Spyderco/Farid K2

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Sword of Morning

Post by Sword of Morning »

This K2 design is at the top of my list for upcoming knives. This is a phenomenal design, with aesthetics that reach right out to me. Hopefully the wait won't be too long. The 10v steel and the dimensions are aspects I truly hope to see in the production version.
FCM415

Post by FCM415 »

Ankerson wrote:The blade length is a little on the long side, would prefer not longer than 4", but it's fine. :)

Also hope to one day see a Military in one or all of these, 10V(K294), S110V, K390. :)
I wouldn't bet against a 3.5-4 inch version in the future if these sell well and especially judging by how it is being received so far.

I'm with you on the Millies and those steels also.
Sword of Morning wrote:This K2 design is at the top of my list for upcoming knives. This is a phenomenal design, with aesthetics that reach right out to me. Hopefully the wait won't be too long. The 10v steel and the dimensions are aspects I truly hope to see in the production version.
If we keep giving feedback like this, for sure it'll see production!
A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory.
-Leonard Nimoy
Ankerson

Post by Ankerson »

FCM415 wrote:I wouldn't bet against a 3.5-4 inch version in the future if these sell well and especially judging by how it is being received so far.

I'm with you on the Millies and those steels also.
I believe it will do well. :)

Performance should be excellent too. :D
speedcut

Post by speedcut »

i like the design and materials alot...k2 rocks...but the question is where has Wouter been hiding for the last 5 days? :)
Trevitrace

Post by Trevitrace »

I too am going a little stir-crazy. Bring on the Sprig!
TomAiello

Post by TomAiello »

trevitace wrote:I too am going a little stir-crazy. Bring on the Sprig!
I'm always in for a Phil Wilson collaboration.
Tally-ho

Post by Tally-ho »

The K2 is in the top5 of my "wish" list despite the handle à la millie and a blade shape with too much belly for my use.
It seems that there is no insert between the lock and the tang, and on one of the picture a mark could be seen on the lock. Maybe dirt(y oil).

http://spydercollector.wordpress.com/20 ... d-mehr-k2/
| C10PGRE + C10FPK390 Endura 4 | C28GPFG Dragonfly | C36TIP Military | C41GP5 Native 5 | C54GPBN Calypso | C65CFP Lum Chinese | C81GPDBL2 PM2 | C90GFPD Strectch | C94TIP UK Penknife | C101PGY2 + C101PBORE2 Manix 2 | C113GPGY Caly 3 | C123TIP Sage 2 | C126GPFG Rock Lobster | C135GP Perrin PPT | C144CFPE Caly 3.5 | C163PBK Pingo | C164GPBN Nilakka || MT16P MT17P MT18P Mule Team |
FCM415

Post by FCM415 »

Many of the Taiwan made framelocks have no steel insert and I haven't really heard mention of a lockup issue on the several forums come to think of it. I believe they harden the lockface so it's not bare Ti.
A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory.
-Leonard Nimoy
faridknives

Post by faridknives »

TomAiello wrote:Does anyone have a link to Farid's website? Is he taking orders for customs?
sorry no website for now.
I am pleased to see the interest in my K2, thank you all for your support.
Joshua J.

Post by Joshua J. »

Ankerson wrote:The blade length is a little on the long side, would prefer not longer than 4", but it's fine. :)

Also hope to one day see a Military in one or all of these, 10V(K294), S110V, K390. :)
Half the appeal for me is that it is over 4".
I've been asking for an XL Military for years, this seems to be just as good, if not better than fulfilling that dream (I like the flatter spine).

The only thing I would change is producing the non-locking side scale out of G-10 (for both grip and weight), and maybe putting a small scale on the lock side (just a bit of a grip patch, and it would protect from lock over travel), but I love it as-is.
As is I can always drill it and make my own scales too, so having both sides of Ti does have advantages.
78lilred

Post by 78lilred »

Looking forward to this knife, hopefully we see it sooner than later. Also very happy to see its a Taiwan knife, love their F&F.
M390 Para2, CTS-XHP Para2, CTS-204P Para2, Gayle Bradley, Techno, Bob T Slipit, M390 Mule, Southard, Southfork, Air, Tuff, ZDP Caly 3.5.
dman62

Post by dman62 »

I go for smaller knives usually but I'll be all over this one. Great looking knife.
Monocrom

Post by Monocrom »

Ankerson wrote:This is one that I am really looking forward to. :)
+1

That is just SWEET!!
"The World is insane, with small pockets of sanity here & there. Not the other way around."

:spyder:-John Cleese- :spyder:
DeathBySnooSnoo

Post by DeathBySnooSnoo »

The blade length is definitely a big draw for me on this one. I wish that it had a little more tip to it ( by that I just mean a little less upsweep). But the overall design is very nice and the materials are great....I'll be getting one of these for sure!
On the hunt for...