Para2 fluted carbon fiber

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
jvarn81

Para2 fluted carbon fiber

Post by jvarn81 »

What happened to this one? Seems long ago we heard about it and maybe a fluted Native 5 CF, and I now I haven't heard anything. I keep dreaming of CPM-M4 and beautiful fluted CF scales. :eek:
Surfingringo

Post by Surfingringo »

I want an m4 paramilitary really bad! Though cf handles would be nice, I would hate to see that make it into a "collector" priced knife. I'm more excited about the steel than the handle material. But hey, they manage to put m4 and cf together in the GB for an affordable price so maybe we can have the best of both worlds!

As long as we are making wishes I would love to see another rip un of an m4 Millie. Maybe just one with plain ole g10 scales.
phillipsted

Post by phillipsted »

They showed a prototype at the Blade Show last year. I didn't hear any mention of it at the Amsterdam event, so maybe it has fallen off the radar - or maybe it is ready for production... Who knows?

I'm counting down the days until Blade 2014!

TedP
bdblue

Post by bdblue »

jvarn81 wrote:What happened to this one? Seems long ago we heard about it
I have not heard much about it. I also seem to remember discussion some time ago about a Ti Para2 but have not heard anything more about it either.

But right now the thing most interesting to me is the Manix 2 LW S110V, and there hasn't been any good information about it either.
FCM415

Post by FCM415 »

Probably because Golden hasn't caught up yet. Standard PM2's and N5's are rarely in stock. Fluted Ti Millie's are like Unicorns right now.
A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory.
-Leonard Nimoy
Ferris Wheels

Post by Ferris Wheels »

Both fluted TI-Millie's and fluted TI-native5's were in stock when I stopped by SFO today.

I have personally handled both of the fluted carbon fiber knives mentioned and they are incredible. Hope they make it into production.
Current :spyder: : Para2's Brown, Blue & Orange, Etched Spin, CF Caly3 ZDP189, Gayle Bradley, UKPK Orange G10, Manix2 M4, Sage 1, Caly 3.5 in Super Blue, Urban Orange G10
Ferris Wheels

Post by Ferris Wheels »

Double post.
Current :spyder: : Para2's Brown, Blue & Orange, Etched Spin, CF Caly3 ZDP189, Gayle Bradley, UKPK Orange G10, Manix2 M4, Sage 1, Caly 3.5 in Super Blue, Urban Orange G10
jvarn81

Post by jvarn81 »

Ferris Wheels wrote:Both fluted TI-Millie's and fluted TI-native5's were in stock when I stopped by SFO today.

I have personally handled both of the fluted carbon fiber knives mentioned and they are incredible. Hope they make it into production.
Remember what steel was on them? Or maybe you can't say.
jvarn81

Post by jvarn81 »

Double post
CarbonFiberNut

Post by CarbonFiberNut »

I've been waiting for this one as well. And the S110V CF Native 5. And Sal dropped a hint that a re-release of the Cricket in CF was coming too. I want all of those!
◊ Manix 2 XL ◊ Manix 2 lightweight blue ◊ Caly 3 carbon fiber ◊ Caly 3 damascus / CF ◊ Lum Chinese Nishijin ◊ Sage 1 ◊ Superleaf
◊ Dragonfly FRN serrated ◊ Endura Gen 1 ◊ Rescue Gen 1 ◊ Endura 4 FFG ◊ Delica 4 half serrated ◊ Mule Team ◊ Spin ◊ Bushcraft UK
◊ S110V Forum Native 5 ◊ Black Nishijin Cricket

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Top 5 most wanted: Domino, Dice, CF Para-2, CF Cricket. Seeing a theme here?
Gerard Breuker

Post by Gerard Breuker »

Someone asked during the last Spyderco Meet. I believe he was told that it is still difficult to make these fluted CF handles for an affordable price.
bh49

Post by bh49 »

phillipsted wrote: maybe it has fallen off the radar - or maybe it is ready for production...
TedP
I hope that second part is correct.
FCM415 wrote:Fluted Ti Millie's are like Unicorns right now.
True, but if you are looking for one, it is never hurt to ask dealer.
I got lucky recently. I place the order at KW for CF/S90 M XL and aske to put my name on the waiting list for Ti Fluted military. roger said that they have two in stock, but did not put them on the website because low quantity. So I have this unicorn at my home. Absolutely beautiful knife.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
IG-88

Post by IG-88 »

Yep its still alive. The Proto was still among the knives shown at the meet. I asked when we would see the production version and due to delay in production of the PM2 this will probably not happen this year. But the project will certainly come and with Spyderco you never know what or when suprises come around the corner.
Current EDC: Techno, Squeak, Southard Flipper, Caly 3.5

New Arrivals: Chap3, Domino, Sage 3

2014 Wishlist: Yo2 CF, Deviant Friction, Tatanka, Tusk, Firefly

Oldies Wishlist: Delica CF PE, Civilian CF PE
salmonkiller

Post by salmonkiller »

I am on standby for this one.Locked and loaded!Must-have......
jvarn81

Post by jvarn81 »

IG-88 wrote:Yep its still alive. The Proto was still among the knives shown at the meet. I asked when we would see the production version and due to delay in production of the PM2 this will probably not happen this year. But the project will certainly come and with Spyderco you never know what or when suprises come around the corner.
Thanks for the information. I am really excited, I think the milling of the CF will really bring out the fibers.
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

Does anyone have an example of what fluted cf looks like?
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
Ferris Wheels

Post by Ferris Wheels »

Liquid Cobra wrote:Does anyone have an example of what fluted cf looks like?
Think fluted Native 5 or fluted Military except in carbon fiber.
Holland

Post by Holland »

Id prefer an M4 para with regular g10 scales to keep the price down, but the more M4 the better imo :D
-Spencer

Rotation:
Gayle Bradley 2 | Mantra 1 | Watu | Chaparral 1 | Dragonfly 2 Salt SE
Surfingringo

Post by Surfingringo »

Holland wrote:Id prefer an M4 para with regular g10 scales to keep the price down, but the more M4 the better imo :D
^ this exactly.
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

Holland wrote:Id prefer an M4 para with regular g10 scales to keep the price down, but the more M4 the better imo :D
Yup. I want a para2 with M4 or cruwear or S110V. If carbon fiber runs the price up then I'm out. Function over form for me.
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?