Clarity on the C81CFPE2 – Para Military 2 Carbon Fiber CPM 154/CPM S90V

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

I'd like to see a lot of knife and box end pics on Chris's thread, but that's probably not too likely.

I know zip about knife manufactory, but one question would be whether the centering is determined when the steel is rolled or when it's machined into blades.
K-390 on hand: Mule Team 17, Police 4 G-10, Endela (burlap micarta), Endela backup, Endura (canvas micarta), Straight Stretch (now blade-swapped with G-10 Stretch), Delica Wharncliffe, Dragonfly Wharncliffe, & Dragonfly Wharncliffe shorty mod
Note to self: Less is more.
Chopping Broccoli

Post by Chopping Broccoli »

So, where can I get one of these....
Current Spydies....
Captain
Persian
Chinook 3
Manix 2
Stretch (Black CE and Blue ZDP)
Military (orange, brown, and CF)
Para Military 1 (black) (My EDC)
Para Military 2 (grey, orange, brown, blue, green)
Khukuri
Sage 1, 2, 3, & 4
Dodo
Chokwe
Gayle Bradley
Caly 3.5 Super Blue
UKPK
Urban (Wharncliffe and Leaf)
Progrip
Endura (white, orange, and G10)
Delica x6
Dragonfly x2
Ladybug x4
Perrin Street Bowie
Super Leaf

ugaarguy

Post by ugaarguy »

Congrats to the folks who got these at great prices from the couteous sellers that had them.
Strong-Dog

Post by Strong-Dog »

Chopping Broccoli wrote:So, where can I get one of these....
eBay haha
"For a second, I thought I was dead, but when I heard all the noise I knew they were cops. Only cops talk that way. If they had been wiseguys, I wouldn't have heard a thing. I would've been dead."

-Henry Hill
JNewell

Post by JNewell »

DougC-3 wrote:I'd like to see a lot of knife and box end pics on Chris's thread, but that's probably not too likely.

I know zip about knife manufactory, but one question would be whether the centering is determined when the steel is rolled or when it's machined into blades.
I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for informative data points in that thread. :) Kinda like painting a big bullseye on yourself? ;)

My guess would be that centering was determined when the steel was rolled, and if that's the case, Crucible or Niagra or someone has some work to do at some point in the process. :rolleyes:
Clip

Post by Clip »

JNewell wrote:I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for informative data points in that thread. :) Kinda like painting a big bullseye on yourself? ;)

My guess would be that centering was determined when the steel was rolled, and if that's the case, Crucible or Niagra or someone has some work to do at some point in the process. :rolleyes:
Whoa whoa whoa! Lets wait and see what it brings! :) but you're probably right with how it's going so far
Click here to zoom: Under the Microscope

Manix2, Elmax MT13, M4 Manix2, ZDP Caly Jr, SB Caly3.5, Cruwear MT12, XHP MT16, South Fork, SB Caly3, 20CP Para2, Military Left Hand, Perrin PPT, Squeak, Manix 83mm, Swick3, Lil' Temperance, VG10 Jester, Dfly2 Salt, Tasman Salt

Chris
JNewell

Post by JNewell »

Clip wrote:Whoa whoa whoa! Lets wait and see what it brings! :) but you're probably right with how it's going so far
Hey, nothing but good will at ya :) but given the recent furor over that knife...and the S110V Mule...and the 2013 Forum knife...and the green 204P Para2...and all the others, it seems like an optimistic venture. :) Between that and the price, I am not sure how much we're going to learn about the steel from this particular run of knives. :(
Revival

Post by Revival »

Clip wrote:Whoa whoa whoa! Lets wait and see what it brings! :) but you're probably right with how it's going so far
I am waiting patiently too and curious to see what happens. Its almost like a secret society.
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

Well, at first it looked like there were about four members on this thread who scored them but I think three were robbed by phone callers :( . The only one I'm sure of now is IG-88 (post 103). It's not looking too good for the home team so far, but things may look up.
K-390 on hand: Mule Team 17, Police 4 G-10, Endela (burlap micarta), Endela backup, Endura (canvas micarta), Straight Stretch (now blade-swapped with G-10 Stretch), Delica Wharncliffe, Dragonfly Wharncliffe, & Dragonfly Wharncliffe shorty mod
Clip

Post by Clip »

DougC-3 wrote:Well, at first it looked like there were about four members on this thread who scored them but I think three were robbed by phone callers :( . The only one I'm sure of now is IG-88 (post 103). It's not looking too good for the home team so far, but things may look up.
I think I know who got the three at NGK but I'll wait til the thread starts to get a little more body.

Manix2, Elmax MT13, M4 Manix2, ZDP Caly Jr, SB Caly3.5, Cruwear MT12, XHP MT16, South Fork, SB Caly3, 20CP Para2, Military Left Hand, Perrin PPT, Squeak, Manix 83mm, Swick3, Lil' Temperance, VG10 Jester, Dfly2 Salt, Tasman Salt

Chris
JNewell

Post by JNewell »

NGK actually got half a dozen of these.
Revival

Post by Revival »

Clip wrote:I think I know who got the three at NGK but I'll wait til the thread starts to get a little more body.
1 person got 3???
Clip

Post by Clip »

JNewell wrote:NGK actually got half a dozen of these.
That's great news! I was going by the fact that you posted there were 3 left and I'd hoped you got one when 4 were listed.
Revival wrote:1 person got 3???
No, one per person :)

Chris
JNewell

Post by JNewell »

Clip wrote:That's great news! I was going by the fact that you posted there were 3 left and I'd hoped you got one when 4 were listed.

No, one per person :)
Trying to juggle physical inventory against phone and web orders on hot items must be a major headache - I don't think many dealers have really figured out how to make both work at the same time.
Surfingringo

Post by Surfingringo »

Anybody gotten one from CS or KW? They both usually price stuff pretty fair.
Shakyamuni

Post by Shakyamuni »

I got one from GPK, it's inbound. They are out now.

We know NGK is out. Thespydercostore seems to have sold theirs.

KW hasn't decided whether they are going to sell.

Howe's hasn't decided what to do with his 2. For a while it looked like he was going to do a lottery (was briefly posted that customers with at least 4 orders in his system would be eligible to enter the drawing to purchase), but that info has since been pulled.

I don't know of any other stores that are planning to sell. I'm not sure if CS would be getting any, I never see collectors numbers on sale there.
Manbug G-10, Salt I PE, Pacific Salt SE, Caly 3.5, Green Forum Native 5, Green ParaMilitary 2, Centofante 3
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

Has anybody checked Country Knives? I got my only CC there, the green Para2, last year (on a tip from one JN! :) ). It cost a bit more, but I was very late getting involved and very lucky to get it!
black

Post by black »

Actually I'm glad I won't get one.
JNewell

Post by JNewell »

DougC-3 wrote:Has anybody checked Country Knives? I got my only CC there, the green Para2, last year (on a tip from one JN! :) ). It cost a bit more, but I was very late getting involved and very lucky to get it!
Good suggestion. CK general sells at MSRP, which is often not the best deal, but in this case would not be bad at all.
black wrote:Actually I'm glad I won't get one.
Why?
FCM415

Post by FCM415 »

Bah Humbug.
A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory.
-Leonard Nimoy