Amsterdam Meet 2014 Report of Upcoming Spyderco Prototypes

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Sig Savvy

Post by Sig Savvy »

Hope I didn't miss it but does anyone have a guesstimate on the price range of some of these knives? I'm loving the Chubby and Dice in particular but was wondering how much skimming off the budget I need to do to get them...I would imagine that a bunch of you have "muscle memory" in terms of buying Spydies so maybe your experience will allow a good estimate. Thanks!
Ferris Wheels

Post by Ferris Wheels »

No idea on the Chubby but I would expect it to be in the same price range as the Techno. As for the Dice, I would expect it to be somewhere between 10% and 20% cheaper than the Domino as it still requires the same amount of labor to produce and there is only a slight reduction in materials. These are only my opinions and guesses, the only way to know for sure is when they make it into the catalog.
Current :spyder: : Para2's Brown, Blue & Orange, Etched Spin, CF Caly3 ZDP189, Gayle Bradley, UKPK Orange G10, Manix2 M4, Sage 1, Caly 3.5 in Super Blue, Urban Orange G10
Sig Savvy

Post by Sig Savvy »

Tnx! And ouch...maybe I won't be getting them afterall! Still new to the world of Spyderco and getting a sense that all the knives I like are wayyy out of my price range... :(
sal

Post by sal »

Hi Sig Savvy,

Welcome to our forum.

Few can collect all of our knives. They tend to be more expensive that many of the knives on the market. Kinda like collecting all of the Sigs.

sal
sal

Post by sal »

I'd like to thank Jur, Wouter, Ted, Joyce and Eric for their help in the A'Dam meet. Also thanx to Nemo and Martynn. It is a unique event and quite valuable in R&D feedback. It would not occur with their assistance.

Sorry to those that couldn't make it.

And yes, we do watch the thread closely and we appreciate your input.

sal
Sig Savvy

Post by Sig Savvy »

Hi, Sal, all very true. Although I won't be getting the higher priced knives any time soon I still have plenty to choose from that are super wallet friendly (not to mention I work 10 minutes away from the FOS!). Didn't mean to sound as though Spydies are overpriced in any way, that was not my intention. Just throwing a pity party for myself...I believe that you get what you pay for and Spyderco delivers. Thanks for the feedback and the addiction! ;)
villageidiot

Post by villageidiot »

WWWWOOOOWWWW!!! Each one looks great there go's the wallet.
faridknives

Post by faridknives »

I would like to take this opportunity to thank Sal.
To see the K2 go in to production is a dream come true. To offer CPM-10v tool steel on this knife will offer user/collector a rare opportunity to own a very high end material in a large folder made by a world class manufacturer , I look forward to the release of the K2.

My gratitude goes to Sal and everyone at Spyderco.
Farid

Trevitrace

Post by Trevitrace »

Congrats Farid, been looking to get ahold of something you had a hand in. Excited for this one.
All-R-Crazy

Post by All-R-Crazy »

I just love all of these designs the introvert really started to make sense and I want the frontier SO BAD!!!!! Oh well time to start saving up,and b prepare to live like a spartan so I can afford all of these.
Ps I am addicted to spyderco's just don't have a wallet that can sustain it :(
Pps I love everyone at, and who works with, SPYDERCO.
Mitch
:spyder: delica ffg,endura ffg,pm2 black/black,delica sb,caly3.5 g10,caly3 sb,S90V military:spyder:
JAfromMN wrote:My favorite Spyderco is the one that I used the most Today
faridknives

Post by faridknives »

trevitace wrote:Congrats Farid, been looking to get ahold of something you had a hand in. Excited for this one.
Thank you, I am certain that everyone who will own one of these K2 CPM-10v knives will be extremely happy and will not part with them.
Sal has done a great job, thank you
Farid
All-R-Crazy

Post by All-R-Crazy »

I just love all of these designs the introvert really started to make sense and I want the frontier SO BAD!!!!! Oh well time to start saving up,and b prepare to live like a spartan so I can afford all of these.
Ps I am addicted to spyderco's just don't have a wallet that can sustain it :(
Pps I love everyone at, and who works with, SPYDERCO.
Mitch
:spyder: delica ffg,endura ffg,pm2 black/black,delica sb,caly3.5 g10,caly3 sb,S90V military:spyder:
JAfromMN wrote:My favorite Spyderco is the one that I used the most Today
gdwtvb

Post by gdwtvb »

faridknives wrote:Thank you, I am certain that everyone who will own one of these K2 CPM-10v knives will be extremely happy and will not part with them.
Sal has done a great job, thank you
Farid
So nice to get to talk to a knife creator. I do have a couple questions that isn't evident in the pictures. Does the K2 have a backspacer? I know there has to be at least one hidden pin to be a bladestop, are there any more than just the one? Amazing feat creating the knife with only 2 screws! it that a tube in the lanyard hole? how was that done? (What I'm really asking is, can I take the one I'll be getting apart easily?) Will the final revision keep the inletted clip? (I am assuming it is similar to the Chris Reeve clip on the Sebenza.) And if that isn't enough, how hard are they planning on running the 10V?

Thanks Grizz
LC Kid

Post by LC Kid »

Hi Folks!

gdwtvb wrote: - Does the K2 have a backspacer?
- Amazing feat creating the knife with only 2 screws!
- Will the final revision keep the inletted clip?

- Since the moment I saw the pics I've been asking about the backspacer, or if it has some standoffs instead.

- I've seen before large knifes with only two big diameter screws, usually open ones. Like the polish design folders from Poltergeist Works.

- It would be amazing to have the clip available for Tip Up carry as well.

Regards,
Stay Sharp!
jtoler_9

Post by jtoler_9 »

Am I the only one who thinks that the Battlestation should have been named the Rhino? The tip looks just like a Rhino's nose. Maybe it's just me?
The GB Fixed and the ARK look Awesome. Thanks for more fixed blades Spyderco. I have been a true fan of your entire line of fixed blades. They are always excellent.

I hear you make a good folder or two also? ;)
mikerestivo

Post by mikerestivo »

Thanks again Wouter for giving us some great recon. I liken this to the annual Sears Christmas catalog that used to show up at my door when I was a kid.

And curse you Ed Schempp! Just when I think I am cured of you, you keep pulling me back in! I got the eyeroll from my wife tonight when I was telling her how I had to have your Bowie design.
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

It feels like forever since wouter took a break, I'm dying for more.

Like everyone here I want to say thanks to Wouter for the pics and thanks to the spyder crew for hosting such a great event. It's pretty cool feeling like we the consumers have some input in the development process.
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
NeverEnough

Post by NeverEnough »

...realise it's early days but any rough estimate of when that Schempp FRONTIER will hit the shelves?this year prehaps?WANT MUCH-Bradley fixed also on the list...
Mr Blonde

Spyderco 2014 Production Sample – Mike Draper

Post by Mr Blonde »

I’m back from a wonderful IWA Show, so here’s my next batch of photos from the various concept models, prototypes and production samples that were shown at the Amsterdam Meet.

This Mike Draper design folder has a very interesting look. It’s long and slender like a Police model, but at the same time it’s a bit wider and more rounded. It’s not my personal cup of proverbial tea. But if you like long slender folders, this is just the ticket. IIRC, The blue on this folder was done using the same process as on the tattoo Cricket & Dragonfly.

Since the specifications of the Mike Draper are already in the new catalog, we didn’t collect any measurements of this folder.

My Spyderco Pics & Reviews: www.spydercollector.com
Last website update: 4-01-2024 Instagram
senorsquare

Post by senorsquare »

Spiderman wants his knife back...