Will we ever see an all black SE Pac salt??

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
spyderHS08

Will we ever see an all black SE Pac salt??

Post by spyderHS08 »

The title pretty much sums up my question.....I've been waiting on an all black SE Pac salt for years. I wonder if and when Sal will put one out. It can't be too much extra work as they have and produce everything they need.
39 & counting...
:spyder: E3, Para mili, Salt 1 PE, Native, D3 OD, Ladybug, UKPK, Dodo, D4, Tasman, Ladybug Salt, Smallfly, Khukuri, Para Military, USN E4, Persistence, Civilian, Yojimbo, Smallfly, Manix 2 CE, Dodo, Military, D4 , Blackhawk, Pac Salt, Military, Manix 2, Captain, Assist, D'fly PE, Spyderhawk SE, Persian, Lum tanto, Warrior, Lil Temp, Tuff, spyderfly, szabofly, :spyder:

Dodo!
FCM415

Post by FCM415 »

That's what I'm talking about! I'd def pick one up, the combo I wished they had when I purchased my Pac Salt. A serrated black blade and yellow would be nice too.
A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory.
-Leonard Nimoy
spyderHS08

Post by spyderHS08 »

FCM415 wrote:That's what I'm talking about! I'd def pick one up, the combo I wished they had when I purchased my Pac Salt. A serrated black blade and yellow would be nice too.
I would be alllll over a black and yellow Pac salt seeing as I'm a WSU Shocker graduate and that combo would just be badass anyway. Although I'm not sure if spyderco would be interested in a run like this because the black blade Pac salt was for military and intended to be discreet so a yellow handle would make it stand out. However I know and we all know a yellow frn handle and black SE blade would fly off the shelves like hot cakes...so maybe in time we will be able to convince the crew to do a sprint of these fancy Pac salts :D
39 & counting...
:spyder: E3, Para mili, Salt 1 PE, Native, D3 OD, Ladybug, UKPK, Dodo, D4, Tasman, Ladybug Salt, Smallfly, Khukuri, Para Military, USN E4, Persistence, Civilian, Yojimbo, Smallfly, Manix 2 CE, Dodo, Military, D4 , Blackhawk, Pac Salt, Military, Manix 2, Captain, Assist, D'fly PE, Spyderhawk SE, Persian, Lum tanto, Warrior, Lil Temp, Tuff, spyderfly, szabofly, :spyder:

Dodo!
1965ford

Post by 1965ford »

I would buy one. A discussion on black blades got me looking for a black serrated salt.
Endera4 Tenacious Sage3 Sage4 CFBalance Cricket Military Calypso Native5 Paramilitary2 Tenacious PacificSalt Salt1 DragonflySE LadybugHawkbillSaltSE Delica Domino SmallPersian2
BadFish

Post by BadFish »

I'd be down. I've been looking for a great fully serrated model. I love my Tasman but I'd like a non hawkbill fully serrated. I use my UKPK a lot but a nice locking knife in full se would be great.
~~~~ USn Catcherman ~~~~ Tasman Se ~~~~ Centofante 3 ~~~~ UKPK blue SE ~~~~ Goddard OD Sprint Pe ~~~~ Ambitious Pe blue~~~~ Zdp Ladybug ~~~~ Manix 2 lwt Pe ~~~~ Delica orange Pe ~~~~ Swick 3 fb ~~~~ Native brown xhp ~~~~ Persian 2 ~~~~ Tenacious green ps ~~~~ Drangonfly Sb ~~~~
ManixFan

Post by ManixFan »

I would buy a black bladed serrated Pacific Salt..........but not if it had a yellow handle.
GoodEyeSniper

Post by GoodEyeSniper »

All black would be cool. Black serrated blade with white frn would be cooler.
twinboysdad

Post by twinboysdad »

I would be willing to bet there are a few of these in US Military hands already. Anyone remember the black blade Manix 2 LW? Only one out there...belongs to a Gov't door kicker!

http://www.spyderco.com/forums/showthre ... ightweight
ManixFan

Post by ManixFan »

ManixFan wrote:I would buy a black bladed serrated Pacific Salt..........but not if it had a yellow handle.
Actually a yellow handle against a black blade would be an aesthetically pleasing contrast. But if only one frn handle colour was offered I would say that a black handle would make the most sense in combination with a black blade. Although I do admit that the "tool-like" marine yellow offers excellent visibility if dropped in water.

Hmmn, perhaps get both?
Surfingringo

Post by Surfingringo »

I would buy one except it would look odd after my spine regrind so as long as they are making em with the hump I'll go with the regular satin.

Good news for you black blade salt fans though, there is an all black aqua salt coming out soon.
Brock O Lee

Post by Brock O Lee »

Surfingringo wrote: Good news for you black blade salt fans though, there is an all black aqua salt coming out soon.
I missed this announcement... Mind sharing the link?

Edit: found it
http://www.spyderco.com/forums/showthre ... post947025

I'm excited for the PE, already have the SE. It would make a great camping and hiking food prepper.
Hans

Favourite Spydies: Military, PM2, Shaman, UKPK
Others: Victorinox Pioneer, CRK L Sebenza 31, CRK L Inkosi
zhyla

Post by zhyla »

The addition of a carbon coating to an H1 blade is pretty ironic.

What's with you yellow handle freaks? I would have bought an H1 dragonfly by now if I could get it in reasonable color.
All God's critters have knives.
Surfingringo

Post by Surfingringo »

zhyla wrote:The addition of a carbon coating to an H1 blade is pretty ironic.

What's with you yellow handle freaks? I would have bought an H1 dragonfly by now if I could get it in reasonable color.
Hehe...I don't really care for the yellow either to be honest. My black pacific salt was lost at sea earlier this year and I replaced it with the yellow to have something "higher vis" but it's kind of fugly compared to my old black one. Whatever, folks seem to like em and I use this particular knife so much and so hard it's kind of hard to get too worried about the color...such concern is best reserved for safe queens. Funny how that works...the more I actually use a knife, the less I give a **** what it looks like. :) .
ManixFan

Post by ManixFan »

Is this thread based on anything more than wishful thinking? Has anyone at Spyderco ever indicated that a SE black bladed Pacific Salt might be a possibility?
Estne Spyderco in toga, an solum tibi libet me videre? :eek:
Google est amicus! :D
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

If the black Endura was all PE or the black Pac Salt was all SE I would own them both but they aren't so I don't own either. The black Endura is only CE and the black Pac Salt is only PE. I would love to see either of these.
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
cgjones

Post by cgjones »

I would love to have an all black SE Pacific Salt.
D-Roc

Post by D-Roc »

bearfacedkiller wrote:If the black Endura was all PE or the black Pac Salt was all SE I would own them both but they aren't so I don't own either. The black Endura is only CE and the black Pac Salt is only PE. I would love to see either of these.

Totally agreed. Not a big fan of CE, but I have two Endura's in that edge. They are my daily users, and although I find them useful...I won't buy CE again.
And I would def buy a Black Salt in SE, especially considering how its reputed to perform. Def buy a black E4 PE if it was made. Strange with the combo edge only.
:spyder: MEMBRE DE L'ORDRE INTERNATIONALE SPYDEREDGE :spyder:
Milkman

Post by Milkman »

For a few bucks you can get some RIT dye at any craft store. I dyed the yellow handle of my serrated Tasman Salt. The dye itself was a kelly green, but the handle ended up more of an army olive drab.
Jeremy_A_Neel

Post by Jeremy_A_Neel »

Alternatively, I'd like to see a plainedge, manual autonomy.
"If you have a difficult task, give it to a lazy person - they will find an easier way to do it." -Hlade's Law
sal

Post by sal »

We've got a few all black models in-the-works, including serrated versions. We'll offer them and hide-n-watch.

sal