Most anticipated knife from the Amsterdam meet?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
gdwtvb

Most anticipated knife from the Amsterdam meet?

Post by gdwtvb »

There have been years that I've not seen more than one or two blades to get excited about, but I am already saving for three.

I can't wait for the Chubby, man that thing just looks awesome! I never was a great fan of thick blades until I got the techno, I'm a convert. :D

It has all my favorite things, Ti, framelock, good blade steel, and a lanyard hole. I can't wait until someone mods one and puts moonglow in the holes...I'll be trying my hand at that.

Dogtag looks awesome. Kudos to Spyderco for teaming up with such innovative makers. I've never seen anything like it, and can't wait to try it out around my neck and on my keychain. (I never thought I would remove my ladybug...It's OK to have two knives on your keychain right? :D )

Finally is the ARK, I'm a big fan of H1 already. This one looks great, the aftermarket should have a field day with other scale options.

Thanks to Mr. Blonde for the photos and info. His yearly thread is always my favorite!

What are your favorite(s) from the meet?

Grizz
LC Kid

Post by LC Kid »

Hi Mr gdwtvb!

- So far my clear favorite is the Chubby. By Far. I've known for a long time that the Techno-like Specs are simply the best for an EDC knife.

- The ARK seems a very handy little EDC fixed blade. Giving it's size and weight you can take it anywhere with you, and not only as a neck knife.

- The Dog Tag looks simply amazing. It's one of those that you just have to include in your collection, just for what it means as a knife design.

But keep in mind that Mr Blonde said that he still has like a dozen more knives to show next.
:) And I really want to see the Spyderco version of the Marcin Slysz Bowie Folder! :cool:
Stay Sharp!
Strong-Dog

Post by Strong-Dog »

The Gayle Bradley fixed blade in PSF-27 really caught my eye, and the dog tag looks sweet as well.
"For a second, I thought I was dead, but when I heard all the noise I knew they were cops. Only cops talk that way. If they had been wiseguys, I wouldn't have heard a thing. I would've been dead."

-Henry Hill
jabba359

Post by jabba359 »

That's hard to answer, as there are still a ton on knives we haven't seen yet.
-Kyle

:bug-red
Latest arrivals: Lava Flow CF DLC Para2, Magnacut Mule, GITD Jester

http://www.spydiewiki.com
Invective

Post by Invective »

That Frontier really caught my eye. I really want to see the different sized ones as well. The Pachenko Dogtag ad Burchtree Chubby also intrigued me, but I've got plenty of small knives so I'm trying to expand my larger knife collection now
Strong-Dog

Post by Strong-Dog »

Forget everything I said previously, I just saw the Farid K2. I need that.
"For a second, I thought I was dead, but when I heard all the noise I knew they were cops. Only cops talk that way. If they had been wiseguys, I wouldn't have heard a thing. I would've been dead."

-Henry Hill
Holland

Post by Holland »

The dragonfly SB is definitely what im looking forward to the most. The dog tag looks like an amazing concept as well. hope they keep the prices low on that one
-Spencer

Rotation:
Gayle Bradley 2 | Mantra 1 | Watu | Chaparral 1 | Dragonfly 2 Salt SE
MarcusH

Post by MarcusH »

No.1 by a large margin the Higo by Laci Szabo and then the two new designs by Ed Shempp, the Frontier and the Retract
"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and beautiful knives. The rest I just squandered."
Slightly modified, R.I.P. George Best.
gdwtvb

Post by gdwtvb »

Wow!! The K2 is something else. 10V...I know what I'll be dreaming about for awhile. They should rename the K2 and just call it "The Ultimate"

Grizz
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

http://sb-specialty-metals.com/grades/psf27

PSF27 hmmm... better than D2? less than CPM M4? PSF- Spray Forming Process?

If the ARK is only 2mm I will take one. I have soft spot for small fixed blades and neck knives.
bearfacedkiller

Frontier. 3.5 inches of 2mm blade.

Proto is tip up with a wire clip. I like tip down but love the rest of the concept.
bh49

Post by bh49 »

So far I like Frontier and GB fixed blade, but it is too early to tell.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
phillipsted

Post by phillipsted »

bearfacedkiller wrote:http://sb-specialty-metals.com/grades/psf27

PSF27 hmmm... better than D2? less than CPM M4? PSF- Spray Forming Process?
PSF27 is like D2 on steroids. Slightly better toughness than M4, but with a little less edge retention (significantly better than D2, though!). I had a discussion with Gayle about it at Blade, and he was a big fan of the steel.

TedP
Popsickle

Post by Popsickle »

burch chubby, s110v lightweight manix 2, frontier, marcin slyzs bowie........ still too early to make a complete list. all I know is its a good time to be a spyderco fan! Looks like Taichung is taking on a massive word load!
paladin

Post by paladin »

Dice...I bet it is closest to actual production / release...just tempering my dreams with a little reality :rolleyes:

Frontier...reminds me of my old Buck 110 (kinda)...bet that release is a ways off
What is truth? Pontius Pilate
bearfacedkiller

phillipsted wrote:PSF27 is like D2 on steroids. Slightly better toughness than M4, but with a little less edge retention (significantly better than D2, though!). I had a discussion with Gayle about it at Blade, and he was a big fan of the steel.

TedP
hmmm.... I could really like that. Gonna have to do some reading up on the spray forming process.

I wonder how it compares to CPM?
razorsharp

Post by razorsharp »

Like the chubby even though its ugly as sin. LOL

I really like the Schempp Bowie.. I think I am turning into a schempp fanboy ( man i want a khukuri)

That knife that looks like a folding swick i thought would have a wider blade..... so the edge starts mid finger if you get what I mean... I dont know its not what I hoped;
Gerard Breuker

Post by Gerard Breuker »

Picking the most anticipated knife is always difficult. It is hard to compare rough ideas that still need a lot of refining to full customs and to everything in between.
As I always fail to remember which models are in which stage of production I am also not quite sure which models can be discussed freely before Wouter shows the pictures.
For now my most anticipated knife is just another collaboration with a well known maker that has not been shown yet.
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

So far, the only one that's on my "will buy" list is the Kiwi 4, and that only because I have every other Kiwi variant. The clip and non-removable G-10 scales will probably keep me from wanting more than one.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
tvenuto

Post by tvenuto »

From the ones that have been shown thus far? For me, the Frontier. Brass bolsters, CF, and a lot of edge for the package? Count me in. The classic American design is a bonus.