Which spyderco is in the mail?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
TomB7777

Re: Which spyderco is in the mail?

Postby TomB7777 » Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:47 am

Just ordered a Titanium Military to go with the Fluted Titanium Military I recently purchased.

DougC-3

Postby DougC-3 » Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:49 am

Spydergirl88 wrote:Lil Sub hilt. sometimes I buy random knives I don't think I will like just to see if I will be proved wrong lol. *cough cough Battlestation, Vrango*
Sounds like you, like me, don't live at a convenient distance from a big knife store. I pretty much have to buy them to try them out. This has been expensive but fun!! :D
:spyder: :cool:

DougC-3

Postby DougC-3 » Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:19 am

TomB7777 wrote:Just ordered a Titanium Military to go with the Fluted Titanium Military I recently purchased.
I did this a couple of weeks ago, with the help of a forum friend who got me the Ti model at the Seconds Sale, and I've carried it ever since. I really like the heft and balance -- it's a serious work knife. After being unable to resist the blue fluted Ti (in my avatar) a few years ago, I thought I couldn't afford the regular Ti too. Now, at current prices, I'm thinking of a backup :)

SpeedHoles

Postby SpeedHoles » Sun Dec 03, 2017 12:14 pm

DougC-3 wrote:
Spydergirl88 wrote:Lil Sub hilt. sometimes I buy random knives I don't think I will like just to see if I will be proved wrong lol. *cough cough Battlestation, Vrango*
Sounds like you, like me, don't live at a convenient distance from a big knife store. I pretty much have to buy them to try them out. This has been expensive but fun!! :D

Same here. I don't even know of a knife shop within an inconvenient distance from me, haha.
Probably the main reason I've never owned nor tried any model with a fluted handle.

I don't currently have any knives flying through the air aimed at me, but I almost pulled the trigger on a baliyo earlier. I'm not a balisong type, but I've found a recent need for a pen that can go into my pocket (without trying to tear a hole in my pants) so I can write on receipts for a company card while out and about.
Going back to Caly.

DougC-3

Postby DougC-3 » Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:09 pm

SpeedHoles wrote:
DougC-3 wrote:

Same here. I don't even know of a knife shop within an inconvenient distance from me, haha.
Probably the main reason I've never owned nor tried any model with a fluted handle.

It's interesting that you say that, because the only fluted one I own (blue anodized Ti Millie) was one I wouldn't have bought if I hadn't handled it in person in one of may rare trips to a B&M. You ought to try one -- the contoured handles are irresistible once you've handled one.

Spydergirl88

Postby Spydergirl88 » Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:35 pm

Kiwi 4 for me and a couple of DF2's to give as Christmas gifts

Spydersense

Postby Spydersense » Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:41 pm

Lil Native :D
Time for another :spyder:!

-Matt

BrianMcCord

Postby BrianMcCord » Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:11 pm

Sliverax for this dude! I wasn't thinking about getting it until I read everyone raving about it here. Super stoked!
-Brian

Son's Collection: H1 Rescue Manbug, Tenacious

Rescue 79mm Orange, Cat BD-1, Effecient, Pingo Orange FRN, T-Mag, Urban K390, Lil' Native, Sliverax, Para 3 S110V, Caly 3 HAP 40, R Nishijin, Mantra, Manix 2 LW S110V, Manix 2 Black, Delica 4 Black, PM2 Digi, PM2 Black, Yojimbo 2, Native 5 LW, Dragonfly 2, Military 204P, Wolfspyder, Techno, HAP 40 Ladybug, H1 Hawkbill Ladybug, Blue Persistence, Bradley 2, UKPK SE Gin-1

Looking for an Operation Iraqi Freedom and Operation Enduring Freedom Native. :spyder:

jacala

Postby jacala » Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:29 pm

A second Spyderco C88SYL2 Salt 2 (From outfittercountry - Great price & free intl shipping and very reliable.)
IOW,one to lock away and one to use :-)

xceptnl

Postby xceptnl » Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:05 pm

Couldn't stand it any longer. I was wrestling between the PITS and Vrango.... in the end, I got a Memory.
:D
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*

Mushroom

Postby Mushroom » Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:07 pm

Lil' Native on the way! :spyder:
- Nick

:spyder:

jacala

Postby jacala » Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:59 pm

A Second Spyderco Para 2 with Camo Scales and Black Blade (Used-- Factory Second in "as new" condition.)
Already have one in the safe-- this one MIGHT? be a user.

DougC-3

Postby DougC-3 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:40 am

A factory second Manix 2 CF CPM 154/S90V sprint. Got a great deal on the bay. The original CF S90V sprint of 2009 was close to a perfect knife for me, but they only made 400 of them and the last one I saw for sale was priced at $475 :( So the current one has virtually the same good points plus uses an interesting innovative technique for forging its blade laminate. Can't wait for it to get here.

xceptnl

Postby xceptnl » Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:37 pm

Thanks to a tip from a fellow forum member friend, I now have a Caly 3 in HAP40 headed my way. EBay coupon for $15 off if you use it before 8pm eastern.
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*

wolfgaze

Postby wolfgaze » Sat Dec 09, 2017 2:16 am

Two modified Dragonfly 2's from (dealer) KnivesPlus... One safety orange FRN with a dark, stonewashed blade - and one hawkbill with a dyed, tricolor FRN...

Nate

Postby Nate » Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:29 am

DougC-3 wrote:A factory second Manix 2 CF CPM 154/S90V sprint. Got a great deal on the bay...
Congrats! I scored one recently off Ebay as well, it's in my pocket right now. If you got the one that ended a couple of days ago with only one bid, you got a great deal indeed!

I've now got a Chaparral lw in the mail.
:spyder:

DougC-3

Postby DougC-3 » Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:40 am

Nate wrote:
DougC-3 wrote:A factory second Manix 2 CF CPM 154/S90V sprint. Got a great deal on the bay...
Congrats! I scored one recently off Ebay as well, it's in my pocket right now. If you got the one that ended a couple of days ago with only one bid, you got a great deal indeed!

I've now got a Chaparral lw in the mail.
Yep, that's the one :D :D It was one of those few lucky times (for the buyer at least) when nobody seems to notice, and I resisted bidding or hitting the watch button to keep from attracting attention until the last few seconds :o

SC_PATRIOT

Postby SC_PATRIOT » Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:10 am

Arriving on Thursday

Bradley Bowie, strictly got this knife (again) because I enjoy taking my son to the woods and showing him trees bugs, and all that good stuff. The tip on the Bowie can be beat/broke for prying.!!!

sonarsessions

Postby sonarsessions » Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:34 am

Well, I'd like to think my S110v Para 3 is in the mail, but UPS has clearly advised it was delivered Saturday and left at my door, regardless whether I tell them it never arrived and I was at my apartment all day. Time to start an investigation/claim :(
"All good, just different." :D

Current Spyderco's: C240CFP Smock CF S30V, C11PBK Saber Grind Delica 4 Black VG10, C101PBN2 Manix 2 Brown CTS XHP, C28PBK2 Dragonfly 2 FRN Black VG10, C223GP Para 3 Black G10 S30V, C28GRE2 Dragonfly 2 British Racing Green ZDP-189, C28ZFPGR2 Dragonfly 2 Zome VG10, C41PBK5 Native 5 FRN Black S35VN, C101PDBL2 Manix 2 Dark Blue S110v, C94PDBL UK PenKnife Lightweight Dark Blue FRN S110V, C41PDBL5 Native 5 Dark Blue S110V, C11FPWCBK Wharncliffe Delica 4 Black VG10, C10PSFG Endura 4 Foliage Green Combo VG10, C11FPBN Flat Ground Delica 4 Brown VG10

alexthegreat

Postby alexthegreat » Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:50 pm

Persistence. Just bought it today after maybe 3 weeks of "research" (me just looking at Spyderco's online for a few hours at a time) and it's going to be my first Spyderco.
Tell me, is it as warm in the summer as it is in the country, or vice versa?

Return to “Spyderco General Discussion”