw out a knife too big or intimidating for the job ant hand. I also had to buy the Dragonfly 2 in Leaf Green G10 scales simply because it is such a fine looking little knife for a dress situation.

Was reading about ZDP189 - heard it was hard to sharpen but holds an edge for ages (one reviewer had his edge for 1.5 years). Was thinking of getting ZDP189 first, but now unsure due to my research on reviews.

about the Dragonfly 2, don't tempt me!! haha, trying not to get too many knives (i know i won't even listen to myself and eventually cave in at some point)
I did exactly this but not all at once so I am only trying to help you save on the shipping. The Dragonfly 2 is an amazing little knife that has no idea that it is small. It is the first thing out of my pocket most of the time. It is such a cute looking little knife that no one has been intimidated by it.
I just recently got a Manix 2 backlock and it has taken over my front right pocket spot just because it is so nice and I use my Endura 4 as my primary kitchen food prep knife so I am using it all the time now.
Oh my I'm so sorry I didn't read up on this till now! How very very kind of you! I'll send you a message later today, if you're offering I'd much appreciate it in the future!!

No new knives incoming yet, I'm torn between a sliverax which I know I'll love, or something smaller like the dragonfly still haha! Thanks my overseas good soul I'll think of you before buying on impulse. Things are insanely expensive here. Even with import tax I save 75 to 100 bucks sometimes depending on the knive! Sigh, worth it though. Spyderco has rekindled my love for blades which I gave up after my grandfather passed. He was an expert and made his own knives but he passed too soon. He would be most impressed by spyderco and their design / philosophy. It seems I'm likely to follow where he left off now though haha!
mjdragonfly

Post by mjdragonfly »

the Dragongly2 with the foliage green G10 scales is a fine looking little knife, comes in VG10 steel, it looks like a small gentleman's knife compared to the FRN version. You can tuck a Dragonfly 2 into a lot of small places as backup even in a boot. Hope that you have some knives made by your father, special to remember him.
Calgary on the Bow
MikeLip

Meerkat!

Post by MikeLip »

The smallest Spyderco so far, except for the Bug. Even smaller than my Firefly. I am spanning the extremes with the Manix 2 XL down to this. So far though the Shaman has been the go-to. This one arrives Friday. First exposure to HAP40/Sus410.
meerkat.jpg
holeshot

Post by holeshot »

xceptnl wrote:
holeshot wrote:Calypso sprint run! :) Finally found one NIB, now the wait :spyder:
Just grabbed one myself. After years of wanting one.
Congrats! You are going to love it! :)
"No matter where you go, there you are"
Hopweaver

Post by Hopweaver »

polyhexamethyl wrote:a LC200N Mule
I got one of those for Christmas from my wife. My first mule. Still need to put scales on it.
:bug-red Make time for the important things in life, and learn to enjoy the little things more. :bug-red
Hopweaver

Post by Hopweaver »

This has been a busy week. In the mail right now: Knifeworks Exclusive S90V/Ti/Carbon Fiber Military, S90V PPT Sprint, Original S30V PPT from Blade Forums. They will all be here by Friday!!!
:bug-red Make time for the important things in life, and learn to enjoy the little things more. :bug-red
Spydersense

Post by Spydersense »

CF PPT
Time for another :spyder:!

-Matt
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

BladeHQ Exclusive Lum Tanto! :D
-Nick :bug-red
PStone

Post by PStone »

PPT sprint and BHQ Lum tanto
BrianMcCord

Post by BrianMcCord »

Cat BD-1 and 79mm Orange Rescue VG-10 via SFO
-Brian

Son's Collection: H1 Rescue Manbug, Tenacious

Rescue 79mm Orange, Cat BD-1, Effecient, Pingo Orange FRN, T-Mag, Urban K390, Lil' Native, Sliverax, Para 3 S110V, Caly 3 HAP 40, R Nishijin, Mantra, Manix 2 LW S110V, Manix 2 Black, Delica 4 Black, PM2 Digi, PM2 Black, Yojimbo 2, Native 5 LW, Dragonfly 2, Military 204P, Wolfspyder, Techno, HAP 40 Ladybug, H1 Hawkbill Ladybug, Blue Persistence, Bradley 2, UKPK SE Gin-1

Looking for an Operation Iraqi Freedom and Operation Enduring Freedom Native. :spyder: