Which spyderco is in the mail?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
SpyderNut

Re: Which spyderco is in the mail?

Post by SpyderNut »

farnorthdan wrote:Persian, NIB
Ooh, nice Dan. Is this the bolstered 79mm Persian by chance?
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

SpyderNut wrote:
Why yes...yes it is :)
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
Tdog

Post by Tdog »

My Hap40 Manbug's arrived in the mail today. Just opened them, haven't even wiped off the blades.
20160526_194210_resized.jpg
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

Tdog wrote:My Hap40 Manbug's arrived in the mail today. Just opened them, haven't even wiped off the blades.
20160526_194210_resized.jpg
Nice Tdog, mine should be here in the next day or two also, how do the lamination lines on yours look?
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

farnorthdan wrote:
SpyderNut wrote:
(*Smiles broadly*)

Well done, Dan. That is a heck of a nice knife. :D

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
murphjd25

Post by murphjd25 »

Ok so I wasn't supposed to buy anymore spydies..but I have a Sage 1 on the way to carry on my wedding day :-)

Ps..don't tell my wife!!! :D
Josh
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

SpyderNut wrote:
farnorthdan wrote:
SpyderNut wrote:
(*Smiles broadly*)

Thanks Michael, I've wanted one for some time now, they are hard to find NIB for a decent price anymore. I'll probably still end up getting the Red sprint eventually. I see there is one on the bay right now but its already over $250 which is silly when I know where to get one right now NIB for a little over 2 bills, still spendy I know.

Tdog

Post by Tdog »

Lamination lines on these are more even than on some of the other clad knives. Also a bit more of the Hap40 exposed than on the Delica, and Endura. These little boogers are sharp! :D
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

farnorthdan wrote:
SpyderNut wrote:
farnorthdan wrote:
SpyderNut wrote:
(*Smiles broadly*)

Thanks Michael, I've wanted one for some time now, they are hard to find NIB for a decent price anymore. I'll probably still end up getting the Red sprint eventually. I see there is one on the bay right now but its already over $250 which is silly when I know where to get one right now NIB for a little over 2 bills, still spendy I know.
That is awesome that you found one, Dan. :D I agree, those bolstered Persians are getting tough to find. I think my wife bought the Red Persian at Warriors and Wonders. I haven't been on their site for a long time, but maybe worth a look?

gingerninja

Post by gingerninja »

HAP40 Manbug on the way to join the rest of the HAP40 series. Super stoked to get the set.
Chinook3

Post by Chinook3 »

Studey's pics sealed the deal :D

Knifeworks exclusive Military green G10 Carpenters 204p steel,,,,YA HOOOOO!!

AND my first Millie so I'm really excited, like the upgrades that were pointed out, thanks for the pic's Studey.

Matt
My response is "Just because you can't see it, doesn't mean it isn't there, it just means you can't see it". Sal G.
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

I have a Cat on the way. I like my Persistence but my son liked it so it's his now. I think the Cat will make a nice replacement.
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
SuckSqueezeBangBlow

Post by SuckSqueezeBangBlow »

Yojimbo 2 and Dragonfly Hap40 turned up today.

Pretty awesome, stoked on the Yo2 - such great ergo and the compression lock makes it such fun to just sit and play with. It's so easy to flick with thumb or finger.

I probably won't use the hap40 DF2. I use my hap40 Delica to experience the steel and a H1 SE DF2 to experience the knife. The hap40 DF2 maybe such a perfect combo, using it may force a sell off!
Filoso-

Post by Filoso- »

Mail call today...
cliff_B07

Post by cliff_B07 »

Just got this LYLP3 Salt Ladybug in the mail today. I noticed this plain edge model isn't listed anywhere on spyderco's website. Nice little knife.
Attachments
Saltresize.jpg
Spideyhole

Post by Spideyhole »

SuckSqueezeBangBlow wrote:Yojimbo 2 and Dragonfly Hap40 turned up today.

Pretty awesome, stoked on the Yo2 - such great ergo and the compression lock makes it such fun to just sit and play with. It's so easy to flick with thumb or finger.

I probably won't use the hap40 DF2. I use my hap40 Delica to experience the steel and a H1 SE DF2 to experience the knife. The hap40 DF2 maybe such a perfect combo, using it may force a sell off!

I soooooo wanted to keep my Yojimbo, but the dreaded lock pinch would bite me about 1 in 3 times. I could get around it by flicking in a way that was not natural, but....had to send it back. And yes it is an awesome knife no question about it.

And sadly I have nothing in the mail. : (
murphjd25

Post by murphjd25 »

Mail call today!! I love this thing!!

Josh
tvenuto

Post by tvenuto »

murphjd25 wrote:Mail call today!! I love this thing!!
Congrats, murph! I had my Chaparral stealth for wedding EDC duties...and let's not forget the Warrior to cut the cake! The Sage 1 is a great classy EDC choice as well.
rodloos

Post by rodloos »

I too have a Manbug in HAP40 on the way, as well as a K11P Kitchen Cook's Knife - why, I don't know, I hardly ever cook and already have too many unused nice kitchen knives :D.
Which Knife, A or B? get Both! (and C, D and E) :)
corwyn

Post by corwyn »

Spyderco Salt 1 SE BO .. my first H1, first Delica sized, first full-serrated... it will be my birthday gift.. looking forward to it.