Classic Spyderco Military 440V question

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Onionman

Classic Spyderco Military 440V question

Post by Onionman »

Just picked up a used Spyderco Military 440V at a knife show this past weekend. Its in good condition except that the heads of the pins and/or screws are no longer along the top of the handle (there are no problems with pivot pin). Does anyone know if this model has pins or screws along the top of the handle?

The handle construction feels solid and there is no separation between the handle spacers and the G-10. Also, the holes seem to be filled with the remnants of the pins or screws so right now the handle is very sturdy. However, I am wondering if the handle does come loose or the handle starts to separate from the spacer whether the pins or screws should be replaced. I may just send it off to Spyderco to get it looked at and the screws or pins replaced, but if anyone knows anything about this issue, I would appreciate your thoughts.

Thanks
The important thing was that I had an onion tied to my belt, which was the style at the time. You couldn't get white onions, because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big yellow ones...
Ankerson

Post by Ankerson »

Call customer service and speak with them. :)
CXXX

Post by CXXX »

The very first ones (with the 2 screw clip) had allen head screws from the non clip side. Screws were threaded directly into the G-10
JBE

Post by JBE »

There should be torx screws on both sides of the handle
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

The only 440V Military I have is the Forum Knife version, but it has what appear to be 3 allen head screws on each side, on in the stop pin, two in the polished black G-10? partial backspacer. Don't know if that's of any help or not.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!