Idea: Sprint Run Centofante 3

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
ABX2011

Idea: Sprint Run Centofante 3

Post by ABX2011 »

The Centofante 3 is a sleeper. It's a good alternative to the Delica or Stretch. You get a hollow grind and thin 2mm blade stock that makes for a very good cutter.
What if Spyderco were to make a sprint run with a screwed pivot, colored FRN and an upgraded steel like Super Blue or ZDP-189?
I also think this would be a good idea for a forum knife.
Thoughts?
TSchloz

Post by TSchloz »

I would go for that. I believe there was some discussion about it a couple of months ago. I would like to see ZDP with burgundy frn. Super blue would be great as well, maybe with blue frn.

Tom
ABX2011

Post by ABX2011 »

You're right, it was talked about recently. I guess I missed that discussion.
http://www.spyderco.com/forums/showthre ... r-a-sprint
Sal said it couldn't be changed to screw construction because that would require new tooling. He didn't say if that included the pivot...
ChapmanPreferred

Post by ChapmanPreferred »

Just the steel upgrade would be brilliant!
SFO Alumni/Authorized Spyderco Dealer (Startup)
Work EDC List
FRP: Nisjin Cricket PE, Manbug PE, Dragonfly PE
FLP: SS Cricket SE, byrd Flatbyrd CE
BRP: CF Military S90V
BLP: Forum S110V Native
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Invective

Post by Invective »

I'd rather see a Cento4 sprint over the 3. I'll take a wharnie over drop/spear point any day.
ABX2011

Post by ABX2011 »

Invective wrote:I'd rather see a Cento4 sprint over the 3. I'll take a wharnie over drop/spear point any day.
I'm good with that too. The 4 might be more popular than the 3 in a Sprint since the 4 has been discontinued for awhile.
gaj999

Post by gaj999 »

Invective wrote:I'd rather see a Cento4 sprint over the 3. I'll take a wharnie over drop/spear point any day.
Plus the C4 is no longer in production. I'd be interested in either ...

Gordon
nccole

Post by nccole »

I would love a Super Blue 4 version. The Centofante is a real sleeper. I also wouldn't mind a Vesuvius sprint in Super Blue.
Janfrederik

Post by Janfrederik »

I think a Super Blue sprint is a great idea. I don't even care if it's the 3 or 4.
Water babies singing in a lily-pool delight
Blue powder monkies praying in the dead of night
Here comes the black queen, poking in the pile
Fie-fo the black queen, marching single file
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

I have been unable to buy one because of the pinned pivot. I love super blue so that may persuade me.
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

I would absolutely love to see the Centofante 4 in ZDP but I would be down for the 3 also. Much more prefer the 4 though.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
razorsharp

Post by razorsharp »

put some Superblue or ZDP in it , and mold maybe a BRG/blue/ what ever colour handle on it (black is fine) and ill be in line wallet wide open.
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Honestly I would even be content with a standard run of Centofante 4s with the same old black and VG10 just so I can buy a new backup for mine. I don't use it much because they're discontinued, so any version of a Centofante 4 with just about any steel VG10 or better will be a purchase from me so long as it stays Seki and keeps at least VG10.
~David
ABX2011

Post by ABX2011 »

Yeah now I'm thinking the 4 in Sprint form would be a hit. I vote for blue FRN and Super Blue. Screwed pivot if possible.
gaj999

Post by gaj999 »

Evil D wrote:... so I can buy a new backup for mine...
Ouch. I'd get nervous, too, if I was down to only one C4. Maybe the Kiwi 4 will fill the hole in the lineup for a slim, classy EDC Wharnecliff that performs. Yes, I remember the Air, but it's just a touch too small for me with my wide hands and fat fingers. Right now, if I was C4-less, I'd probably go with the Yo2. Thicker than I like, but still compelling ...

Gordon
bh49

Post by bh49 »

IMHO cento3 is one of unappreciated Spydercos. I would take cento3 over Delica, Endura or even Stretch any time. I will be interesting in sprint of Cento3 with ZDP blade. I will appreciate dark green or BRG. Even if handle will stay black as is, will be fine for me. Please, no "Meerkat burgundy".
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
TomAiello

Post by TomAiello »

Cento 4 in ZDP would be awesome.

But I'd buy either a 3 or a 4 in either ZDP or Super Blue.
Left Hand Path

Post by Left Hand Path »

A Cento 3 or 4 with a lanyard hole would probably be my ultimate Spyderco! Sadly for me, that is probably unlikely. Perhaps I will commission a mod one day.
These are great knives! I am surprised they do not get more attention.
-Nick

Join Today!
http://www.KnifeRights.org
jalcon

Post by jalcon »

Carrying me 3 right now.
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

gaj999 wrote:Ouch. I'd get nervous, too, if I was down to only one C4. Maybe the Kiwi 4 will fill the hole in the lineup for a slim, classy EDC Wharnecliff that performs. Yes, I remember the Air, but it's just a touch too small for me with my wide hands and fat fingers. Right now, if I was C4-less, I'd probably go with the Yo2. Thicker than I like, but still compelling ...

Gordon
That is exactly what I'm hoping for too. I do have a thing for palladium bugs though. Did you guys know palladium is the same metal Tony Stark used to build the arc reactor in his chest? That's right Iron Man is powered by the same stuff that bug in the handle is made of. That's so cool lol.
~David