Goddard sprint?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
twinboysdad

Goddard sprint?

Post by twinboysdad »

anybody using theirs? Not much has been said about them since their release, and they all got bought up! I let mine go to get a SB E4, which I don't regret, but did think it would be an awesome EDC with its lightweight and cool handle shape
sharpguitarist

Post by sharpguitarist »

Hey twinboysdad.
I actually carried mine today as my work edc.
I cut a little cardboard and some shrink wrap. Zipped right through the cardboard with hardly any effort.
I hardly noticed it in my pocket because of the light weight.
The ergos are really comfortable with several grip options.
A couple guys at work, who I've converted to Spyderco, fell in love with the knife, and were trying to find one online.
I always wanted one of the original versions, but never got one.
The sprint fulfilled that void, plus the od green scales made it a have to have, as I'm a green fanatic.
Later,
Don
Everyone's entitled to their own opinion, even if it is wrong.:rolleyes:
RJNC

Post by RJNC »

Love my Baby Goddard.
3rdGenRigger

Post by 3rdGenRigger »

I carry mine regularly. It carries very slimly, and has a lot of blade length for the handle length. It's also very ergonomic, and I love the subtle swedge on the spine...makes it more comfortable to reach past it deeper into a pocket.

All Glory To The Hypno-Toad

---> Branden
RadioactiveSpyder

Post by RadioactiveSpyder »

I'm a fan too :D

I am also a proud owner of a white Micarta Goddard Jr. and the burgundy Micarta Baby Goddard. I agree that it's a wonderfully simple and comfortable grip. I simply do not use mine much, which I should remedy. Cheers, Radioactive
It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King
glbpro

Post by glbpro »

This is one of those knives that I keep looking at and holding and never really liking that much. Perhaps it's time to revisit it! Thanks :)
Regards,
Bruno

"Each of the builders wore his sword at his side as he worked." - Nehemiah 4:18
FCM415

Post by FCM415 »

I should have bought one. Just stared at the check out now screens but never went ahead. Was overwhelmed by my knife purchases when it was around. Anyone have any leads on any online dealers having stock of this recent large sprint?
A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory.
-Leonard Nimoy
RadioactiveSpyder

Post by RadioactiveSpyder »

FCM415 wrote:I should have bought one. Just stared at the check out now screens but never went ahead. Was overwhelmed by my knife purchases when it was around. Anyone have any leads on any online dealers having stock of this recent large sprint?
eBay is the only place I see some now, none of the favorite online dealers seem to have any. Prices for several in the bay are very reasonable and I would doubt you'd have to worry about the possibility of fakes (several are CC anyways). Hope that helps!
It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King
DeathBySnooSnoo

Post by DeathBySnooSnoo »

I really like it...just never managed to buy one! I'm very much regretting that now...

Someone was holding one for me, but I did a inbox cleanup and accidentally deleted their message!
On the hunt for...
3rdGenRigger

Post by 3rdGenRigger »

It's because of this knife I've never bought a FRN Delica or Endura (I only have the most recent Goddard sprint, and I wouldn't want one with a partially serrated blade anyways). I was gifted a Damascus Delica over Christmas, but it's not FRN and doesn't count with regard to the far more numerous FRN E/D models in the context of this discussion. To my hand the Goddard feels better than the FRN Delica and Endura, though the extreme slimness and the beadblasted finish on the titanium scales with contrast to the overall darker Damascus blade have won me over to this version of the Delica as a near perfect gentlemans folder. I carry my Goddard more when I'm not going to be in a formal setting, and don['t expect any really hard use (Though no matter what comes up I have complete faith in it). The one piece FRN handle of my Native lightweight (Not to be confused with the upcoming Native 5 LW platform) shrugged off a 275 foot fall onto gravel, and nearly a decade of use almost doesn't show. With that considered, I have no qualms using it. This shot is 375 feet up and you can see it in the pocket of my tool pouch.

All Glory To The Hypno-Toad

---> Branden
Halfneck

Post by Halfneck »

Forget that... I fast-roped 40 feet while in the Army and had a blast. That looks just a wee too high for me lol. The recent Goddard Sprint is one I wish I'd gotten at the time.
"A Delica is still a better weapon than a keyboard and a sour attitude..." Michael Janich
araneae

Post by araneae »

Halfneck wrote:...The recent Goddard Sprint is one I wish I'd gotten at the time.
Me too. It seemed like the price was a little high for what it was, but I wish I had picked one up.
So many knives, so few pockets... :)
-Nick

Last in: N5 Magnacut
The "Spirit" of the design does not come through unless used. -Sal