Page 1 of 3
Your Three Favorite FRN Knives
Posted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 9:17 am
Hey guys, I have really been enjoying my FRN knives and was curious as to what your 3 favorite ones are. Be as specific as you can with the descriptions. My three I own right now are my brown Endura 4 ffg, orange Dragonfly 2, and Native 1 PE. Pics are always welcome too!
Posted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 9:41 am
Sorry, I always have loads of trouble when I try to upload pics. Anyways
1. FRN ZDP-189 Stretch- ergos are excellent, and I love ZDP
2. Superblue Endura- what else can I say about the endura
3. CTS-XHP Native 5- great steel, good size for edc
Posted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 9:43 am
I would say my three favorites are: 1 Tasman Salt, 2 Endura Saber Grind, Plain Edge (as you may have seen in my sharpening post picture) and 3 Native FRN with VG-10 Steel.
I love how the FRN handle on the Native feels, and I love the slickness and beauty of the drop point blade of the Native. The Tasman Salt is beautiful to behold, and to cut with, it shears through strings and paper and cardboard and fruits and veggies like they were soft butter.
Posted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:00 am
#1: Caly Jr.
(#4: The Catcherman is winning favor)
Posted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:04 am
1. DragonFly 2 - ZDP-189. Punches above its weight.
2. Salt 1 - For me, the perfect fishing companion.
3. ManBug ZDP-189 - like the Dfly, it performs like a much bigger knife. The small size difference from the LadyBug makes a big difference in functionality.
Posted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 11:59 am
I'm a big fan of FRN much like how I appreciate my polymer guns. Light, strong, awesome.
1. ZDP Stretch Blue AND BRG: My most carried and used folders overall. Nuff said!
2. ZDP Endura: Another favorite.
3. Pacific Salt serrated black: My only serrated folder and it's incredibly durable for a liner less 3 ouncer.
4. ZDP DFly: Perfect big-little knife, Ill take it over my G10 version nine times out of ten.
I'm sure the FRCP N5 lightweight will be a favorite as well.
Posted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 12:01 pm
1. Stretch Green ZDP-189. Love the handle color, great ergos, great steel, big enough for pretty much any EDC task, yet light and slim enough that it disappears into the pocket. Has that perfect opening hole-to pivot ratio that makes it among the easiest to open Spydies out there.
2. Old school Native III in Blue FRN w/ VG-10. Still the best feeling version of the Native to my hand. I really like the 3d sculpted handle, though I will say I prefer the jimping on top of the blade on the newer models. Plus, two words: WIRE CLIP.
3. Meerkat black drop point. Really regret trading this one away several years ago. Great little "sheeple" friendly knife and the "phantom lock" was really fun to tease people with. Missed the boat on the burgundy sprint, so hoping for another run...
Posted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 12:04 pm
That's a tough one, I don't own many FRN knives, I'm much more a G10 guy. But, I'd have to say Stretch, Dragonfly, and Ladybug. I'm real partial to the blue ZDP Stretch, but I don't own one.
Posted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 12:21 pm
1. Endura 4 flat ground ZDP-189
2. Native I s30v
3. C16 Wayne Goddard sprintrun 2013
Posted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 3:41 pm
1. orange Moran
2. H1 PE Dragonfly
3. Native (not sure which one actually as the XHP pocket clip is great but the second hand S30V gets carried more as scratches don´t bother me on that one)
The Tasman also ranks high and the H1 Enuff is just a massive palm filling beauty!
Posted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 3:55 pm
1.Delica flat ZDP189
Posted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 3:55 pm
#1 Gray Caly Jr.
#2 Burgundy Caly Jr.
#3 Black Caly Jr.
Honorable Mention...BRG Manbug
Posted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 4:00 pm
2. Lil Matriarch
3. Ladybug hawkbill
All the rest get honorable mentions
Posted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 4:58 pm
The only FRNs I own is my Dragonflies and ladybugs so they would be it. I would love to get a Salt 1 or Pacific Salt serrated.
Posted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 5:08 pm
1. se Pacific Salt
2. se Tasman Salt
3. I have not yet received my new super blue delica but I am hoping it makes the list.
Posted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 5:25 pm
Ladybug Hawkbill SE h1
Posted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 6:18 pm
Atlantic Salt Saver (H1)
Dyad Jr. (Sprint run)
Posted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 6:30 pm
Posted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 9:21 pm
Not a fan of FRN so much, but what I do have in FRN I like well enough. I guess it'd be in this order; 1. Tasman PE. 2. Pacific Salt, 3. Delica 4 Emerson
Posted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 9:31 pm