How many S110V Mules?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.

How many S110V Mules?

20%
33%
39%
more than 2
9%

Total votes: 46

Strong-Dog

How many S110V Mules?

Post by Strong-Dog »

Are you planning on flipping them if you got more than one?
"For a second, I thought I was dead, but when I heard all the noise I knew they were cops. Only cops talk that way. If they had been wiseguys, I wouldn't have heard a thing. I would've been dead."

-Henry Hill
jtoler_9

Post by jtoler_9 »

In before the lock. Silly thread. :rolleyes:
Invective

Post by Invective »

I bought a million. But they're all for personal use, I go through a lot of wear-resistant knives in my line of work (I work in construction and have to pry, screwdrive, hammer, and sometimes even use as a jackhammer bit).
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

I only need one. Just needed a test comparison to my others. My Phil Wilson gives me plenty of input on how amazing S110V can be. I am glad to see the grind is possible thinner on this Mule.
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*
Holland

Post by Holland »

zero for me. not fan of the ergos
-Spencer

Rotation:
Gayle Bradley 2 | Mantra 1 | Watu | Chaparral 1 | Dragonfly 2 Salt SE
yablanowitz

Post by yablanowitz »

The closest I've come to flipping one is sending a 9cr18 to Argentina as a gift. I'll cord wrap one to beat up and keep the other for a real finish.
I don't believe in safe queens, only in pre-need replacements.
Philo Beddoe

Post by Philo Beddoe »

I tried to buy 13,971 S110V Mules..one to keep and use..13,970 to flip but was unable to accomplish my goal..why was 13,970 not a option :confused: :rolleyes:

If this is a serious thread then its Beating a Dead Horse and should be locked..
dishcore

Post by dishcore »

I bought one, so I could flip it.

To myself.

For triple the price. I think i'll come out ahead. Kind of new to this screwing myself over thing.
jabba359

Post by jabba359 »

I bought the remainder of the supply that Invective didn't get. I plan on using them as single-use, disposable kitchenware for things like spreading cream cheese on bagels or prying open the lids on cans. The rest I plan to flip back to Sal at a price of $6,348.92 each, plus $6.51 shipping, a $4.01 handling fee, and of course a 7% transaction processing surcharge.
-Kyle

:bug-red
Latest arrivals: Lava Flow CF DLC Para2, Magnacut Mule, GITD Jester

http://www.spydiewiki.com
Tdog

Post by Tdog »

My dedicated kitchen model will be used to flip burgers and flip flapjacks if feasible, but only if I'm feeling flippant
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

Bought one, for myself. Last time I flipped a knife was almost 60 years ago. The **** thing came down point first on my foot so I never did that again.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
setldown

Post by setldown »

[ATTACH]23271[/ATTACH]
Attachments
893Funny-thumb.gif
893Funny-thumb.gif (570 Bytes) Viewed 1812 times
Focus is just distraction from distraction, so I take my moderation in moderation.
eric m.

Post by eric m. »

Just ordered my first, along with scales from Halpern Ti which should be coming today. :)
JNewell

Post by JNewell »

jtoler_9 wrote:in before the lock. Silly thread. :rolleyes:
:D lol. ;)
paladin

Post by paladin »

x2, one for myself, one for my son...
What is truth? Pontius Pilate
hiredgun

Post by hiredgun »

Okay, I'll bite. :rolleyes: I bought 2 because Sal said I could. I like to make custom scales and work on my knife making craft. If I feel like my custom Mule is something worthy to sell to a knife enthusiast, then I will. I definitely will recoup my purchase price for the knife, materials and anything over and above what my time and skill demands on the open market. I'm really nobody special, but if I can make the effort to purchase Mules, Sprints, Exclusives, Forum Knives, etc., and I have had plenty of "success" in that area, then I don't have a lot of sympathy for whiners and complainers.
You can't display a toad in a fine restaurant like this! Why, the good folks here would go right off the feed!
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

I didn't buy any but apparently all my knives are for flipping. My gal is always saying "you have too many flipping knives!" :confused:
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
Cujobob

Post by Cujobob »

Gouging people and selling them are very different situations. If you're taking advantage of the fact these are a limited run to make money, you're doing the hobby and community a disservice. It would be rather silly to participate in a community of like minded folks you could consider friends but turn around and screw them.
Strong-Dog

Post by Strong-Dog »

I think I'm missing something here, because I'm genuinely interested in how many mules people got. Why is this a silly thread thats beating a dead horse, and why should this be locked?
"For a second, I thought I was dead, but when I heard all the noise I knew they were cops. Only cops talk that way. If they had been wiseguys, I wouldn't have heard a thing. I would've been dead."

-Henry Hill
yablanowitz

Post by yablanowitz »

Strong-Dog wrote:I think I'm missing something here, because I'm genuinely interested in how many mules people got. Why is this a silly thread thats beating a dead horse, and why should this be locked?
I don't know of any reason, other than maybe because a thread like it comes up every time something sells out fast and a bunch of people who wanted one weren't quick enough to get one. People always get up in arms over others buying an extra to resell for enough to pay for both instead of just buying one to keep and leaving the other so someone else can buy it at regular price. They cry "unfair!" and they may well be right, but there are much, much larger injustices in this world than a few speculators buying Mules as investments.
I don't believe in safe queens, only in pre-need replacements.