Which spyderco is in the mail?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
User avatar
Spydergirl88
Member
Posts: 6328
Joined: Fri Jul 17, 2015 12:42 pm

Re: Which spyderco is in the mail?

Postby Spydergirl88 » Thu May 19, 2016 8:40 pm

farnorthdan wrote:Your on a roll Spydergirl, I like what you've been picking up lately, also saw RS's Urban and thought about it but already decided to grab an EdgeMatters forum Pingo last week.
Pics of the new Pingo?
Team Wire Clip
:spyder: :spyder: :spyder: :spyder: :spyder:

User avatar
farnorthdan
Member
Posts: 4409
Joined: Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:32 pm

Re: Which spyderco is in the mail?

Postby farnorthdan » Thu May 19, 2016 8:53 pm

Spydergirl88 wrote:
farnorthdan wrote:Your on a roll Spydergirl, I like what you've been picking up lately, also saw RS's Urban and thought about it but already decided to grab an EdgeMatters forum Pingo last week.
Pics of the new Pingo?
It hasn't shipped yet, its blue and a mystery steel, that's all I know about it...lol, but I'm excited for its arrival, I've wanted a pingo for a while now just never got around to picking one up so I figured it was about time and why not something unusual. :)
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."

User avatar
SpyderNut
Member
Posts: 7808
Joined: Fri Sep 24, 2004 10:33 am
Location: Hoosier Country, USA
Contact:

Re: Which spyderco is in the mail?

Postby SpyderNut » Thu May 19, 2016 8:55 pm

farnorthdan wrote:
Spydergirl88 wrote:
farnorthdan wrote:Your on a roll Spydergirl, I like what you've been picking up lately, also saw RS's Urban and thought about it but already decided to grab an EdgeMatters forum Pingo last week.
Pics of the new Pingo?
It hasn't shipped yet, its blue and a mystery steel, that's all I know about it...lol, but I'm excited for its arrival, I've wanted a pingo for a while now just never got around to picking one up so I figured it was about time and why not something unusual. :)
Hey Dan, that sounds like a subtle bombshell! :) Congrats on the new Pingo. Do you happen to have a link for this by chance?
:spyder: Michael Reinhold

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal

User avatar
farnorthdan
Member
Posts: 4409
Joined: Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:32 pm

Re: Which spyderco is in the mail?

Postby farnorthdan » Thu May 19, 2016 8:58 pm

SpyderNut wrote:
farnorthdan wrote:
Spydergirl88 wrote:
farnorthdan wrote:Your on a roll Spydergirl, I like what you've been picking up lately, also saw RS's Urban and thought about it but already decided to grab an EdgeMatters forum Pingo last week.
Pics of the new Pingo?
It hasn't shipped yet, its blue and a mystery steel, that's all I know about it...lol, but I'm excited for its arrival, I've wanted a pingo for a while now just never got around to picking one up so I figured it was about time and why not something unusual. :)
Hey Dan, that sounds like a subtle bombshell! :) Congrats on the new Pingo. Do you happen to have a link for this by chance?
Someone else posted a link around here but I cant remember the thread, googlefoo should get you to their web site then do a search for forum knife, thats how I found the thread, Sal is a member there too.
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."

User avatar
SpyderNut
Member
Posts: 7808
Joined: Fri Sep 24, 2004 10:33 am
Location: Hoosier Country, USA
Contact:

Re: Which spyderco is in the mail?

Postby SpyderNut » Thu May 19, 2016 9:01 pm

farnorthdan wrote:
SpyderNut wrote:
farnorthdan wrote:
Spydergirl88 wrote:
farnorthdan wrote:Your on a roll Spydergirl, I like what you've been picking up lately, also saw RS's Urban and thought about it but already decided to grab an EdgeMatters forum Pingo last week.
Pics of the new Pingo?
It hasn't shipped yet, its blue and a mystery steel, that's all I know about it...lol, but I'm excited for its arrival, I've wanted a pingo for a while now just never got around to picking one up so I figured it was about time and why not something unusual. :)
Hey Dan, that sounds like a subtle bombshell! :) Congrats on the new Pingo. Do you happen to have a link for this by chance?
Someone else posted a link around here but I cant remember the thread, googlefoo should get you to their web site then do a search for forum knife, thats how I found the thread, Sal is a member there too.
Thanks man. I think I may have found it (or at least a picture of it): http://edgemattersuk.tumblr.com/search/spyderco+pingo

I wonder how one goes about placing an order for one of these?
:spyder: Michael Reinhold

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal

User avatar
farnorthdan
Member
Posts: 4409
Joined: Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:32 pm

Re: Which spyderco is in the mail?

Postby farnorthdan » Thu May 19, 2016 9:03 pm

SpyderNut wrote:
farnorthdan wrote:
SpyderNut wrote:
farnorthdan wrote:
Spydergirl88 wrote:
farnorthdan wrote:Your on a roll Spydergirl, I like what you've been picking up lately, also saw RS's Urban and thought about it but already decided to grab an EdgeMatters forum Pingo last week.
Pics of the new Pingo?
It hasn't shipped yet, its blue and a mystery steel, that's all I know about it...lol, but I'm excited for its arrival, I've wanted a pingo for a while now just never got around to picking one up so I figured it was about time and why not something unusual. :)
Hey Dan, that sounds like a subtle bombshell! :) Congrats on the new Pingo. Do you happen to have a link for this by chance?
Someone else posted a link around here but I cant remember the thread, googlefoo should get you to their web site then do a search for forum knife, thats how I found the thread, Sal is a member there too.
Thanks man. I think I may have found it (or at least a picture of it): http://edgemattersuk.tumblr.com/search/spyderco+pingo

I wonder how one goes about placing an order for one of these?
In the thread you vote for how many you want, up to 3 I believe, then post you want one. There is a link to their paypal, sent funds and your on the list.
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."

User avatar
SpyderNut
Member
Posts: 7808
Joined: Fri Sep 24, 2004 10:33 am
Location: Hoosier Country, USA
Contact:

Re: Which spyderco is in the mail?

Postby SpyderNut » Thu May 19, 2016 9:06 pm

farnorthdan wrote:
SpyderNut wrote:
farnorthdan wrote:
SpyderNut wrote:
farnorthdan wrote:
Spydergirl88 wrote:
farnorthdan wrote:Your on a roll Spydergirl, I like what you've been picking up lately, also saw RS's Urban and thought about it but already decided to grab an EdgeMatters forum Pingo last week.
Pics of the new Pingo?
It hasn't shipped yet, its blue and a mystery steel, that's all I know about it...lol, but I'm excited for its arrival, I've wanted a pingo for a while now just never got around to picking one up so I figured it was about time and why not something unusual. :)
Hey Dan, that sounds like a subtle bombshell! :) Congrats on the new Pingo. Do you happen to have a link for this by chance?
Someone else posted a link around here but I cant remember the thread, googlefoo should get you to their web site then do a search for forum knife, thats how I found the thread, Sal is a member there too.
Thanks man. I think I may have found it (or at least a picture of it): http://edgemattersuk.tumblr.com/search/spyderco+pingo

I wonder how one goes about placing an order for one of these?
In the thread you vote for how many you want, up to 3 I believe, then post you want one. There is a link to their paypal, sent funds and your on the list.
Very good, sir. I appreciate the quick info! I will definitely check this out. :)
:spyder: Michael Reinhold

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal

murphjd25
Member
Posts: 2260
Joined: Fri Feb 05, 2016 12:43 am
Location: Bothell,WA

Re: Which spyderco is in the mail?

Postby murphjd25 » Thu May 19, 2016 9:54 pm

I really dislike this thread at the moment because I can't buy anymore spydies until after my wedding in September..the fiance has put me on a "spending freeze" :D But I enjoy seeing all of you getting some great new knifes! I can't wait till after my wedding! I'm probably going to go off the deep end!
Josh

User avatar
Sharp Guy
Member
Posts: 5337
Joined: Tue Jan 26, 2016 2:19 pm
Location: Over here!

Re: Which spyderco is in the mail?

Postby Sharp Guy » Sat May 21, 2016 10:37 pm

Stretch on the way!!
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!

User avatar
demoncase
Member
Posts: 2589
Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2011 9:07 am
Location: England- Wolverhampton
Contact:

Re: Which spyderco is in the mail?

Postby demoncase » Sun May 22, 2016 12:19 pm

Battlestation.....Hemmed and hawed for too long.
Warhammer 40000 is- basically- Lord Of The Rings on a cocktail of every drug known to man and genuine lunar dust, stuck in a blender with Alien, Mechwarrior, Dune, Starship Troopers, Fahrenheit 451 and Star Wars, bathed in blood, turned up to eleventy billion, set on fire, and catapulted off into space screaming "WAAAGH!" and waving a chainsaw sword- without the happy ending.

https://www.instagram.com/commissarcainscoffeecup/

PWork
Member
Posts: 154
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 7:40 pm
Location: Du Bois, PA

Re: Which spyderco is in the mail?

Postby PWork » Sun May 22, 2016 12:24 pm

I have a pair of avian cousins that should arrive tomorrow...Robin 2 in FRN and G-10. I need to see how the Robin stacks up against the Dragonfly, and hopefully decide if I want to spring for a G-10 D-Fly.
Paul

User avatar
Miss Dragonfly
Member
Posts: 42
Joined: Wed Apr 13, 2016 1:03 pm
Location: Upstate New York

Re: Which spyderco is in the mail?

Postby Miss Dragonfly » Sun May 22, 2016 12:49 pm

PWork wrote:I have a pair of avian cousins that should arrive tomorrow...Robin 2 in FRN and G-10. I need to see how the Robin stacks up against the Dragonfly, and hopefully decide if I want to spring for a G-10 D-Fly.
You do, most definitely. :D
Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.
Marilyn Monroe

User avatar
dreadpirate
Member
Posts: 770
Joined: Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:42 pm

Re: Which spyderco is in the mail?

Postby dreadpirate » Sun May 22, 2016 9:33 pm

Chaparral carbon fiber.

User avatar
Spydergirl88
Member
Posts: 6328
Joined: Fri Jul 17, 2015 12:42 pm

Re: Which spyderco is in the mail?

Postby Spydergirl88 » Sun May 22, 2016 9:47 pm

dreadpirate wrote:Chaparral carbon fiber.
Good choice :spyder:
Team Wire Clip
:spyder: :spyder: :spyder: :spyder: :spyder:

PWork
Member
Posts: 154
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 7:40 pm
Location: Du Bois, PA

Re: Which spyderco is in the mail?

Postby PWork » Sun May 22, 2016 10:30 pm

Miss Dragonfly wrote:You do, most definitely. :D

I suspect you may be right...
Paul

User avatar
Malfeasant
Member
Posts: 124
Joined: Sun May 15, 2016 5:19 pm
Location: Louisiana

Re: Which spyderco is in the mail?

Postby Malfeasant » Wed May 25, 2016 1:41 am

Gayle Bradley folder! Still haven't decided if I'm going to carry it or just fondle it.. "my precious" kinda feel like a knife built like this should be put to work though.
Always been obsessed with knives... Is that some type of disease?

User avatar
demoncase
Member
Posts: 2589
Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2011 9:07 am
Location: England- Wolverhampton
Contact:

Re: Which spyderco is in the mail?

Postby demoncase » Thu May 26, 2016 2:45 pm

Volpe....New in box! :)
Warhammer 40000 is- basically- Lord Of The Rings on a cocktail of every drug known to man and genuine lunar dust, stuck in a blender with Alien, Mechwarrior, Dune, Starship Troopers, Fahrenheit 451 and Star Wars, bathed in blood, turned up to eleventy billion, set on fire, and catapulted off into space screaming "WAAAGH!" and waving a chainsaw sword- without the happy ending.

https://www.instagram.com/commissarcainscoffeecup/

User avatar
farnorthdan
Member
Posts: 4409
Joined: Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:32 pm

Re: Which spyderco is in the mail?

Postby farnorthdan » Thu May 26, 2016 2:54 pm

Persian, NIB
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."

User avatar
Holland
Member
Posts: 6924
Joined: Fri Jan 06, 2012 10:37 pm
Location: Alberta

Re: Which spyderco is in the mail?

Postby Holland » Thu May 26, 2016 2:56 pm

farnorthdan wrote:Persian, NIB
Ebay? I saw one go for a very tempting price
-Spencer

User avatar
farnorthdan
Member
Posts: 4409
Joined: Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:32 pm

Re: Which spyderco is in the mail?

Postby farnorthdan » Thu May 26, 2016 3:01 pm

Holland wrote:
farnorthdan wrote:Persian, NIB
Ebay? I saw one go for a very tempting price
Nope, this one pop up on the exchange last night, really been wanting one for a while now, was holding out for the red sprint but they are getting crazy expensive.
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."


Return to “Spyderco General Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], tonijedi and 16 guests