The Super Blue Strtches are in

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
tk59194

Post by tk59194 »

The Spyderco Store has these in stock. Just got my shipping confirmation.
Kylems11

Post by Kylems11 »

Knife works too. Alot cheaper than spyderco.
tk59194

Post by tk59194 »

I was talking about thespydercostore.com. Different company than Spyderco. But yes, Knife Works does have them beat by $2.00
gaj999

Post by gaj999 »

Woot! Mine's on the way from KW.

Gordon
opusxpn

Post by opusxpn »

My new stretch haven't used it yet
[ATTACH]23421[/ATTACH]
Attachments
stretch.jpg
Keep'em sharp :spyder: 9 Enduras, 4 Manix, Manix XL DLC, 3 Delicas, 5 Ladybug, 2 Manbug, 4 Dragonfly, Pingo, Cat, 3 Salt1, Pacific salt, Tasman, 3 stretch, 2 Tenacious, Resiliance, Robyn2 G10, 2byrd hawkbill, 4Para2, 2Military, native5 frn, Bradley folder, SpyDK, Kiwi, MT19, salt saver, Street bowie, Roadie,Squeak, 5 UKPK, k05 SE, k04 SE & PE
VashHash

Post by VashHash »

Got my shipping notice from KW as well Should get it tommorrow. Good to live in the same state as KW if only i lived 3 hrs closer i would be broke
btron

Post by btron »

Awwwwwwwww, come on guys!!!

Just ordered one from NGK. Kind of a milestone of some sorts for me. My first order with New Graham and my first Stretch. My wife is gonna be pissed! :D

I can't be too mad at you guys though. That blade shape is so intriguing. It was only a matter of time...
JNewell

Post by JNewell »

NGK is good folks! :spyder:
VashHash

Post by VashHash »

I have a ZDP cf stretch and i wish i had bought a back up it's a great suit knife. The superblue with be a user for sure. I wonder if it lends well to shaving
btron

Post by btron »

I don't normally carry knives this "big" but I love me some Super Blue and that blade shape always looked sick to me. Handle wise, the Delica and Sage is probably the max I would carry. Is there a huge difference in size between the two in the hand and whatnot? Numbers wise the Stretch's handle looks to only be about .25" bigger so it can't be that noticeable right? I'd like to give the Stretch a shot as my EDC because of that blade shape.
Tdog

Post by Tdog »

It really makes me laugh how grown adults will do anything to rationalize buying a new knife. I laughed so long and so hard, I ended up ordering one of these too. :o
VashHash

Post by VashHash »

stretch is great for EDC it's in between a delica and endura in blade length. I personally love it. I don't carry my delica much and i've never gotten around to getting an endura. If my SB stretch hadn't come through i would have gone with the SB Endura but luckily i got the stretch. just wait til you actually hold the stretch it's a great knife. i used to shave with my ZDP until i purchased an actual straight razor. I just think it's a great knife. No need for rationalization. You want it get it thats rational isn't it?
Tdog

Post by Tdog »

My problem is that I want so many that I get them, whether I can rationalize it or not :D Long time member of SAA :spyder:
gaj999

Post by gaj999 »

A 4 - 4.5 inch handle hits the sweet spot for me. Not too small, not too big. I think you'll be thrilled. The Centofante 3 is another great choice in the same size and price range.

Gordon
Scottie3000

Post by Scottie3000 »

I look forward to the laminated blade. It will help prevent rust in the South and will probably look pretty cool with a ribbon of black patina near the edge. Anyone force a patina yet?
On order: Maxamet Native 5
Current pocket hog: S90V Para2
Next up: Something Blurple
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

Scottie3000 wrote:I look forward to the laminated blade. It will help prevent rust in the South and will probably look pretty cool with a ribbon of black patina near the edge. Anyone force a patina yet?
http://www.spyderco.com/forums/showthre ... our-Patina!

Not just Super Blue knives in this thread but there are a bunch of Super Blue knives in it. Not much forcing necessary with SB. One granny smith apple will really kick it off! I didn't force mine at all but cut up a lot of apples.

If you look at the thumb ramp you can see that the spine develops a really cool three layer look when the center layer of SB patinas. This is my Delica. My Stretch will be here tomorrow!

Another angle.
Donut

Post by Donut »

-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
Waiting on a Squeak and Pingo with a Split Spring!
Scottie3000

Post by Scottie3000 »

bearfacedkiller wrote:http://www.spyderco.com/forums/showthre ... our-Patina!

Not just Super Blue knives in this thread but there are a bunch of Super Blue knives in it. Not much forcing necessary with SB. One granny smith apple will really kick it off! I didn't force mine at all but cut up a lot of apples.

If you look at the thumb ramp you can see that the spine develops a really cool three layer look when the center layer of SB patinas. This is my Delica. My Stretch will be here tomorrow!
Nice, did you polish the flats too or did they show up that shiny?
On order: Maxamet Native 5
Current pocket hog: S90V Para2
Next up: Something Blurple
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

Scottie3000 wrote:Nice, did you polish the flats too or did they show up that shiny?
I didn't polish it.
opusxpn

Post by opusxpn »

Nice patina I hope my Delica gets its own identity also.
Keep'em sharp :spyder: 9 Enduras, 4 Manix, Manix XL DLC, 3 Delicas, 5 Ladybug, 2 Manbug, 4 Dragonfly, Pingo, Cat, 3 Salt1, Pacific salt, Tasman, 3 stretch, 2 Tenacious, Resiliance, Robyn2 G10, 2byrd hawkbill, 4Para2, 2Military, native5 frn, Bradley folder, SpyDK, Kiwi, MT19, salt saver, Street bowie, Roadie,Squeak, 5 UKPK, k05 SE, k04 SE & PE